Freeing up a name

86 Human Paladin
Anyone know, if you delete a character is the name immediately available to you? I have 2 very basic common names from characters I rolled at realm start. I never used these alts, and won't, but I do want at least one of the names.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Yes, it should open up immediately after you delete them.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
However, you won't be able to join the same guild you were in with the same name unless you explicitly leave the guild before deleting the first character.

Trying to do otherwise will most likely require GM intervention to fix, has happened to me before.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
"Freeing up a name" sounds like a mafia slang term to me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
"Freeing up a name" sounds like a mafia slang term to me.
Reply Quote
Let me just...
free that name up for you...
for a nominal fee, of course.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I had a placeholder toon pre-MoP for what would later be my monk. Soon as I deleted the placeholder, I was able to use the same name for my monk.

The name lock period of 90 days only applies to other players trying to get old names that weren't previously theirs.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
The name lock period of 90 days only applies to other players trying to get old names that weren't previously theirs.

To clarify, you must wait 60 days (I think it was shortened) to use a name that was not previously used on your bnet account -unless- the character is a level 1.

If the character is level 1, it becomes immediately available for anyone.

(I have two accounts and held names for a few people pre-MOP)
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
Thanks for the info. I rolled these guys to have a look around way back, and they've been perpetually stuck at about level 5 since then.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]