Some sounds broken after 5.3 patching

100 Worgen Death Knight
Title says it all, some sounds break or only work for a short bit before going silent after 5.3 patch today, prior to this they worked fine.

Not entirely sure its a driver issue as literally before patch every sound worked.

Sounds include: Weapon sheath / unsheath, attacks, moving items around your bag, vendoring items, etc.

Hope this is fixed, for me driver updating is not an issue as I am on an Alienware laptop and sadly Dell does not ever update their drivers for anything. Don't see how this could happen anyways as we didn't get some sound overhaul patch and my sound settings have not changed in a long time.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm having the same issue... sounds of looting coins are gone, some mob aggro sounds, ( Corehounds in MC ) Worked last night, aren't working now. Only thing different is the patch.
Reply Quote
I am having this exact same issue. Currently for me, sounds that don't work include:

- Pet battle music
- Looting sounds (gold as well as other items)

I will post more if I find them. Chances are this is likely an AddOn issue and I will have it looked into.
Reply Quote
Going into another pet battle and the sound seemed to be working at first, but then began cutting in and out like a skipping CD. The looting sounds seem to be working for the time being as well, making the source of this problem very difficult to pinpoint due to its inconsistent nature.

Any blues with knowledge on this?
Edited by Rhowynn on 5/21/2013 8:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Just noticed this as well in Heart of Fear, my ambient sounds are randomly going silent and turning back on. Completely missing all inventory sounds like mail/plate/cloth/leather being selected and placed in my bags.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Here I thought my sound card was on its way out... During the battle event in Durotar, music and important npc speeches kept cutting out for me. Other sounds, like the footsteps of my mount, were fine. I could also hear the "battle" sounds coming through clearly - weapon hits, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Oh, also, you can hear when a party member clicks the release spirit thing.
Reply Quote
58 Troll Death Knight
Same here.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
During the battle event in Durotar, music and important npc speeches kept cutting out for me

Same here. NPC dialogue keeps cutting out after a few words. I've seen it in Durotar, as well as with Lorewalker Cho and the new quest where you follow the old man up the mountain.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
same issue hear. i sometimes get cut outs on quest complete sounds, money when i vendor stuff repair hammer sounds. and all around ambient sometimes.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Same problem here to. I've found that my sound cuts out for a few things like:
-Weapon Sheath/Unsheath
-Enemy sound effects (Like when a Sha roars at you)
-Voice audio cutting out
-Quest accept/complete sound effects

Seems like this could be easily fixed, and there's too many people with the same problem for it to be something wrong with my system. Blues?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
have the same problem. noticed it with DBM mods not playing their warning sounds and not hearing NPC sounds (core hound roars in MC and the boss dialogue)
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Priest
There are other threads regarding this issue, but it seems we're sticking to this one:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8874717611

Page 2 I post that my contact is looking into it, as well as further down, I posted a link to Bashiok tweeting it's a known issue & being looked at.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This morning I was playing on my priest doing the "defense at Niazo temple" dailies for AC. I noticed my sounds cutting in and out. Sounds ending early. These are Blizzard's in game sounds breaking up, not from some add-on. I also had problems with DBM sound alerts last night intermittently working. Sometimes they would, sometimes they wouldn't.
Reply Quote
92 Night Elf Warrior
You can fix the no sound issues by going into the system settings and going to sound. And either turn off the use hardware check box or toggleing it on and off.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
@ Titannz, im going to have to look into that.

But i have noticed this too.
Boss voiced scripts are playing a few lines. then none. then some more.
random moments of ambient noise or sounds not playing.

also Deadly boss mod isnt playing countdowns, or other sound warnings.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]