Missing Launcher, followed guide and now..

90 Dwarf Hunter
the updater wont even update!

Re-installed wow and realise no Launcher.exe. Two ways to enter game.
1) using WoW.exe
2) load updater everytime and force it to load the launcher.

Used WoW.exe to enter game instead.

Followed guide by http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8197180381 to delete Battle.net Tools Folder in ProgramData.

The step made the situation worst now my updater wont even load up the launcher.

Error message: The shortcut "C:\ProgramData\Mircosoft\Start Menu\Programs\World Of Warcraft\Blizzard Technical Support.lnk" could not be created. The file "TechSupport.url" could not be found.
Reply Quote
My issue was that when I clicked the WoW icon on my windows 7 task bar - it opened the WoW game to the main login screen, rather the downloader window w/ notes and news etc...

I went to C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft ..... but when I clicked "Launcher" some stupid error message popped up saying it can't be found or something.

I ended up looking at my desktop and found another WoW icon, which ended up being the launcher...guess I dragged it out one day wanting to create a short cut.

Anyways, maybe someone else has this issue so I thought id share!
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
Re-installed wow and realise no Launcher.exe. Two ways to enter game.
1) using WoW.exe
2) load updater everytime and force it to load the launcher.

Try deleting the wow.mfil , wow.tfil and wow.pfil files in the wow folder.

Then go to the battle.net folder and delete :

Agent -> Agent.db

Setup -> wow_enus

Then run the wow installer you download from battle.net management. Point it at your existing wow folder and it should restore the launcher.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]