World of Warcraft launcher doesn't open?

90 Human Paladin
"Failed to extract required files from archive. Pleas try again."
I keep getting this error, I'll click on WoW, it'll say that it's updating, then it will error; saying ^
BLZPTS00008" is the error number. I tried everything it suggested on Battle.net, and nothing worked. It told me to come here, so..yeah.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
bump
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
I'm having a similar problem. My launcher won't open, I went to battlenet and reinstalled setup to run launcher and it gave me an error everytime I tried to run it. It says that the tech support url was not found. Haven't been able to play, tried everything I could think of in the last 3 days short of uninstalling and reinstalling the whole game.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Draenei Mage
"Failed to extract required files from archive. Pleas try again."
I keep getting this error, I'll click on WoW, it'll say that it's updating, then it will error; saying ^
BLZPTS00008" is the error number. I tried everything it suggested on Battle.net, and nothing worked. It told me to come here, so..yeah.

Yeah this is one of those somewhat obscure ones.

Let's try replacing the battle.net tools :

http://patchup.info/blizz/tools/Win/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]