Heroic Scenarios

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
05/21/2013 01:21 PMPosted by Ruderlyn
I don't think you have the ability to kick in scenarios

They should add that, then..
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Punishment for players who aren't social?

There are a great many things to do in World of Warcraft for players that prefer to be less engaged socially, such as Raid Finder, Dungeon Finder, PvP queues, questing, etc. The fact that there are pursuits in the game oriented toward organized gameplay isn't a punishment.

Quite the opposite. Heroic scenarios represent a reasonable challenge. It would be misleading to present a queue, since in other cases they exist only for gameplay elements designed specifically for randomly assembled groups, and for those players who queue to struggle because the content wasn't designed with random queuing in mind.

I know it would mean stepping outside of a comfort zone, but if you want to try them out, maybe you'll actually find that you have some fun finding other players on your realm to explore them with.

Aww...first time I'm ever quoted by a blue and I was being silly. I definitely agree with the sentiment that it just isn't intended to be done with a random queue. I think it is a good thing to encourage people to work in teams smaller than 10 again since the social part of the game (outside of guilds is dwindling)
Edited by Natac on 5/21/2013 1:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
I look forward to Heroic Scenarios
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
05/21/2013 01:26 PMPosted by Novalas
Glad this are replacing dungeons...

From the latest Gamebreaker interview.

We had to talk about at least some PvE, so that took the form of Heroic Scenarios, and whether they were seen by the devs as a replacement for 5-mans. Greg clarified that no, they weren’t, and reassured us that we could indeed expect to see heroic 5-mans in the future.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/video-game-shows/legendary-world-of-warcraft-show/patch-5-3-interview/

They can say that if they want, but it's not really true.

Heroic scenarios are the only non-raid group content with decent rewards that are on offer for the rest of the expansion, which is the role previously filled by dungeons.

They may not be the official replacement, but given that they are the only thing filling the role dungeons used to fill, they are basically replacing dungeons with them for the rest of Mists.

Just finished one on my hunter with some guildies - and it seems that these things are only good for valor and net negative gold if the box drop rate isn't way better than the 476 drop rate for normals.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Aww...first time I'm ever quoted by a blue and I was being silly. I definitely agree with the sentiment that it just isn't intended to be done with a random queue. I think it is a good thing to encourage people to work in teams smaller than 10 again since the social part of the game (outside of guilds is dwindling)

That's awesome to hear! I'm curious to see what you think of them after you've tried a few.

I hear the loot has the potential to be pretty good. And I just quoted you in particular because I wanted to address the argument (not your argument) that pre-made group content represents some kind of punishment. I also quoted you because you're awesome.
Edited by Daxxarri on 5/21/2013 1:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Because mixing random groups and semi-difficult content generally doesn't work out too well.

(See : 4.0 Cataclysm Heroic Dungeons)

100% bullcrap. Quit spreading this. I'm tired of hearing it. it's punishing EVERYONE for a few people who were too lazy to learn to play.

05/21/2013 01:37 PMPosted by Daxxarri
I hear the loot has the potential to be pretty good.

I got a 516 helmet...with no socket, making it unusable. I have so say I'm actually upset.
Edited by Cerylidae on 5/21/2013 1:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest
I see that 516 offhands can potentially drop, which is nice. I really want to ditch this MSV one. XD
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
100% bullcrap. Quit spreading this. I'm tired of hearing it. it's punishing EVERYONE for a few people who were too lazy to learn to play.

They've had to nerf content for random groups (a'la Cata dungeons/Garalon/Lei Shen) to make them more easily completable in random groups. Rather than nerf heroic scenarios, they instead require players to have a premade.

Honestly, this is hardly punishing. It requires 3 players of ANY role. It's not that difficult to find two other players through the various mediums available.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Gotta say, Heroic Scenarios are pretty awesome.

Just did one a minute ago and got 2 516 pieces that were pretty good ups (Dont know why the helms dont have meta sockets though, a bit annoyed by that). Ran 2 dps and a tank and it was pretty fun and fairly challenging without a healer. Had to actually use my brain a few times unlike LFD.

I also like that you need people to que with you; thats how scenarios should be anyway, small group "dungeons" with a few friends that dont need to be super serious with a specific group makeup.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
That's why Heroic Scenarios pale in comparison to Heroic Dungeons, and we're basically screwed until the next expansion.

Cheers.

I approve this message
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I definitely wish there was a solo queue option. Right now I'm in "queue" to pst someone fast enough when they spam LFM in trade. I tried them on the PTR and they let you solo queue then. An ilvl gate would have been enough.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Requires 480 item level to run.
Most trade chat pugs require you be 515-520 ilvl to join.
Working as intended.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
This doesnt work so well on dead realms.......spent an hour looking for 2 other people.....and nada
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
05/21/2013 01:24 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Heroic scenarios represent a reasonable challenge.

I doubt these scenarios are on par with the difficulty of ZA and ZG when they were first rereleased in Cataclysm and, if I remember right, those were solo queueable on day one.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Requires 480 item level to run.
Most trade chat pugs require you be 515-520 ilvl to join.
Working as intended.

Heh ain't it the truth!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
In the rare hope that this feedback is absorbed.... please let the future of WoW require MORE premade groups. Give the masses a couple heroics for the LFG queue, but add new instances as an expansion progresses but leave them for premade groups only. Ramp up the difficulty and rebuild some of the lost community feeling.

I loved the difficulty of Cata heroics at release. I loved seeing people get 1 shot by ozruk if they didn't pay attention. That's the way it should be but that isn't compatible with random groups. Randoms are great. LFG is great. Let progression evolve through an expansion cycle and leave the intro level stuff for the random groups. That's called eating your cake and having it too... and it is possible!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Gotta say, Heroic Scenarios are pretty awesome.

Yeah, I did my first heroic scenario just now, it was pretty cool, I thought it was better than just going around killing NPCs and clicking their dead bodies, hoping something with your stats would show up.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest
This doesnt work so well on dead realms.......spent an hour looking for 2 other people.....and nada

Sounds like you need to try Openraid.us

Sorry about your server. :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]