Holy Paladin - Mastery Nerf

(Locked)

100 Tauren Paladin
Blizzard,

I believe that you owe a sincere apology to the entire community for misinforming the community regarding the nerf to the Mastery: Illuminated Healing.

As communicated:
Mastery: Illuminated Healing now places an absorb shield for 10% of the amount healed, down from 12%.

I fail to see how a 2% reduction to the base mastery equated to more than a 6% nerf. Upon logging out yesterday, my mastery % was 37.1% absorption. Today it was reduced to 30.8%. I fail to see how an announced 2% reduction became over a 6% reduction for my character. The community should have been informed exactly how this nerf was to be implemented instead of being lied to. I find this sort of deceit to be morally repugnant, and the patch notes should have accurately reflected what was being changed in regards to this issue.
Edited by Alcides on 5/21/2013 4:52 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
They never documented the scaling nerf.
All changes to mastery are generally a scaling change.... not just a flat change to the base amount.... like... since... mastery was introduced.
A nerf to the base mastery is a nerf to the scaling, because base mastery is directly tied to the scaling (base mastery = 4800 Mastery rating, iirc).

I'll admit, it is not that evident, specially when in Cata they could nerf base mastery without affecting the scaling (Frost mages went from having a base 8 mastery 'points' to just 2, which reduced their base mastery but did not affect the scaling). I haven't been fond of neither the Cata nor the MoP mastery rating display system because of that; they need to make it much more clear.
100 Human Paladin
I fail to see why the mastery nerf was needed as holy paladin's were in need of buff's not nerfs.

Divine protection off the gcd and usable while stunned...is it so f'ing hard to balance or you dev's just too blind to see past your noses.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I agree, i went to bad two nights ago with 41%, woke up to 33%. They said an initial nerf to the shield itself, not my base mastery. which was stupid of them. sadly my healing tonight has been not good either. majority of my heals came from the sheild and iv dropped about 9k hps w/o the mastery (from 89k hps-78 hps roughly) maybe its because its patch day, i dont know but i do know that the tooltip was very misleading for 5.3's patch note.
05/21/2013 06:06 PMPosted by Vaega
I fail to see why the mastery nerf was needed as holy paladin's were in need of buff's not nerfs.

Wat.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
are you serious about the needed buffs not nerfs...as an hpally? really? cmon...lol lets be realistic here. hpallys are the dks of healing. faceroll and gg. plus the fact that bubble cant be used on half of the fights mechanics in tot makes it almost useless.
90 Blood Elf Priest
05/21/2013 06:06 PMPosted by Vaega

Based on your follow-up comment, seems to be from a pvp perspective, but the change was definitely needed for pve.
90 Goblin Priest
05/21/2013 06:08 PMPosted by Siníster
are you serious about the needed buffs not nerfs...as an hpally?

Pretty obvious by their post and their armory that he/she is speaking for pvp not pve.
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Blizzard,

I believe that you owe a sincere apology to the entire community for misinforming the community regarding the nerf to the Mastery: Illuminated Healing.

As communicated:
Mastery: Illuminated Healing now places an absorb shield for 10% of the amount healed, down from 12%.

I fail to see how a 2% reduction to the base mastery equated to more than a 6% nerf. Upon logging out yesterday, my mastery % was 37.1% absorption. Today it was reduced to 30.8%. I fail to see how an announced 2% reduction became over a 6% reduction for my character. The community should have been informed exactly how this nerf was to be implemented instead of being lied to. I find this sort of deceit to be morally repugnant, and the patch notes should have accurately reflected what was being changed in regards to this issue.

They nerfed your mastery by one-sixth so:

37.1 * 5 / 6 = 30.8

It's mathemagic.

And considering how you utterly destroy some healers' throughput through your mastery, you deserve that nerf.
100 Human Paladin
Blizzard,

As communicated:

They nerfed your mastery by one-sixth so:

37.1 * 5 / 6 = 30.8

It's mathemagic.

And considering how you utterly destroy some healers' throughput through your mastery, you deserve that nerf.

We destroy bad healers sure but so does every class. Let me hit ya with some knowledge as you are up on mathemagic.

The heroic fights where you see pallies ahead of other healers of equal skill and gear... Have you ever taken a second to look and see that the other healer(s) both are doing 40k to 80k dps? So the pally is basically healing the first minute by himself so the group meets the enrage dps requirements. This is the way it works in 10 heroics at least It could be different for 25man.

This isn't to mention any nerf to Holy Pallies in pvp is just retarded right now as we are the absolute bottom healer in 3's with the MW extra trinket buff. Not that Holy isn't kinda viable in some comps but it is hands down the least useful healer out of the 5 right now.
Edited by Maldobarr on 5/22/2013 7:50 AM PDT
100 Worgen Druid
10/12 = 0.83

0.83 * 37.1 = 30.91
90 Blood Elf Priest
Seems like a PvP complaint. Well..blame PvE as usual, I guess. It was overdue.
100 Troll Priest
It's a scaling nerf.
100 Troll Priest
It's a scaling nerf.
86 Blood Elf Paladin
90 Pandaren Monk
05/22/2013 10:14 AMPosted by Trìxxì

O ye of great ignorance.
90 Night Elf Priest
05/22/2013 10:17 AMPosted by Fistlobster

O ye of great ignorance.

With respect to PvP, yeah.

They weren't specific but their armory indicates that's the the perspective they would have.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]