5.3 bug? Boss is hitting raid members

90 Tauren Paladin
On Horridon and on trash the boss has attacked raid members while I still have threat. I checked the logs and no Salvation or HoP is going out at the time. They are also not taunting. The frame is showing me as having over 300% threat on the mob when it attacks somebody else.

Anybody having this issue and does anybody know what's causing it?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Can you post logs? Was this normal/LFR/heroic?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Heroic

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ltfnh17qr04opjna/

I thought maybe it was HoP, Divine Shield, or Hand of Salvation, but it's not:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ltfnh17qr04opjna/xe/?s=1696&e=2326&x=%28%28spell+%3D+%22Hand+of+Salvation%22+or+spell+%3D+%22Hand+of+Protection%22+or+spell+%3D+%22Divine+Shield%22%29+and+targetname+%3D+%22Blizzhoof%22%29+or+%28%28spell+%3D+%22Triple+Puncture%22+or+fulltype+%3D++SWING_DAMAGE%29+and+targetname+!%3D+%22Blizzhoof%22+and+sourcename+%3D+%22Horridon%22%29
Edited by Blizzhoof on 5/21/2013 6:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Paladin
Paladin AM now works by making the boss hit other people. It was only a matter of time before they nerfed us.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I too can confirm this weird occurrence. And I've also noticed is that my threat drops every time I taunt or the hunter misdirects to me.

So far it has happened on Jin'Rohk, Horridon, Council, the giant golem trash on the wind bridge and the single quest mob before Council.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
This issue has been around though. I was having 160% threat and Lei Shen used decap on a dps raid member.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Paladin AM now works by making the boss hit other people. It was only a matter of time before they nerfed us.

+1

FOR SO LONG WE HAVE SACRIFICED FOR YOU. NOW YOU SHALL RETURN THE FAVOUR.
Edited by Slashlove on 5/21/2013 7:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Not sure if this is related, but my raid is having some really strange taunt issues. On Jin'Rok 10, I would taunt off main tank (pally). But, as soon as my taunt wore off, he would go right back on the MT. When I finally get agro, the Main tank has the same problem.

We went so far as to try lock portals, switching to cat form ( for me), and having a pally spell cast on me to help me drop agro.

This was NOT an issue last week before the patch.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Update: Just wiped on Primordius. Boss kept focus on the Ret Paladin even with Divine Protection on.

I hope this bug gets attended to.
Edited by Rhiannora on 5/21/2013 7:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This happened to me today in the LFR on Durumu. The boss targeted and killed 4 dps including me. I wasn't running a threat meter so I just thought the tanks were bad....but they had no issues the rest of the raid so it had to be a bug.
Edited by Savant on 5/21/2013 8:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Durumu

Are you in the inner ring during "super beam of doom?"

And the tanks are in the outer ring?

That's just him being a butt hole.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
tricks of trade and druid's force of nature, if cast on a player, is causing enemies to target that player.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Force of Nature is treants.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=106737

I guess the tank one taunts (to itself?) but how any of that has to do with raid bosses (which aren't going to be taunted by guardian pets like treants or a monk's Xuen) randomly attacking DPS for no apparent reason, I'm not really sure.

edit: Unless the talent itself is the bug? lol
Edited by Tailias on 5/21/2013 9:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Stranger things have happened on patch days.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Force of Nature is treants.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=106737

I guess the tank one taunts (to itself?) but how any of that has to do with raid bosses (which aren't going to be taunted by guardian pets like treants or a monk's Xuen) randomly attacking DPS for no apparent reason, I'm not really sure.

edit: Unless the talent itself is the bug? lol

it's a bug.

we did multiple times in our raid today during trash, and it works on bosses to.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Yeah, just talked to a friend (rogue forum mod on MMO-C actually) and he said that both Tricks and Force of Nature are bugged to do this. Ugh.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
So apparently Restoration Druids' Force of Nature is forcing bosses to attack random people. Yea, awesome bug.

So tell your Restoration Druids to not use it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Tricks is supposed to make them attack the target ...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Yeah, just talked to a friend (rogue forum mod on MMO-C actually) and he said that both Tricks and Force of Nature are bugged to do this. Ugh.

You can add hunter MD to that, last night on horridon I MD'd to our DK tank on the pull, he immediately ate the healer. Mind you this was after the tank started him, I cast MD, shot, and boom insta dead priest.
Edited by Toxarís on 5/22/2013 7:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
SnP
Before the patch, on normal Lei Shen, our Monk Tank had plenty of threat and suddenly the 2h Frost DK got one shot. No one really knew what happened.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]