Can't decide which healer to choose

90 Human Warlock
I used to heal a lot and I want to start doing it again.

I can't decide between my priest which is level 89 or my pally which is level 85.

I'll give you a bit of my healing history.

In Wrath I raided on my resto druid doing icc and boy I can remember that rejuv spam lol. In cata I started out on my druid and then switched to my priest and raided as both holy and disc.

Here I am during mop- I have healed some on my druid this expansion, mostly pvp healed but I want a change of pace.

I have narrowed it down to either priest or pally. I like both the offspecs, ret and shadow, so that doesn't matter to much even if I need a different gear set for ret.

Please help me decide which one!
Edited by Dotdotkaboom on 5/23/2013 9:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Also how is the mana game atm compared to the beginning of cata. I loved the challenge that it added in cata
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
Also how is the mana game atm compared to the beginning of cata

Holy priests are throughput machines heavily checked by mana. For a holy priest mana = total output potential, which is why there is such a big debate about spirit vs. int for that class.

I don't think any other class is as mana ->thus spirit dependent.

The nice part about the priest is that there is a completely different game with disc. The shielding proactive and atonement style healing offers you a big change in pace if you are not enjoying the reactive mana dependent healer.

IMO shadow and holy are both fun battleground PvP specs.

I will let someone else give you an opinion about pally.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Paladins have 3 rolls and are good at all three. So if you sick of healing Ret and Prot at both nice. On the priest holy is still a healing spec. Atonement is probably only so interesting after a while. Shadow is still a caster.

So think about that too.

I agent played a priest since Vanilla with any seriousness. So take that as you will.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Ya i think im going to get on the ptr and try some dungeons
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Holy priest are spirit dependent (active)
Disc Priest are Crit/Spirit dependent (preemptive)
Holy Pally are Mastery/spirit dependent (active & premptive)
Monks are Crit/Spirit depedent (go 7-8k spirit, then dump all in crit) (active)
Shamans are heavily dependent on spirit (best active healer)

aka all healers are spirit dependent, pve or pvp.
It comes down to the healing style you prefer.
Active healing, or preemptive healing.
Edited by Hitmönlee on 5/23/2013 12:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
If you like pvp, priest is significantly better than pally. But if you like pvp, patch 5.3 pretty much made it not worth playing.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Also how is the mana game atm compared to the beginning of cata. I loved the challenge that it added in cata

Holy priest.
Reply Quote
Wait, classes other than priests can heal?

Seriously though, they're both fine. They can both PVE and PVE. You can't go wrong with either.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]