So t2/elite gear = 25000 cap only? what?

90 Undead Mage
As I was signing out last night someone mentioned that the t2 or elite look had no relationship to rating? I thought it was only going to be the weapon, but I guess with the ilvl changes that wouldn't make sense. But you basically just cap out your conquest for the season and you get the t2 look? Whats the point?

Really confused why every pvp incentive is being removed or rendered pointless. 2.2k in 2s is impossible, warlord and high warlord achievements are pointless with all the win traders and cheaters from this and last season, t2 means nothing now. So all there is now is the 2500 tabard which every win trader now has? The first page of the rbg ladders is all 3k+ players... thats my competition? i'm supposed to not cheat to earn the same vanity gear as the cheaters?

Wrath had such a better system. Even if the difference was 5-6 ilvl, something, anything to earn would be nice. Getting shoulders at 2k was nice carrot to work for a lot of players. Just really don't get this decisions. Rating doesn't mean anything. Gear doesn't mean anything. bla.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Yeah elite gear should be 512 out of arena. No reason not to. You can get the weapon enchants at 2.2k also. And meta gem once the new vendors come back up. It's extremely good despite what some people say.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Yeah elite gear should be 512 out of arena. No reason not to. You can get the weapon enchants at 2.2k also. And meta gem once the new vendors come back up. It's extremely good despite what some people say.

if it scaled outside... that would be awesome for world pvp, and would atleast give some, albeit, small incentive. I just don't understand why any player should get the vanity look. The same is not true of pve, why then for pvp? Heroic gear takes just that much more time and skill, 2200+ elite gear should as well.

Or am I missing something? Will there be a skin for 2200+ elite gear? I realize its small, it may even be a tad silly, but it was nice to have something identify your effort. In wrath, the t2 was like a calling card. Seeing somone with atleast the shoulders meant a little. Again, maybe not much, but the first time i got the 2k wrathful shoulders on my pali i was pretty stoked. Really miss that kind of gearing system.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Or am I missing something? Will there be a skin for 2200+ elite gear? I realize its small, it may even be a tad silly, but it was nice to have something identify your effort. In wrath, the t2 was like a calling card. Seeing somone with atleast the shoulders meant a little. Again, maybe not much, but the first time i got the 2k wrathful shoulders on my pali i was pretty stoked. Really miss that kind of gearing system.

Are you talking about future patches? Currently elite gear has a different look, but there's no other benefit. For example I got head/shoulders cause I had to regem them anyway. The 2.2k weap enchant is red but probably is only visible on melee. But yeah basically anyone can get them now if they've been 1700 and capped weekly, assuming the vendors are fixed. I would definitely prefer rewards with utility based on rating like you described.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Yea i'm just honestly confused what the point of elite gear is at all. why should somone who simply caps out every week and essentially does the base minimum have the same look as the hard core player? elite gear should be just that... elite. elite players should get it. pve is just that. heroic gear? have to work for it. elite gear? should have to work for it. capping 2s every week is not working for it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Don't worry, elite gear tied to rating is coming back next season. They've done experiments this season with gearing tiers and understood that they did a mistake.

They just know they can't go back midseason about it though, so that's why you gotta wait until next season. Instead, they gave us a cape and tabard this patch so we at least have something to get for rating, which requires 2.5k rating (yup, more than elite gear used to require)

So don't worry, you have something to work for, and next season you'll have something to work for with the elite gear.

Everything will be fine.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
yerp... every 1 in the game is going to be wearing "elite" gear
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Don't worry, elite gear tied to rating is coming back next season. They've done experiments this season with gearing tiers and understood that they did a mistake.

They just know they can't go back midseason about it though, so that's why you gotta wait until next season. Instead, they gave us a cape and tabard this patch so we at least have something to get for rating, which requires 2.5k rating (yup, more than elite gear used to require)

So don't worry, you have something to work for, and next season you'll have something to work for with the elite gear.

Everything will be fine.

But there is nothing to suggest that. Its great blizzard is working on this and all, but being the gyney pig community that we are, somethings should simply not be touched. I understand that they want to remove some of the reasons that make people cheat, or buy carries, etc. but the fact is those things are what needs to be fixed, and not the gear. I'll accept carries and pilots happen, but the blatant amount of cheating going on is dizzying and its even more disheartening that I have to go 10 pages back on the ladder just to find a legit player.

Hopefully we will see a return of elite gear as it has been. Even elite gear per bracket would be fine as it was in wrather. 1800 for elite chest 2k for shoulders... 2.2 or 2350 for tabard. w/e something to work for. Would also be nice if they gave acheivements based on seasons, rather then simply, CONGRATS YOU HIT 2.2K... once back in wrath. bla bla bla. You got high warlord season 13? haha, gtfo.

:(!
Edited by Addroit on 5/22/2013 3:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
05/22/2013 02:40 PMPosted by Bigsmashy
Don't worry, elite gear tied to rating is coming back next season.

As I understand it, this is indeed the current plan.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
A blue post in the arena forums. saywhat
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

I hope not. I was actually coming back to WoW after being gone for many months because they finally got rid of the stupid arbitrary 2200 rating req for gear. I guess I won't re-up once my 6 months runs out in June after all. Crap move Blizzard.
Edited by Demonae on 5/22/2013 5:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

HIDE YA KIDS HIDE YA WIFE THEY FOUND US
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
05/22/2013 04:56 PMPosted by Daxxarri

Well I hope you don't understand very well because that's a very bad idea. Your hope of getting more pvper's? Say goodbye with stupid reverts like that.. Next thing you'll say, that the ilvl is higher too. And I was going to write this nice post saying how glad I am with 5.3 pvp changes and I think after 8 years the devs are on the right course of action. Pfft
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I hope not. I was actually coming back to WoW after being gone for many months because they finally got rid of the stupid arbitrary 2200 rating req for gear. I guess I won't re-up once my 6 months runs out in June after all. Crap move Blizzard.

My understanding is that the 2200 rewards next season will be 100% cosmetic; no stat advantage.

Try getting full information before having such a knee-jerk reaction.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
05/22/2013 04:56 PMPosted by Daxxarri

Good to hear.

now if we can only get rid of the win traders filling the rbg ladders.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior

This is the second blue this week actually, one earlier was there about the vendors.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
This is the second blue this week actually, one earlier was there about the vendors.
That's what? 2 posts for the past 2 expansions?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
05/22/2013 07:01 PMPosted by Scirøn

My understanding is that the 2200 rewards next season will be 100% cosmetic; no stat advantage.

Try getting full information before having such a jerk reaction.

Fixt
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
05/22/2013 07:31 PMPosted by Bigsmashy

i am now a celebrity.

oddly enough i would rather have had them comment on the rbg ladders and massive win trading, but i'll take a response nevertheless.
Reply Quote
5 Goblin Shaman

That's a terrible plan. Rampant win-trading and sells will ensue.
Edited by Lulululula on 5/22/2013 7:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]