Battle Fatigue is way out of hand

80 Human Warlock
This has gone way too far. Now that battle fatigue is up to 45% it is literally impossible for me to keep me and my allies up. My healing is useless now! Since smart people obviously target healers, I can't even keep myself up for more than 30 seconds with 2-3 people on me without stuns. Prot warriors shield bash has too quick of a cooldown for mean to regain a half of my health lol. People are now blaming me that I am a terrible healer because I can't keep them up but it too hard to heal a tank while people are on him. Especially at higher levels where it takes 3-4 casts to get to full health, now it takes so much more. This is insane and needs to be switched back. I feel like bliz just took a giant dump on all healers. R.I.P Resto Druids
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
You really shouldn't be able to hold out against 3 people without help.
Reply Quote
12 Blood Elf Priest
You really shouldn't be able to hold out against 3 people without help.
I might of over exaggerated.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Prot warriors? Typhoon, Entangling Roots, Ursol's Vortex (great for the double charges!), Nature's Grasp, Displacer Beast, Kitty/Dash, etc. Also, with the changes made to 'shrooms, use them in any BG with a fixed base to protect, or always in arenas. They really are that good now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Are you talking about low level BGs or 90 BGs? I honestly don't see any difference this patch at lvl 90. /shrug

Shieldbash has me thinking you are speaking in terms of low level because no self respecting PvP'er is going to complain about it or prot warriors at lvl 90.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I had trouble surviving a single warrior when 5.0 hit for 30 seconds without getting a peel.

You should be glad you survived more than 15 seconds with 2 un-CC'ed dpsers on you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Bro I feel the same way, on my mw with decent gear (almost full tyrannical) . Went into a bg after updating the new patch, thinking to my self ( should be good got nimble brew ) extra trinket. WSG, go to heal some mates, this rouge pops on me, CC him once; stuns me gets me to half. Spam healing spheres to try to get to full, can't got to 3/4 when his next stun. Pop dampen harm, then a frost dk sees me, joins in with the rouge, asphyxiates me, I use my brew. Bam 3 shotted :(

Played with my gems, reforging. To no avail :(

So until they fix it, healers will feels dk %!!@@@*@ them :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yea, I think I'm done. I'm just getting 3 shot right now.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

In what? Random bgs? It's expected because your teammates don't always know how to protect a healer :/

If I do random bgs without friends, I HOPE that people around me will try to assist in keeping me alive.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
Keep in mind that the Battle Fatigue was NOT the only nerf that healers received.

Ilevel squish - any items you had over 496 are now scaled down to 496. Items you have that are below 496 stay there though, so if you have any items below 496, you actually end up with an average below 496. Coming from ~505+ that can be a loss of a lot of stats.

One of those stats is haste. Many healers maintain a certain haste breakpoint then focus on mastery after that point. With the gear scaling in PvP, you can expect that you will have to re-work your gear if you want to be able to maintain your breakpoints.

So in short, healers have received three nerfs in PvP:

15% increase in battle fatigue (30% -> 45%)
All individual gear scaled down to 496 in PvP (even if it puts your average way below 496)
Haste Breakpoints messed up due to gear scaling.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
If you just pop every cooldown and maybe outplay some people you can maybe live against 3 people for like 30 seconds to a minute... TOPS. Otherwise, get peels.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
My issues with the battle fatigue changes seem to be different than most healers' reason for being unhappy.

Sure the nerf to our healing sucks.

But what bugs me beyond belief is that this is the most creative solution a gaming company can come up with to deal with "overpowered healing."

I mean surely there is some way out there to reduce all of our healing in pvp by the same amount that actually includes an interesting and fun game mechanic (I say fun because it is a video game after all).

In other words- it deeply bothers me that the whole concept of a flat debuff was implemented in the first place and is now being raised. Again don't mistake me- I'm not saying the reduction to our healing bothers me- I'm saying that I'm bothered that this is the most creative solution their team can come up with.

As soon as I start to try and think of ways they could do what I'm saying (nerf our healing through mechanic changes rather than a flat static nerf), I get mad because I'm paying a monthly fee to a gaming company - isn't it their job to come up with ideas to make a game more interesting and dynamic? Perhaps a debug our enemies have to keep up, or a buff that we have to keep up on ourselves. I don't know.

The introduction and subsequent increase to battle fatigue is worrisome and I hope wow and/or future mmos steer clear of this in favor of more interactive game mechanics that accomplish the same thing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
battle fatigue is fine.

imo they should increase battle fatigue even more, and nerf burst dmg even more.

What is really annoying is the huge amount of CCs with their own dismishing returns.
When every class can do mutiples kind of CC, with short cds, and some ccs last up to 8 seconds.

When CC is gonne (fixed). When the humungous burst dmg is gonne (fixed), and when healers can make a fight last 1 hour, then pvp will be fine.
Edited by Ikai on 5/24/2013 9:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/23/2013 03:14 PMPosted by Veroicone

In what? Random bgs? It's expected because your teammates don't always know how to protect a healer :/

If I do random bgs without friends, I HOPE that people around me will try to assist in keeping me alive.

Rateds. I'm seriously dropping in a quick switch within 2 seconds. I'm really frustrated. It used to be that I could just los people and never die. Now it seems I can't stand up anywhere. I seriously have no clue what's going on.

For example, I duel my full tyrannical unholy dk husband all the time. He could never kill me. Now I'm dropping pretty much immediately. We are still the same players. I'm not having this problem on my alt either, so I'm completely confused and frustrated.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
^ idk, maybe play around with your stats more? I've been messing with regemming and stuff and now I don't have too much of a problem staying alive and healing through damage depending on what's going on.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
05/21/2013 10:39 PMPosted by Soulturtle
Prot warriors shield bash has too quick of a cooldown

:|
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The whole battle fatigue going up wouldnt be a problem if damage was scaled downed some more. Atm damage hasnt changed much at all from last patch and healing has gone down a lot, its damn near impossible to heal some situations without chaining cool downs. Even if one plays well the amount of damage being pumped out just out weighs any kind of healing unless your popping cds to counter the damage. Like 50-60k flash of lights isnt gonna save anyone gettin hit by 120-150k chaos bolts/shatters/etc, and yes that kind of damage still happens.

Before I could easily survive against players that couldnt interrupt me while i was juking or the ones that couldnt cc me, now they just mongoloid damage me, mess up every interrupt and no matter what I eventually go down lol. They dont even have to play well, just pump out damage and heals will eventually buckle.
Edited by Nhikue on 5/26/2013 1:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
On my ret pally i can solo most healers with one stun. Damage on cds is too high and it should be nerfed to match the stupid healing nerf.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
On my ret pally i can solo most healers with one stun. Damage on cds is too high and it should be nerfed to match the stupid healing nerf.

Surviving burst is easy when shields crit for 300k bubbles. Add in pain sup for the follow up burst lol
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
What makes this issue difficult to hash out is that there were several changes to damage, damage reductions, and healing.

PvP power nerf - Where I was 50%+ last patch, I am now sitting at around 35%.

Resil gem nerf - I used to roll with ~68% resilience IIRC, now I only have the 200 resil chest enchant.
DPS roles now gem offensive stats, which helps to offset the PvP power nerf.

Battle fatigue buff reduces healing.

PvP power now contributes more to healing.

Note: I was sidetracked while writing this post, there may very well be more changes that I am missing.

The point is, there were a lot of different changes made to PvP healing and how much damage people are receiving, even if they weren't explicitly stated in patch notes (i.e. DPS now gemming offensive stats).

Many of these changes are also percentage based, and it gets a bit crazy when I think about it, especially healing on my shaman. The amount of percentage modifiers to healing that a shaman goes through, especially in PvP, is absolutely mind boggling to me.

I guess TL;DR: there is so much going on, especially after factoring in the changes working synergistically, that it's really difficult to say what changed what and how it's seriously affecting these things.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]