Question for H pallies.

The mastery nerf was catastrophic for pvp regardless of it's affect in pve. Holy pallies were extremely weak in 5.2 but with the 5.3 changes they are now non viable.

The 40% absorb affect reduction is applying to illuminated healing and combined with battle fatigue it double dips as a nerf and has left holy paladin healing in pvp basically irrelevant.

Regardless of the pve status for pally's this change along with many others has gutted an already weak class.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
The mastery nerf was catastrophic for pvp regardless of it's affect in pve. Holy pallies were extremely weak in 5.2 but with the 5.3 changes they are now non viable.

The 40% absorb affect reduction is applying to illuminated healing and combined with battle fatigue it double dips as a nerf and has left holy paladin healing in pvp basically irrelevant.

Regardless of the pve status for pally's this change along with many others has gutted an already weak class.

That sucks, I'm sorry they messed up your pvp, maybe it'll get fixed soon! This post was more about pve though.
Reply Quote
That's understandable, but my point was that with the pve shuffle for an even front there is a dis-proportionally large effect on pvp. I understand it may be that some mechanics allow for unfairness in pve, but sometimes changing them makes pvp unplayable. I just want to heal in pvp, but the demand for an even ground in pve is breaking my class/speck.

Would it not be better to simply buff individual mechanics among other healers to bring them in-line with holy paladin.

Over healing by the most doesn't mean your a great healer nor does topping the meter. Keeping your team up through dreadful mistakes or unforgiving encounter's separates the proverbial men from the boys.
Edited by Vaega on 5/28/2013 7:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Would it not be better to simply buff individual mechanics among other healers to bring them in-line with holy paladin.

In blizzard's view, I would imagine probably not, because then healers become overpowered and two things happen:

1) Content becomes too easy in PvE and they don't want it to be all about burst like in wrath. As a tank, I don't appreciate being 2-shot by boss auto attacks. I hope that never comes back.

2) It would make all healers OP in PvP, which doesn't make for very interesting PvP.

It's well possible and likely that the way battle fatigue works caused healing paladins to be overnerfed in PvP. In that case, blizzard will buff them some other way (ie: better scaling with pvp power or something).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I did feel a slight nerf, but I still feel very viable and can easily 2 heal any fight except megeara. The OP's friend needs to grow some confidence and learn how to heal even though one of their mechanics isn't outright over powered.

I will say that having holy shock go from 4 second cd to 6 second cd felt really clunky at first, but after a week I got back into the groove, and it doesn't feel clunky anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
05/23/2013 03:48 AMPosted by Melawna
The mastery nerf wasn't that bad. I miss my T14 4PC tho.

This.

^. Yep. Pallies were nerfed about 5%..but I am not noticing it too much. I am still topping the charts in ten man without going OOM. We have always been great burst healers, and I think we got spoiled by IH a little...but I am still pissed about the daybreak set bonus..if it wasn't for the beacon bonus I wouldn't be going after the tier sets at all this tier.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Noticed the loss, still rock.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I didn't notice a nerf.

But the raid leader changing my job on lei shen is one of several contributing factors to finally downing him.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I didn't really like the nerf( yeah I know nerf lol) so I wanted to try something different so I went crit and so far I'm loving it. The mastery already got lowered about 7% so guessed why not.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If you like to min-max to the extreme like me you will notice this nerf and even if you don't you should notice a big diff..

I switched to pure mastery and here is my healing with 38% mastery base with 45% buffed.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-87wgjoiv8sb26yiq/
Edited by Requital on 6/5/2013 10:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]