5.3 Audio Problem

(Locked)

100 Worgen Druid
In LFR Deadly Boss Mods and Weak Auras audio could not be heard above raid sound effects. I tried increasing channels to max but it is still inconsistent at best which is a huge problem. Everything worked fine yesterday.... before the patch....

My drivers are up to date, both those addons have been updated since 5.3 and I have pretty much every other addon that isn't crucial disabled. Help.
90 Worgen Druid
I'm having this problem with Weakauras and GTFO. They were not a problem before today.
100 Night Elf Priest
I'm having that issue, along with an issue where when mobs aggro to me they aren't making their "aggro" noise (shouts and whatnot).
100 Gnome Mage
I'm having the same problems, tellmewhen, dbm, and power auras sounds are all either not playing or coming out clipped. It seems to work OK in town on training dummies, but messes up in raids, and also when I was grouped doing the new quests in the Barrens.
100 Gnome Mage
Same............
90 Orc Warlock
Same problem..with weak auras and DBM. It seems like the sounds work if there's not a lot of sound going on? But in combat they work maybe 5% of the time
90 Orc Warlock
Figured out a temp fix for it. If you go into system and turn off sound effects and music you can hear all weak aura noises. Seems theres an issue with multiple noises going on at the same time
Edited by Blinks on 5/21/2013 8:47 PM PDT
90 Orc Warrior
Same.
100 Worgen Druid
Yeah I had to use that fix to raid tonight. Hopefully they fix this soon or at least acknowledge there is an issue.
58 Troll Death Knight
Since the patch im missing some sounds in WoW sometimes. Sometimes it goes away, then comeback a few mins later. Sounds like when you loot,loot money/vendor items...
100 Undead Warlock
Have this problem also. Was fine before the patch, but now I can't hear sha yell or it cuts out when new npc speak about 5.3 lore.
100 Gnome Mage
Having similar issues with dbm, scrolling battletext, mage nuggets, and weak auras. It seems the latter three can all work fine when dbm is not needed (for example: pre-pull or out on field) but once dbm is active they don't work and dbm doesn't play its sound files either.

=(
100 Gnome Mage
Figured out a temp fix for it. If you go into system and turn off sound effects and music you can hear all weak aura noises. Seems theres an issue with multiple noises going on at the same time

Thanks
Same here. I updated GTFO and DBM before logging on. I also increased the number of audio channels after I noticed the problem in the raid. Everyone else in the raid was also having issues.
100 Gnome Warlock

I think you might be right about the multiple sounds causing the problem. Thanks.
OK ... a little more detail. I just logged in after the rolling restart and hit a target dummy (I have audio warnings for slice and dice and rupture). The warnings worked the first time, but the next time I allowed them run down, no dice.

I left combat and tried again everything worked fine.

I left combat and tried a third time and the warnings worked again.

Obviously a target dummy doesn't have all of the noise of a raid, so I'm not sure this was a proper test, but data is data.
100 Troll Mage
Same problem occuring with me.
90 Orc Rogue
DBM sounds and countdowns arent playing for me either.... since the update
90 Human Paladin
Same.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]