Question for H pallies.

90 Worgen Druid
I two heal most of ToT with a H pally. After the nerfs he got yesterday he thinks he sucks and pallies are horrible now. He's a forum lurker so I know he'll see this eventually.

Anyway, my question is, do you other holy pallies feel like the nerf was all that bad? Are you super weak now? Healing with him doesnt seem all that different than it was last week except sometimes I actually see his mana bar move! /gasp
Reply Quote
It was a nerf, but it does not make them unviable in any way. He's being overdramatic.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
The mastery nerf wasn't that bad. I miss my T14 4PC tho.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Priest
Wasn't that bad at all. 5% ish nerf, that's all.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
The Paladin I heal with said he feels clunky now. Likely due to the T14 nerf thing.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
The tier for ToT is like a pally nerf itself.... Daybreak... seriously? They even buffed it a tiny bit in 5.3, tiny bit.

Increased beacon healing is nice tho, but other healer tier sets are far more impressive.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
So far, in my LFR experience. I honestly don't notice a difference on many fights so far. Many fights with lower damage I still have IH as my top heal - slightly less % it was before. Also did a 10 man terrace and 2 healed everything on my holy priest, the hpal was still way ahead of me with 41%+ healing from IH.

My boyfriend, who also raids with me on a holy paladin, says he feels the nerf, but I really only seen him do less HPS on Megaera so far, which allowed me to even be close to him on the meters last night ;p.

Seems like in easy content, mastery is still good for padding. I guess it's only really noticeable in HM progression where a lot healing/absorbs is actually needed. But, I wouldn't really know.
Reply Quote
36 Human Warlock

This.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

^
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Meh it is fine. Tell him to heal harder. Never had the T14 set bonus so I was not spoiled.
Edited by Taelaus on 5/23/2013 3:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Stings a little and w/o t14 it's clunky but all that's happend so far in 5.3 atleast to my healing is just ~10k HPS lower on avrage.

Aslong as the boss dies and raid is up you are doing your job. HPS=\=DPS meters, pallies are one of the most useful classes in the game.
Reply Quote
81 Gnome Death Knight
I said it last night sarcastically but unless you raid on Earthen Ring it wasn't me. :)

Meh it is fine. Tell him to heal harder. Never had the T14 set bonus so I was not spoiled.

I didn't see tier at all in T14 on my pally. Nothing. I was cursed. I got my monk to 90 and within a week she had 2 pieces. It's just further proof the game likes my gnomes more than my other characters.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Paladins are still great. It's not the other healers might actually have to heal something. I think the issue is that they changed tanks some. Prot pally if you're running one is noticeably more squishy.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

Increased beacon healing is nice tho, but other healer tier sets are far more impressive.

Druids would like to have a word with you...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
He just has to change his strategy to accommodate the changes, really. Yes, the nerf to the 4pc is uncomfortable. I got used to an easy-flowing HoPo generation, and now I find myself trying to use holy shock when it still has 2 secs on the CD. It doesn't feel great, but we'll get used to it :)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Due to the combination of item upgrades and switching to higher ilvl t15 gear, our hpally had almost the exact same output as pre-nerf. Pally output is still excellent, I think the bigger issue is the adaptation needed switching to a longer HS cd.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Paladins are still great. It's not the other healers might actually have to heal something. I think the issue is that they changed tanks some. Prot pally if you're running one is noticeably more squishy.

We run a warrior and DK tank.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

I disagree. I think we (prot pallies) are fine. The Battle Healer nerf was a noticeable (and deserved) raid healing nerf for prot, but we didn't lose much with the mastery nerf. It's basically like taking off Blessing of Might.

Also, holy is fine.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Healed a LFR with 3 druids and 2 shaman last night. Nerf to T14 is in the annoyance bucket as it does disrupt the flow I had before but it may finally prompt me to switch to T15 now (have 2 pieces). I noticed my healing was lower on some fights (but it's LFR so that's not saying much).

The only other thing I can say after healing with 3 druids is Woah! Mushrooms!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I had swapped out of the T14 already. The mastery nerf was "unnoticeable" in any kind of group setting, though soloing I could feel the difference.

When I changed from T14 4pc to T15 2pc / T14 2pc I lost the 2 sec CD reduction and it did feel clunkier, however we always knew it was going away eventually if only because we had to gear up.

The daybreak buff was a nice addition for me, if only because it reduced a bit of "clunk" when you don't have the T14 set.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]