So t2/elite gear = 25000 cap only? what?

80 Gnome Death Knight
I like the idea of graded vanity rewards. 2k cloak, 2.1k tabard, 2.2k enchants, 2.3k seasonal ground mounts, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
2200 rating for elite stat gears can be rough depending on the inflation. on my warlock in season 11 it was so hard to climb to 2200 when every team had t2/legendaries/heroic trinkets. when we finally did pass 2200 things became MUCH EASIER.

i think its better for the entire pvp community, both competitive players and casual ones, for best gears to not require a rating and have rating grant vanity perks (tabard/titles)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
As it would pit these low rated players in situations where they could serve to gain rating faster, and therefore catchup slightly better.

I think that carries would just shift over to the primarily "we play for you" style, which is still completely sad.

The rating system is suppost to pit players of similar preformance against each other, not be something you find the quickest way to farm your way to the top. Why can't people just play.

Again, that could all be fixed with changes to the mmr. Why there isn't a max cap CR gain on rbgs is beyond me. No player should be able to get 100+ cr in one win. 30-40 max. That coupled with removing the lowest MMR from the math when figuring team mmr would greatly discourage carries and pilots. The fact is, the system makes it easy for these things to happen. If the system was changed, it would remedy a lot of this. This would also go a long way in fixing the the win trading. The fact we see players that are 2700-2800+ with single digit wins says a lot about the flaws of the mmr system. Getting 300+ cr in one win? Shouldn't happen.

And thats really just it. with the mmr system fixed, teams would face players more of their skill set. s11, we would go 4-5 games facing nothing but pilot groups at the 2200 bracket. Our team mmr was in the 2200 range, yet we would face teams wtih sub 2k MMR where the majority of the team was 2300-2400+ players. Even going so far was facing 2600+ teams with sub 2200 mmr simply because they had 1 or 2 0 cr people on their teams. these were obvious pilots and they ruin the ladder. What made these games ridiculous was we were losing 17-23 points per loss because their mmr was somtimes substantially lower then ours, despite the fact their team was made up of all 2400+ players.

thats broken. needs fixin.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Honestly why can't we have a mix of everything?

27,000 conquest gives you something else (Pet/Mount/Weapon Mog? I unno'. Something.)
2200 gives you the recolour

Not sure if I agree with 2500 being a tabard since that's essentially Gladiator on every BG and they're already walking out with the only real reward in the game right now.
I'd move it to 2k so people actually feel they can get it and it might entice people to push out of the 1750 bracket.

27000 does give you something though, which is currently pretty sweet. Unlocking all the conquest gear for honor is pretty solid incentive for a lot of multi spec players. Not as lucrative for the pure dps classes, but perhaps alil something else can be tossed in the mix.

I would rather just see another "look" for 2700. Just make a slightly different skin for the folks that hit the 27000 cap vs those who earn the 2200+ elite look.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I vote for an auto elite reward for ex 2200 players. If you were a 2200 player in the past you get the gear automatically but the conquest points per week depend on current rating. If you are not a 2200 then you have to work for your rating.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I vote for an auto elite reward for ex 2200 players. If you were a 2200 player in the past you get the gear automatically but the conquest points per week depend on current rating. If you are not a 2200 then you have to work for your rating.

"I got 2200 once (s9 frost DK) and I want to be elite every season even if I don't earn it"
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage

So someone who bought their rating should always get elite gear? Beyond that, just because you were relevant one season as a player, doesn't mean you were relevant the next. Consider s5 glad dks or last seasons bm hunter glads that hit 2400+ the first week then sat on their rating all season.

every season is a new season. new gear. ideally, there should be new achievements as well. s11 general, s10 knight, etc etc. So many players got warlord and high warlord last season between dec 24th and jan 21st because of allt he win trading. Thats not legit. I don't need to see your bogus achievement from that silly season.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
"I got 2200 once (s9 frost DK) and I want to be elite every season even if I don't earn it"

So someone who bought their rating should always get elite gear? Beyond that, just because you were relevant one season as a player, doesn't mean you were relevant the next. Consider s5 glad dks or last seasons bm hunter glads that hit 2400+ the first week then sat on their rating all season.

I support the law of least effort. This game is for fun not for more stress each season to get a rating.
Edited by Payacon on 5/23/2013 10:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
05/23/2013 10:26 AMPosted by Payacon

I support the law of least effort. This game is for fun not for more stress each season to get a rating.

so then just transmog your old elite gear. i did. i like the look. does it make me more relevant now? yes and no. Do i deserve this seasons elite gear? nope. I havn't played this toon much so why should I get anything I havn't worked for?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
05/22/2013 08:43 PMPosted by Demonae

It's not okay to be a !@#$% because you did a fraction of the work to get t2 compared to previous seasons. Bathe in it because I can ensure you that it will be your last time wearing it.

lol, spoken like someone that needs their special elite gear to be good. reason I was leaving wow for games like world of tanks, you don't have to win trade to get gear to make you equal to your opponents. PvP is about skill, gear grinding is crap. I PvP for the fun of PvP, not some shiny p.o.s. status symbol. the tears all the old school win trading pos players is beautiful, so keep on crying.

^^^^^^
Well said. Plus all you have to look at is his Elite weapon from last season and no 2200 arena?! Don't worry he's a skilled RBG hero. Getting 2200 should be your own personally goal because you enjoy the game and are competitive. Even if you were 2200 (which you are not) your still far behind the skill level of 2500/2600 players so that elite gear only makes you feel like your as good as them! Take off the rose tinted glasses. I am in favor of rewards for rating, but your a prime example of someone with this "Elite" gear and nothing to show from it. There are better players than you I hate to break the bad news Mr. High and Mighty.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
This seasons stuff shouldn't even be called elite lol, since nothing "elite" is required to purchase it. Might as well put the heroic tag on the ilvl 389 valor point gear.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
what does it matter the elite gear has no additional stats
Reply Quote
98 Human Paladin
It's such a simple fix.

Make the elite gear have a higher ilvl and make each piece require a rating requirement. Rings = 1300, neck = 1400, ..., head = 2100, shoulders = 2200.

Keep the ilvl downleveling inside instanced PvP so 2200+ players don't stomp 2100 players and create that awful barrier that shouldn't be there.

What does this do?

Keeps the level playing field that is a great change inside structured PvP.
Helps close the ilvl gap that is getting gigantic between PvP and PvE.
Makes PvP gear BiS out in the world in PvP again.
Will massively increase participation as now there are rewards available for all players at all skill levels.
Reply Quote
There should be stat changes for gear. PVP gear should be the best at killing players because its player vs player gear. I don't know why everyone has 65% base resil that is just stupid. If you want to pvp actually get pvp gear.

This game needs the 2.2k elite weapon increase stats not just cosmetic because honestly no one give a !@#$ about cosmetic stuff, just look at GW2 and how fail their pvp system is.

I want my carrot on a stick so I can chase after something that is wroth chasing after.

The introduction of base resilience is fine, pvp power (found on pvp gear) effectively nullifys resil and so for fully geared pvp players, you're only up against 30% resil or w.e. However for a pve geared player, they are up against the full 65% resil. And due to item levels on pve gear being scaled down in pvp, pvp gear is still bis for pve with the exception of some trinkets due to the nerfing of pvp power, making the primary stats on pve trinkets far superior.
Edited by Chin on 7/5/2013 2:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Though I'm not a "hardcore" pvper, I still think it should require some time/skill to get elite gear. It bugs me a ton when I see !@#$ers in trade saying "WTB arena wins 50g per win" it really makes me see how lazy people have become, that they can't even farm bgs and get in malev gear so they aren't totally useless. It should take effort to get your gear, not have someone carry you to get it.
Reply Quote
25 Human Mage
Though I'm not a "hardcore" pvper, I still think it should require some time/skill to get elite gear. It bugs me a ton when I see !@#$ers in trade saying "WTB arena wins 50g per win" it really makes me see how lazy people have become, that they can't even farm bgs and get in malev gear so they aren't totally useless. It should take effort to get your gear, not have someone carry you to get it.

Spoiler Alert: They're making the requirements 2k again.

Also, as an aside....I like people who spam buying arena wins for gold. That's the backbone to my disposable income.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I'm glad that they are giving the rating requirement back. I personally think even if it is just a "prestige" I will be easily able to tell the difference between a scrub and a decent player instantly just by the color of the their gear (assuming no transmog).
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
AJ
Should be 2.2k.

or they should just have each "elite look" unlock at the respective ratings like wrath and give actual t2 weapons back. even if the weapons were only 8 ilvl higher, would be a nice little incentive beyond the gear.

hopefully win trading in rbgs will be fixed by next season, though i'm sure that won't happen. every high warlord i see posting in trade got their achievement between dec 25th, 2012-jan 21st 2013 when win trading was at its peak.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]