I plan on rping as a necromancer, and I want him to be involved with the scourge in northrend. Now, hears my questions.
1) When Arthas went to Northrend, did he take anyone or did anyone go with him like an army of soldiers?
2) Did the Lich King have necromancer's that weren't undead, excluding the cult of the damned?
3) Even if someone did work with the scourge as a necromancer, if they switched sides and helped the alliance/horde would they accept them or just kill them on sight whether they changed their ways or not? Obviously I know I can't walk around in public shouting I'm a necromancer raising undead everywhere. If anything he would be secluded out in like the plague lands where he would prefer to be and belong anyway.
4) Would necromancy change appearance and lifespan? Such as, would the skin turn paler, greying hair, would lifespan shorten or lengthen ect.
5) Could a necromancer technically just raise ghouls from the ground for no reason, or would their have to be bodies around? Likewise with skeletons, would I need to carry around like a bag of bones then throw them on the ground then raise them?
Those are my basic questions that I can think of right now.
My basic plot is, if Arthas did bring people to northrend with him, is McClark used to be a priest that helped Arthas fight off the scourge, then when he became the Lich King he was simply told that his specialties instead of "healing" would be more mastering around "raising the dead" so behind closed doors, he didn't know he was doing wrong. It slowly shifted to him soon suturing body parts and creating abominations for the scourge without realizing it since he thought he was doing it for the greater good. Once he finds out that he had been helping the scourge, he flees and heads to the alliance and try's to get them to accept him and not kill him in return for information. After the battle with the scourge ended, he was sent off to the plague lands where he would be able to study undead magic there since the general public would not accept him anymore. He would practice, and experiment with necromancy then send general reports of how it functions and ways to counter act it better to alliance military.
Is this viable to role play as or should I just trash it?