Open Libram LXXIX: The Divine Storm is Here!

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Greetings and welcome to the 79th installment of the Open Libram! The beautifully large and sexy alternative to Mangle/Sentry Totem and Tank Lounge!

In these threads, we talk about everything Paladin. Some cool. Some lame. Some information dangerous. Got that question that you're kind of afraid to make a new thread about, or just tired of getting trolled on Trade Chat? Ask it here for a more personal response.

So Blood Elves, get your hair ready, Draenei and Tauren clean off your hooves. Dwarves, the nearest alcohol is to your left for your enjoyment and Humans... well do whatever it is you do that keeps you alive. Or stuff.

Enjoy! Have fun everyone!

Previous Libram: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8796271403
Libram Archive: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4254457548

Paladin Social Networking:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/283670185033463/

My Little Ponydins by Lobster:
http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7448/ponydins1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/s8CSF.png

"Maid" by the Light: http://i.imgur.com/7zB4K.jpg
Cadenpony: http://i.imgur.com/bU0bh.png
"Bunny" Chaz by Lobster: http://i.imgur.com/IokKV.png

Vanilla Ret Pally "Melgibsmash":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6zGEBhJMHA

EDIT: Oh Light...! I HOPE someone's been updating the Archive in my absence... <_<
Edited by Arthinas on 5/21/2013 1:54 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
That's right, you were going into the armed forces. Oh Boot Camp must have been hell, I've heard stories from friends.

You gonna be back in WoW for a bit or just a quick visit?

Eh, it wasn't THAT bad (I say from this side of it. XD) Seriously, it wasn't exactly EASY, but I think people over estimate its difficulty. That or I AM just more sturdy and tougher mentally and physically than I tend to think. Which...I suppose is a possibility. Somehow I became a source of great morale for my company. I guess something about being "truly selfless" and "always seeing the bright side to things". I dunno, I just do what comes natural, but apparently I'm unnaturally upbeat and stuff. Which is apparently impressive to people to keep up consistently for 12 weeks including while having the flu for a couple days in quarantine. XD

Maybe I'm just that awesome? :D But you could seriously write a decent movie out of my experience. It was apparently...not normal, lol

05/21/2013 12:56 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
EDIT2: Also, Arth's back so he makes Libram - punishment for disappearing.

Bah! BAH, I say!

Name: Well, 5.3 is here (woot, faster leveling for this lazy/absent Paladin!), so for some reason my mind thought "The storm is here!" It's what Lightning from FF13 says when you finish up her Odin summon and she unleashes hell, and I just like the way it came out in that game (even if you don't like the game, it sounds nice and epic.)

And it seems fitting enough given that war is about to break out.

...after that, it was just the matter of adapting it to Paladin standards and voila! ^_^

EDIT: It also seems fitting in that half the country is getting hit by various storms. >_<

EDIT2: Oh, to answer the question about my stay - I should have net access for a while and so should be coming back to WoW. With periods of absence when I'm out on ships, of course.
Edited by Arthinas on 5/21/2013 1:57 PM PDT
100 Human Paladin
So for those of you able to play right now, noticeable increase in our damage/dps?
100 Draenei Paladin
Yay patch day!

And now to decide: upgrade Zerat and coin a better weapon, or upgrade stuff I'm unlikely to replace anytime soon and be stuck with Zerat until 5.4...

Speaking of which, I wonder if there's some point where the new 516 weapons are better than a 522 Zerat if x amount of hit rating is wasted.
Edited by Snozberries on 5/21/2013 1:58 PM PDT
100 Human Paladin
Considering its only 500 valor for double upgrades now, I'd upgrade the sword.
90 Dwarf Paladin
Saw a flat 20k increase in the non-crit HolyTV on a very brief dummy run. Didn't really look at any other damage before I had to cut and run.
100 Draenei Paladin
EDIT: Oh Light...! I HOPE someone's been updating the Archive in my absence... <_<

<_<
>_>

You see what happened was........

I keep meaning too........

No, no one has. :(

Maybe I'm just that awesome? :D

My aren't you the humble soul, but glad you made it through and it all went well.

...after that, it was just the matter of adapting it to Paladin standards and voila! ^_^

Tis a good title.

I look forward too many a Arty post in the future, very long and calm posts. :P

Now we just need Cely to come back and the old crew will be starting to reassemble.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Saw a couple 300k TV but I'm still top on dps meters. Stupid scenarios killing que times, two more secrets..
90 Dwarf Paladin
05/21/2013 01:56 PMPosted by Snozberries
And now to decide: upgrade Zerat and coin a better weapon, or upgrade stuff I'm unlikely to replace anytime soon and be stuck with Zerat until 5.4...

Upgrade the sword once for now; end of week, no new stick, finish it.

Speaking of which, I wonder if there's some point where the new 516 weapons are better than a 522 Zerat if x amount of hit rating is wasted.

...Doubtful. It would take a lot of secondary stats to beat the raw weapon damage and strength of a higher item level weapon.

Also, what 516 weapons? o_O
100 Human Paladin
Also, what 516 weapons? o_O

Heroic scenarios can give you 516 gear
90 Dwarf Paladin
I knew they could drop 516s, but weapons? How sodding lame. That's tantamount to forcing people to run those stupid things.
Edited by Grôgnárd on 5/21/2013 2:12 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Our boomkin just got a scepter of the fireflash, haste/crit and 8400sp and he actually asked if it was better than his 483.
90 Dwarf Paladin
Oh FFS. It is forced content. -_-
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Everything new really is, depending where you're at in gear.

Honestly they're an incredible source of valor anyway.
90 Dwarf Paladin
I just about VP cap in a week already running all the LFRs - Ret in ToT, Holy in T14. Come even closer if I have to rerun a quarter to spend more coins. Last week I got 900 VP just from LFR.

EDIT: The 516 potential bags are just once per day, right?
Edited by Grôgnárd on 5/21/2013 2:23 PM PDT
100 Draenei Paladin
So, back to Ret and stat priorities .. HEPL!

I still have ~12 hours until raid (and am at work right now) so plenty of time to sort it out when I get home, but .. crit > mastery?

*goes to try and find stat priority stuff*
90 Blood Elf Paladin
<_<
>_>

You see what happened was........

I keep meaning too........

No, no one has. :(

By the Light... !

My aren't you the humble soul, but glad you made it through and it all went well.

I actually, apparently, am. That was humor, not bragging. :p No, it's just weird to me how people act like some regiment and PT (and RPT as "punishment") is this horrible thing. The regimen isn't bad, though the lack of sleep does get old. The PT is actually fun a lot of times, got some good ideas for future workouts and got in pretty good shape, I think (and I wasn't in super amazing perfect shape before - scrawny =/= athletic, necessarily, lol)

But yeah, I actually enjoyed most of it.

...which is probably proof in the abnormal field, but whatever. :D Things are never quite as bad as people make them out to be. It's just a matter of reminding yourself of that. If you remember everything has a finite duration and just push through it, it really isn't that terrible. Or wasn't for me.

Anyways, people wanna talk Paladins, not boot camp/OCS. :)

So...let's see, I need to get 4 levels on Arth, 3 on Ollahn...Oooh! I read something about being able to reforge any 2h to any other 2h. Is that true? Can I make my 2h sword into my Ransuar on Arth? Will Ollahn always be able to wield Verigan's Fist? Please say yes. ^_^

EDIT: Oh yeah, and what should I hit at 90 to start getting gear? Blacksmiths? :D
Edited by Arthinas on 5/21/2013 2:25 PM PDT
90 Dwarf Paladin
Lemme see if SimCraft is up to date on my laptop. >_>
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I just about VP cap in a week already running all the LFRs - Ret in ToT, Holy in T14. Come even closer if I have to rerun a quarter to spend more coins. Last week I got 900 VP just from LFR.

EDIT: The 516 potential bags are just once per day, right?

If you're just doing it to spend coins, you can apparently buy a Sunreaver cache with them now. The bag should be once per day, the horrible bags from normal scenarios were once a day anyway.

So, back to Ret and stat priorities .. HEPL!

I still have ~12 hours until raid (and am at work right now) so plenty of time to sort it out when I get home, but .. crit > mastery?

*goes to try and find stat priority stuff*

Crit sims slightly higher in some gear sets, but in practice it's not actually better.

Your Simcraft isn't up to date because Simcraft isn't up to date. It hasn't been updated in a while.
Edited by Cayse on 5/21/2013 2:26 PM PDT
90 Dwarf Paladin
Can I make my 2h sword into my Ransuar on Arth? Will Ollahn always be able to wield Verigan's Fist? Please say yes. ^_^

Swords and axes and maces can all share skins, but not polearms.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]