Atonement healing nerf

90 Goblin Priest
How does everyone feel about this? a 10% drop in atonement healing... Outrageous
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Add that to the fact that smite won't heal for as much ... and that penance does less damage. I've lived through worse nerfs I guess but I can't say it makes me happy.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I mean we'll eventually get over it and move on but... This is probably the first nerf I've experienced that affects my whole healing style.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm fine with the nerf, but it's not 10%.

It's 10% to atonement overall.
Glyph of Smite is rendered irrelevant (no more healing component), so that's roughly another ~10% give or take.
Offensive penance will deal 10% less damage, which also means it's overall a ~20% offensive penance healing loss (10% from overall atonement nerf and ~10% from dmg nerf). Defensive penance is getting buffed, and combined with the grace stacks it may end up being preferable in more situations.

Overall the playstyle will see a slight shift towards more PWS/POH, but it's not a big deal.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Every patch we are getting nerfs now, I wont be suprised if i log on one day and see patch notes: "We have erased the priest class as we felt they were too powerful in all pvp and pve situations"
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Just makes atonement even more worthless imo. From a PvP standpoint at least.. But I could heal entire instances by just Holy Fire/Smite/Penance spam and PW:S mostly lol. It was a joke in 5 man instances but meh. I guess we just have to wait and see how bad it is.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I'm fine with the nerf, but it's not 10%.

It's 10% to atonement overall.
Glyph of Smite is rendered irrelevant (no more healing component), so that's roughly another ~10% give or take.
Offensive penance will deal 10% less damage, which also means it's overall a ~20% offensive penance healing loss (10% from overall atonement nerf and ~10% from dmg nerf). Defensive penance is getting buffed, and combined with the grace stacks it may end up being preferable in more situations.

Overall the playstyle will see a slight shift towards more PWS/POH, but it's not a big deal.

That clears things up, thanks!

Just makes atonement even more worthless imo. From a PvP standpoint at least.. But I could heal entire instances by just Holy Fire/Smite/Penance spam and PW:S mostly lol. It was a joke in 5 man instances but meh. I guess we just have to wait and see how bad it is.

Since it was a joke pre patch maybe it'll require thinking power post patch lol
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Already swapped over to as much mastery as possible in preparation for bubble spammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Since smart heals target players>pets now, I feel like it's a buff. Call me strange >.>
Edited by Vishtara on 5/21/2013 8:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
Except for damage modifier fights, I'll spend more boss fights in Holy I guess.

I'll admit it was getting to be pretty powerful and lazy. The smite glyph change doesn't make me happy, and I feel like 90% is an arbitrary and odd number. I would have really just preferred a damage nerf or a harsher cap.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Already swapped over to as much mastery as possible in preparation for bubble spammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm deeply considering this. Think it's worth it? Or in 10 man will being a dirty little PoH's blanket-er do well to spread DA around? Especially if say, one is not going to see their meta any time soon?

I suppose mastery is more guaranteed.
Edited by Naérdriel on 5/21/2013 8:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
At this point especially in 10 man you can stack any stat and have about the same outcome, youll just need to adjust your playstyle. crit/mastery will be PWS best stats and haste/crit for poh spam. I personally got the haste point for poh/ss and then im balancing crit/mastery with slight pref for mastery. spirit im not even bothering with trying to stay around 9k.

This is an atonement nerf but it shouldnt really nerf your healing. A good disc priest that was around and knew the spec before the godmode version in MoP will do just fine reverting to how we used to play in cata.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Well, tbh, I've been a bubble spammer always, usually atonement = Pw: Shield depending on the fight. They flip flop. With DA solidly in 3rd. So I imagine I would feel the impact as strongly as some.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Damn it, Kerias! I have to be the token disc now?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Damn it, Kerias! I have to be the token disc now?

/discfist
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Atonement isn't the reason most disc priests play disc, so I think its just going to be one of those things that people just won't notice in a few weeks. However, with the buff to Divine Hymn I think a few priests just might delve a little more into holy. (which is super cool)
Edited by Zolvolt on 5/21/2013 9:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest
No body pays the borrowed time nerf any attention, all they talk about is the minor atonement nerf, but I think it's going to hurt more. On Heroic Animus I had 70% borrowed time uptime, that's 15% haste with a 70% uptime, quite good for spamming instant spells. 5.3 it will be no where near as useful.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Yeah, if they could make it so mass dispell doesn't dispell pets, that'd be great for msv shenanigans. Just saying. >.>
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest

Yes, let's go from overusing one spell to overusing another! Sounds perfect!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
No body pays the borrowed time nerf any attention, all they talk about is the minor atonement nerf, but I think it's going to hurt more. On Heroic Animus I had 70% borrowed time uptime, that's 15% haste with a 70% uptime, quite good for spamming instant spells. 5.3 it will be no where near as useful.

This is exactly the thing. BT has pretty much defined Discipline for me ever since it was added and establishes the rhythm of the spec. The BT nerf changes the way the spec actually plays and the order you want to use spells. The Atonement thing just adjusts the numbers and I really couldn't care less about it.

GC's reply about Borrowed Time was pretty stupid, too. "Not really a nerf. Before it just affected instants and most players didn't know about it." or something close to that. Sure, buddy, in five years we never noticed that Penance+instant casts didn't consume it. We're also incapable of realizing that a 15% longer GCD on 2-3 spells is a nerf.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]