When is the next wow expansion coming out?

77 Night Elf Hunter
When is the next world of warcraft expansion coming out? and what is the next world of warcraft expansion going to be about?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
It will probably come out next year and will possibly be about something.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I don't know and I don't care because they will just shove tons of dallies in our face to please the casuals and will call it "content".
Edited by Aegorad on 5/22/2013 2:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
I don't know and I don't care because they will just shove tons of dallies in our face to please the casuals and will call it "content".

Dailies are content. You might not like them, but they're still content. Oh, and 5.3 didn't have any dailies.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
05/22/2013 02:02 PMPosted by Lena

Dailies are content. You might not like them, but they're still content. Oh, and 5.3 didn't have any dailies.

Just one Weekly, lol.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Aug-Sept 2014
Burning Legion and Sargeras
Introduction of the Demon Hunter
Ogres as a Playable race (since they were all over TBC)

They were all over TBC because ogres are a native race of Draenor.

This one has us going to Argus, which has no ogres.
Reply Quote
This expansion still feels new and doesn't feel like it's been out all that long. They're already going to send out another one?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Aug-Sept 2014
Burning Legion and Sargeras
Introduction of the Demon Hunter
Ogres as a Playable race (since they were all over TBC)

I hope it isn't Aug-Sept 2014. I think Aug-Sept of this year is a reasonable time to expect 5.4 and that would mean we will once again be in the final tier of an expansion for the better part of a year. I don't know if I can handle that for a 3rd time.

I expect the next expansion to be announced at Blizzcon and it to hit beta before the year is over.
Edited by Asayne on 5/22/2013 2:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
This expansion still feels new and doesn't feel like it's been out all that long. They're already going to send out another one?

We're drawing ever closer to the Siege of Orgrimmar, which I believe is the last content patch of the expansion. It's gonna have to end eventually.

Plus, they've been wanting to give us new content at a quicker pace anyway.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Night Elf Priest
Haven't heard anything, probably won't for a while.

Blizzcon might have something.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue

They want faster patches and expansions. It's got pros and cons. People say the gated Valor gear is an alt killer, I disagree. The way content comes out now is a true alt killer. I finally got groups on my priest to down more than Lei Shen (I always got stuck in a group that had determination stacks at him) in LFR and out comes 5.3. Since my priest is my main I want to go out and clear up all the 5.3 stuff which just pushes alts of mine to the back burner, again.

I know some patches used to take a long time to get out. Those were unacceptable but these are coming way too fast for those of us that enjoy having a max level that can tank, heal or DPS without having to dual spec and carry around two sets of gear.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Hopefully by then our guild will have been able to down Garrosh.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
In a year and a half (around Holidays, 2014). Just like all the others.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
In a year and a half (around Holidays, 2014). Just like all the others.

LOL I think that is inaccurate, Blizzcon coming up this fall will probably reveal a new expansion around Christmas of THIS year 2013 as they have always done. I'd be really surprised to see something new any later than that.
Reply Quote
All we know about the end of MoP is that Garrosh is the final boss.

Nowhere does it say that the final boss will be killed in Orgrimmar. We could see Garrosh return again as a future boss, this time corrupted fully by the Sha of Pride. Who can say.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
oh god if they became a playable race i would shoot myself
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]