Any leveling guides?

90 Undead Monk
Hows it going, I don't see any shadow leveling guides here. Can anyone recommend one, or maybe recommend talents/glyphs? Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It's actually 'better' to level Disc until 70ish. As far as talents/glyphs there are no necessary ones for leveling. Especially when leveling with heirlooms and everything will die since you'll probably be mutli-dotting to all hell and letting them die slowly.

But seriously, level as disc til 70, then swap to shadow. Take Insanity and Twist of Fate and you should be good.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Thanks is there a good rotation for disc, seems like most of the abilities are on a high CD. Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I recently leveled this priest as mostly disc. If you like PvP, I would suggest doing some battlegrounds on your way to 70. This way you will be able to buy Brutal Gladiator's armor which will last you until 80.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Thanks but I have heirlooms.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I recently leveled this priest as mostly disc. If you like PvP, I would suggest doing some battlegrounds on your way to 70. This way you will be able to buy Brutal Gladiator's armor which will last you until 80.

actually he has a point recently lvled a rogue and (idk about outside of bgs but..) had brutal gear till 78 and was soloing a lot of players in bgs
Edited by Alayda on 5/23/2013 4:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
When does shadow spec get better than disc?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
While I was leveling I actually stopped with disc once I hit 56 then I switched to holy. Chakra:Chastise is just insane for damage output between 56 and 80. Once I hit 80 I swapped over to shadow as my main dps spec because that seems to be when shadow really starts to show its true potential. 80 was the point that i noticed mobs were dying much faster when using shadow over holy because of the bonus from mastery.

That damage boost that you get from the red chakra is just too good to pass up though and it really puts disc to shame purely in terms of damage, imho. The only reason why i would suggest sticking with disc is for the passive you get from atonement at lvl 38. It's great for healing in dungeons while dpsing, but it's still a hybrid approach.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Best advice I can give for quickest leveling is to quest and specifically choose the instances to run. Only run instances if they have quests available otherwise the exp/hr is pretty bad and 1 repeat dungeon would cost all the extra exp you get from randoms. If you quest and are familiar with the quests than 85->90 takes about 3 hours per level non rested on average.

Monkey runs seem popular but I dont know how good they are in terms of leveling. If you like grinding the yetis in kun lau (probably misspelt) is decent but questing is always optimal at higher levels
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]