5.3 MM PvP Pet choice?

90 Orc Hunter
So now that cranes CC has a 2 minute cooldown, i've been looking for a replacement. What do you all see as the best overall pet for world pvp/random bg's? I've been screwing around with birds of prey for their disarm, spiders for their traps and moth's for the 4 sec silence (need to pick up a monkey) but i'm curious as to what the community see's as the "top" MM PvP pet atm. Thanks!
Reply Quote
I alternate between about 10 pets given the situation, but some are obviously not available to MM

If there's no crit buff available I use a wolf

If there's a crit buff then it depends on my partners. If they value mastery and we don't have it, I use a cat. If they need haste, hyena. These are 3 good pets to have in your Stampede in general because they cover all of your secondaries.

However, not every match will call for pure damage

A goat brings a cast speed debuff, which is huge against a spellcleave.

Hawk brings a disarm (can use scorpid as well)

Gorilla brings an interrupt (clutch now with Blink Strikes)

Crab > Spider for root because its physical, Web is a second longer but Pin won't get dispelled

Wasp a decent choice if you really want a second stun

Porcupine an okay choice
Edited by Roycer on 5/23/2013 12:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
What would you personally pick for solo PvP in group settings? I was thinking wasp just due to the stun's versatility
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Hawk brings a disarm (can use scorpid as well)

Incidentally, it is one of the few utility move on hunter pets that isn't gimp when compared to player based counterparts.

Gorilla brings an interrupt (clutch now with Blink Strikes)

Never even bother with a Gorilla, Moth or Nether Ray. The effect vs cooldown is excessively bad.

What would you personally pick for solo PvP in group settings? I was thinking wasp just due to the stun's versatility

BM? Shale Spider (it isn't too bad), Spirit Beast, Rhino
Non BM - Probably Wasp/Bat (15 seconds for range is a tough call), or Spider.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
I think that in a group with no main stat buff go with the shale spider because it provides that buff. Also now it's special no longer only roots them to ground, it actually stuns them. But if someone in your group does have the main stat buff, go with a devilsaur for the healing reduction of 25% that your pet puts on your target.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I suggest a monkey for solo PvP. Apparently Grounding Totem can't eat Bad Manner.

In a group setting, a Porcupine would be great for an AoE stun, especially when disrupting multiple node cappers.

I think that in a group with no main stat buff go with the shale spider because it provides that buff. Also now it's special no longer only roots them to ground, it actually stuns them. But if someone in your group does have the main stat buff, go with a devilsaur for the healing reduction of 25% that your pet puts on your target.

He's talking about MM spec, not BM. :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Crane is still the best for MM.

This is my set up:
-Crane for most situations
-Fox/Moth against casters
-Spider against melee.

Crane is still really good and can help peel things like rets, ferals, monks who can't typically be rooted. Also, its ideal for stopping rogue or feral openers.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
What about like an owl or hawk?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]