Keyboard not responding correctly (fixed)

90 Night Elf Druid
Holy crap - I just updated my drivers for my mouse (downloading the Synapse thing on the Rszer site) and it seems fixed as far as I can tell. Loading the program will make your computer restart twice - make sure that after the first restart, when youre looking at the program's page, you hit the [!] button at the bottom to update/restart again.

I'll let you know if it doesnt work

Edit:

Ok, so it seems like it doesn't ENTIRELY fix the problem, as it continues to stick sometimes, but for the most part the issue seems gone. I'll PVP for a while and check back again if something's changed.
Edited by Accalon on 5/23/2013 5:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
The fix does not work for me. I tried the fix that you suggested

defaults write com.blizzard.worldofwarcraft disable-expose-fix -bool YES

but the "stuck shift" issue remained.

I then tried

defaults write com.blizzard.worldofwarcraft disable-expose-fix -bool NO

Which disabled the ability to use the shift modifier at all.

Then using this again:

defaults write com.blizzard.worldofwarcraft disable-expose-fix -bool YES

Returned the ability to use the shift modifier again, and the "stuck shift" issue as well

Hope you can get to the bottom of this. my raid kept wiping last night due to this issue. It was not a fun evening.

This is exactly what is going on! The fix to be able to use our mice buttons as modifiers was to use the -bool YES flag... Blizzard did something in 5.3 that has broken this fix because having this flag set to yes now creates a sort of toggle effect. If we set it back to -bool NO then we can use the modifiers just fine BUT as soon as we press ANY OTHER at the same time WoW quickly goes back to the normal state. Please fix this!

When we are forced to use "work-arounds" for months and months to compensate for shoddy programming only to have that shoddy programming patched (forgetting about the stupid work-around) - this sort of thing tends to happen.
Edited by Sarafinäh on 5/23/2013 5:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hey all,

We need some additional information to help resolve this. Can you provide the make/model of the mouse or keypad you use that has the modifier programmed to? (like Razer Naga, etc).

This will help us out in finding a solution for this issue.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I've tried a Logitech G9x, a Razor Naga epic, and a MAD CATZ MMO 7 - all are providing the same problem.

When the disable-expose-fix -bool is set to YES, the key states "stick" and don't return after the modifier is released. When the disable-expose-fix -bool is set to NO, the key states change but as soon as I press ANY other key they return to the normal state thus not allowing me to use the modifier at all.

Pre 5.3 the only way I could get any of these mice to work was to use the -bool YES flag as posted in another thread as a work around. Post 5.3 this does not work anymore - so... ya
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Hey all,

We need some additional information to help resolve this. Can you provide the make/model of the mouse or keypad you use that has the modifier programmed to? (like Razer Naga, etc).

This will help us out in finding a solution for this issue.

Thanks!

Keyboard: Logitech G510
Mouse: Razer Naga
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Same here. Was pulling my hair out.

"s" would toggle sound on and off instead of "crtl s"

Unable to use any abilities on any character unless I clicked the key, and even then half the time the 1,2,3,.. keys would activate pet abilities instead of my main spells. It's like the key maps have been completely scrambled.

Razer deathstalker keyboard

Logitech G600 mouse
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I am having the same issue with my Mac and apple keyboard with razer naga. It has started a couple of days ago. When ever I hit a keybind with shift it will lock into shift and when I got to press any other buttons including on my Naga it remains locking into shift until I hit shift again. really annoying.
Edit:
The problem is not just occurring with my Naga but also just a basic shift+keyboard key and the shift key sticks.
Edited by Bladesrus on 5/23/2013 9:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Cyborg Rat7 has my shift/alt/ctrl
My OrbWeaver just has regular keys bound to it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
keyboard: IMac wireless keyboard
mouse: razer naga molten
the keys stick when the combination of shift/alt/ctrl+ any button from the razor mouse such as mouse wheel up.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Apple mac keyboard (USB wired)

Steelseries World of Warcraft mouse (USB wired)

The problem occurs with the keyboard as well as with the mouse. As an example, while the "sticky shift" problem is occurring, if I press a number 2 on my keyboard for instance, the WoW client thinks that I am pressing shift+2, and automatically changes my main action bar to Action Bar 2 (my default keybind setting to change action bars to Action Bar 2 is Shift+2)

I know this because this keeps happening during boss fights - my rotation includes pressing 2 on the keyboard and I kept looking down and finding a whole row of strange spells & items on my main action bar which normally are found in Action Bar 2.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Mac OS X Version 10.7.5
Keyboard: Logitech G-510
Mouse: Razor Naga (Original Blue Mouse)

As most have been saying the issue is when pressing any modifier key shift,alt or ctrl and then another key. For example:

Keybind Cast Sequence: Shift+8 --> 8 --> 8

How the game should read it: Shift+8--> 8 --> 8

How the game is currently reading it: Shift +8 --> Shift+8 --> Shift +8 (as you can see the modifier is remaining on despite not being pressed)
Edited by Namirah on 5/23/2013 10:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
keyboard: Late 2012 Apple wired

mouse: Logitech G500 gaming mouse
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Thanks for the additional info :) I have sent the listed peripherals up to our team to help get this resolved.

I will be back if more information is needed. Keep an eye out on this thread and our Known Issues sticky for more infoz!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I upgraded from Mac OS X 10.7.5 to 10.8.3 hoping that might be part of the problem but the problem still persists.

Also, if you login and just stand in town using modifier keys it works fine (for me), whether in or out of combat I don't really experience the problem of sticky modifiers. I get this false sense of security and queue for anything and once in a group and start casting it doesn't take long for it to happen. I use a lot of modifier keys (I basically mouse-click-cast as a healer, using an add-on to bind various click, shift-cick, ctrl-click, etc. to spells). At first I thought it was the add-on, so I switched add-ons (I have 2 ready to go at patch time just to account for Murphy's Patch Law). But the problem occurred with both add-ons, and then when I abandoned add-ons altogether it happens just using the keyboard anyway.

I'm ashamed to say I now have to boot into my Bootcamp partition and run the Windows version to even play WoW any more.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm having the same problem. Can't do any high level gameplay.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Thanks for the additional info :) I have sent the listed peripherals up to our team to help get this resolved.

I will be back if more information is needed. Keep an eye out on this thread and our[url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6489880421"] Known Issues [/url]sticky for more infoz!

I just want to be clear - as some of the earlier commenters have said, and as is the same in my case, the modifier itself isn't mapped to the USB mouse. For me, I use macros with modifiers defined. The macros are bound to 1, 2, 3... My external mouse (Logitech G600) uses those same mappings (1, 2, 3). The problem only occurs when clicking the keyboard (laptop keyboard) shift/alt/ctrl along with the number on the external device. If I have SHIFT-1 mapped on my mouse, I don't encounter the sticky problem. If I do SHIFT-1 on the keyboard only, that's no problem. It's only if I use the mouse at the same time that I'm pressing SHIFT/ALT/CTRL on the laptop keyboard - so if I do SHIFT (laptop keyboard) + 1 (mouse), sticky problem.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Can you provided an example macro, so I can add this as well?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Example macro that sticks.

#showtooltip hex
/cast [@focus, nomodifier] hex
/cast [@target, modifier: shift] hex

Normally I don't have that as a macro but as two separate binds
My bind is mouse wheel up to hex focus and shift mouse wheel up to hex current target.
The keys stick even if there is not a modifier macro.
Edited by Limpspoon on 5/24/2013 8:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Can you provided an example macro, so I can add this as well?

Here ya go:
/cast [mod:shift]Ancestral Swiftness
/cast [nomod,@mouseover,help][nomod,@target,help][nomod]Healing Wave;[mod:shift,@mouseover,help][mod:shift,@target,help][mod:shift]Greater Healing Wave

Just one note though, I literally tried it without the macro and it still stuck :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]