Mastery over haste?

100 Blood Elf Paladin
I must be REALLY stuck in my old ways. I know mastery gives the absorb shield, but I have still preferred my haste over it. Though, since the nerf to T14 I have had to change to my new tier and have been reading to see how other paladin's are working with the change. Just curious, does focusing on mastery make a difference?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Most paladins are stacking mastery* and have been for this entire expansion. Illuminated healing, even with 5.3's nerf, should still be your top heal. It's extremely powerful. Damage mitigation is usually better than letting damage happen and then healing it up.

* Some super paladins run with different builds but usually that's because they run with specific comps or they are simply awesome. Bread and butter pallies stack mastery.
Reply Quote
80 Human Warlock
I see a lot of them are switching to crit over mastery not haste.

I will agree that Illuminated healing is still topping their healing.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I see a lot of them are switching to crit over mastery not haste.

Yeh I meant to add that the priority in 5.3 isn't certain yet. I still think mastery will be strong but I'm also waiting so see what those pallies switching to crit are going to say about how they've found it. Either way, haste is not doing that much for pallies and the OP should play around with mastery or crit.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
All you get out of stacking haste is going oom. You get a lot more healing per mana from mastery.

I remember going haste in cata. But the reason why we all went haste in cata was cos illuminated healing was not triggered by dawn nor radiance. But then dawn was also a derpy cone heal and radiance had a hot attached to it lol come to think of it, didn't illuminated healing use to last like 5 sec instead of the 15 sec we have now?

..lots have changed so your priorities will have to too.
Reply Quote
36 Human Warlock
All you get out of stacking haste is going oom. You get a lot more healing per mana from mastery.

I remember going haste in cata. But the reason why we all went haste in cata was cos illuminated healing was not triggered by dawn nor radiance. But then dawn was also a derpy cone heal and radiance had a hot attached to it lol come to think of it, didn't illuminated healing use to last like 5 sec instead of the 15 sec we have now?

..lots have changed so your priorities will have to too.

Mastery didn't stack when reapplied, it just refreshed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I went hast to 3500 haste last night and it felt pretty good. Gets DL/HL cast time to 2 sec with 5% haste buff. Will mix crit and mastery leaning heavier towards mastery personally.
Edited by Taelaus on 5/23/2013 4:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I got up to the 25% haste breakpoint then stopped (Eternal Flame). Mainly I got to that haste breakpoint due to drop RNG.

Crit provides the largest amount of raw healing (Beacon/Light's Hammer both scale with it)
Mastery provides the largest amount of effective healing (absorbs are fully effective even when there is mid-high overhealing)

Really people should aim to get a balance of the 2 stats, unless they only do easy content in which case mastery mastery mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm starting to think crit and haste are play styles you choose With mastery something you bring up to get your healing to lvl your comp/you are comfortable with.

As ilvls go out haste might become very powerful again. Since well be able to get 10K plus spirit just naturally even forging out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]