Tired, So Very Very Tired...

90 Pandaren Warrior
Blizzard, I pay you 14.99 a month to play this game, I pay you 30 dollars to faction change and 25 to server change, on the first of June my guild is going to a different server, I am going to shell out 125 dollars to move those toons. This is happening and will happen, I don't like leveling so before the trolls kick in say (REROLL) This isn't what this thread is about

What I am tired of is your inability to fix the world lag issues, for three weeks you have know about this issue that is affecting thousands of your paying costumers. THOUSANDS.
I am not the only costumer that problem has affected, and your lack of communication or even a single hit of. OH hay guys! something is broke! but were working on it. Is mind boggling.

Reboot your modem, post your pingpaths. ect ect... basic things that do not help.

Please for the love of god! Address this.

Like i have stated before, I play this game and have been playing for a long time, I play from two different service providers. (Work and Home)

but the constant world PING of 3000+ is not going to cut it anymore.
The fourty two deaths I have recieved in various LFR/LFD and dailies because I CANT EVEN MOVE need to stop!

PLEASE this issue is something that will kill World of Warcraft if YOU can't get it undercontrol!
Edited by Tiranyn on 5/22/2013 4:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Except that the problem is on YOUR end. Many players have had no problem and are playing just fine. The sooner you learn this, the sooner you will learn how you embarass yourself with this righteous indignation.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Rrayy is correct, there are many players without issues. My home/world lag is still typically 27ms/34ms, but sometimes gets LOWER. lol.

The issue of *some* players having lag spikes, even often, is not uncommon. It has happened quite a few times before over the past 7+ years.

Although not *all* of the issues are the exact same root cause, several come down to problems of the internet along the path to Blizzard servers. That doesn't mean YOUR isp is the problem, nor blizzard. Here is the basic way data packets get to/from your wow client:

your computer <---> your home network <---> your isp <---> big isp "core" providers <---> blizzar's isp <----> blizzar's network <---> blizzards servers

The problem *often* is with the big ISP core provider. The providers are referred to as core or long haul internet providers/backbones. They run the segments at send/receive traffic from isps in an area of the country[world] and move that traffic to other areas of the country [world]. They don't just provide this service to blizzard, they do it for everyone [there only a small number of these long haul carriers]. If there is an issue in the hops of those core providers, it can take alot of pressure and time to get it fixed.

There is a rather infamous case of a certain core carrier/provider that took MONTHS to fix their routing lag problems, and that was with pressure not only from Blizzard but also other large companies. People on the east coast of north america suffered for months with lag problems that blizzard could do nothing about directly, only yell and scream at the core carrier- along with many other companies.

If you read certain other threads in the tech forum, that have been made sticky in the past, you'll find that even recently there are known issues with certain core carriers.

Yes, in your case it might be something else. However, generally, if its thousands of customers and its taking weeks, it's a fair clue that it *might* be a case of a long haul provider/carrier screwing up.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Except that the problem is on YOUR end. Many players have had no problem and are playing just fine. The sooner you learn this, the sooner you will learn how you embarass yourself with this righteous indignation.

How is it my problem?

I can play on two different connections through two different service providers, and they both have outrageous WORLD ping, and clearly you haven't been reading the tech support forums for the last three weeks. I am NOT the only one with this issue. Please learn to read before you jump in defense of blizzard.
Edited by Tiranyn on 5/22/2013 4:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
30 Undead Priest
I have many complaints about Blizzard right now.. but latency.. has not been an issue and is not for anyone that I know.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Maybe your router is screwy? There are enough people that aren't having problems that it doesn't make sense to spend resources trying to locate and fix a problem that might not even be on Blizzard's side.

Stop acting like your money is any more valuable than anyone else's money.
Edited by Cougar on 5/22/2013 5:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I like how four people have replied to this telling me this is my own problem yet no one has given me one solution to resolve the situation. Classic!

and the router is fine, its the same router i have had for the last eight months, works great.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
its not just your problem your post sounds like my posts and hundreds of other people so maybe its certain parts of the country but I know I have played for 7 years and only the last week and a half have had home up to 500 and world 2000. My gaming computer cost 3600 dollars and my internet provider says it is not them, I am fast when not on game play rift and skyrim with no problems at all so hang in there and pay no attention to others who may sit in areas of the country and have no problems
Reply Quote
20 Human Paladin
guys i have a different issue.when i try to log in it says " you have been disconnected from the server" and i havent played since 29th april 2013.i am trying everyday and also reinstalled the game .can anybody help?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Im not sure its the same problem as me and many others are having right now. we entered an instance and got dc'd. Every time we log in, it dc's instantly. Ive submitted a stuck ticket to blizz, but ive been "stuck" not being able to log into that toon for almost 3 hours now. You may wanna check out the thread called "perma-dc loop when entering instances" - or Stuck in blackrock depths" - or any of the most recent dc threads. In my ticket, i mentioned several new threads with people having the same issue of not being able to log in without being immediately dc'd, so i hope the take a gander at those threads while they are at it.
Reply Quote
20 Human Paladin
do u get the message "you have been disconnected from the server"?
Reply Quote
To OP,
Are you doing your research before you pick a server to play on?
What i mean is that all the data centers for these servers are not in one place and it's
possible that you picked a faraway server. Thus the Lag.

http://www.wowwiki.com/US_realm_list_by_datacenter

Try and pick the closest Data center/server to your location it might help.
Also might be a good idea to run a trace root or ping test on the ip address of the server you choose, to make sure it has an acceptable ping
Edited by Bigvizz on 5/23/2013 7:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Are you doing your research before you pick a server to play on?

As Bigvizz stated, did you check the location of that server? I know plenty of people from Australia who play in North American servers, and complain about lag. But that is not Blizzards problem if this is the case.

Also, check your firewall to see if it is restricting anything related to WoW, which could also cause issues with latency. If both your Work and Home PC use the same firewall, there is a good chance that your firewall is contributing to the problem.
Reply Quote
92 Draenei Shaman
Blizzard, I pay you 14.99 a month to play this game, I pay you 30 dollars to faction change and 25 to server change, on the first of June my guild is going to a different server, I am going to shell out 125 dollars to move those toons. This is happening and will happen, I don't like leveling so before the trolls kick in say (REROLL) This isn't what this thread is about

I totally sympathize with your frustration, as I'm actually pretty frustrated right now (and on a regular basis, when it comes to Blizzard), but if you've played for any amount of time, you should really be a bit used to it by now.

Also: I'm not saying that they're ravenously working on it right now, because I have no way of knowing that, but there's also no way of knowing that they're not working on a fix. Working on a team project, especially as gigantic as WoW, takes a lot of time to improve and fix. It's not always as simple as pulling a level and magically fixing everything. If anything, the biggest thing that Blizzard representatives need to learn to do a better job at is keeping us updated constantly, even if it's just the same old message. I'd at least love to know that they haven't forgotten.

That's not a fair assessment at all. Just because there are people who aren't experiencing it, that doesn't mean there isn't an issue on Blizzard's end. That's as ridiculous as telling people that their internet problems are on THEIR end if their ISPs' servers go down only in their region.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
99 Human Mage

What I am tired of is your inability to fix the world lag issues, for three weeks you have know about this issue that is affecting thousands of your paying costumers. THOUSANDS.
I am not the only costumer that problem has affected, and your lack of communication or even a single hit of. OH hay guys! something is broke! but were working on it. Is mind boggling.

Reboot your modem, post your pingpaths. ect ect... basic things that do not help.

Please for the love of god! Address this.

Like i have stated before, I play this game and have been playing for a long time, I play from two different service providers. (Work and Home)

but the constant world PING of 3000+ is not going to cut it anymore.
The fourty two deaths I have recieved in various LFR/LFD and dailies because I CANT EVEN MOVE need to stop!

PLEASE this issue is something that will kill World of Warcraft if YOU can't get it undercontrol!

Can you post a trace route and a path ping please

Running a Trace Route. replace the "X" wit you server IP

server ips
http://www.wowpedia.org/US_realm_list_by_datacenter

Windows
1.Press Windows Key + R.
2.Type CMD and press Enter.
3.Type tracert xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx > desktop\tracert.txt and press Enter. Fill in the appropriate server address.
4.Allow several minutes for the trace route to complete.
5.A file will be created on your desktop called tracert.txt that contains your trace route information.
6.Type exit and press Enter to close the command window.

Windows
1.Press Windows Key + R.
2.Type CMD and press Enter.
3.Type pathping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx > desktop\pathping.txt and press Enter. Replace the x's with the appropriate server address.
4.Allow several minutes for the pathping to complete.
5.A file will be created on your desktop called pathping.txt that contains your pathping information.
6.Type exit and press Enter to close the command window
Edited by Northernlite on 5/23/2013 6:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
any reason it doesn't create the text file after i do the ping path and tracert?

OS is windows7
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
well the problem if your in the south east area of us Oklahoma and the tornadoes down there affected alot of big core internet nods so that why your having issue if your in that zone
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I live no where near Oklahoma

My computer lives in California, Sacramento to be exact
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]