5.3 Mastery changes

90 Human Paladin
KGB
I'm kind of confused about these mastery changes with 5.3. Patch Notes said it got nerfed by 2% yet i lost over 10% of mastery over night. Did i miss something here?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
For Holy, right? You now need more mastery rating to get 1% of mastery than you needed in 5.2 (I believe it's 480, up from 400, but I could be wrong). Because of this, everyone loses a lot more than just the base 2%.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
05/23/2013 03:43 AMPosted by Moodcreator
You now need more mastery rating to get 1% of mastery than you needed in 5.2 (I believe it's 480, up from 400, but I could be wrong).

correct
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's a scaling nerf as well. Basically it's a 16.6~% nerf, or multiply your old mastery by .83 to get your new mastery. It won't affect group/raid play much (you'll notice most on solo play).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
KGB
yeah i meant for holy. I dropped from about 45% down to 34% i think and i cried a little lol

thanks for the answers
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I had the same drop. Why wouldn't they put that in the patch notes? With this nerf is it better to switch to crit or haste as the main secondary stat?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Mastery is king of consistency, crit is king of rng. Your choice. I don't know more than a handful of legit paladins using crit builds, and they're doing it more as a test than anything, often switching back to mastery within a few days.

This was a much needed holy paladin pvp nerf. We were doing way too well already.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
KGB
I'm definitely sticking to my mastery build. Maybe now our resto druids can actually get to outheal the tanks since there's more healing to go around :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]