[Holy] Anybody Try Crit Yet?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Anybody prioritize crit with any success? I'm tempted to try it, but unless I know from other players, and not just Mr. Robot, I'm going to stick to Mastery until on farm, then I might experiment a little. Still really curious though... I'll be making the switch if people have good things to say about it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's around the same throughput as mastery, except more rng-based naturally.

If you are already running a mastery build, don't bother changing, and vice versa.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Tried it not fond of it what so ever, except heroic tortos, its op on that. I'm more than likely going to hit the haste breakpoint and then stack mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Since April. It's differently different.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Mathematically they are near identical. Crit offers more "real" healing, Mastery prevents overhealing. If you adjust based on your overheal tendency, you can end up just right. The more you over heal, the more you want to go Mastery.

Essentially the stats have equal weight and are adjusted based on comfort.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Switched because Mastery healing got a bit boring for me. Plus, I raid with a Disc priest already and we both get a bit fussy when either one of us steals heals from each other through shields; I personally feel like there's better synergy when we can cover more aspects of healing rather than capping on one.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Priest
I switched. It's working fine and I'm actually running less spirit now because it's not nearly as spammy.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/us/Lightbringer/eloderung/

He runs a crit build and it seems to be working quite well for him.

Though, I'd say that this works much better in a 25m environment. For 10s, I'd say stick with mastery as both builds seem to provide similar throughput.
Reply Quote
Crit is nice.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I asked this in a different thread but in a wall of text.

What is the second Haste break point?

Any thoughts on when 180 intel is greater than 320 mastery ? Is the extra hit from the intel meaningful in terms of very uneven needs for heals ?)

Obviously, I'm not talking "all or nothing" but.. maybe just going pure intel in the 3 or 4 red gem slots instead of a blended intel - spirit or intel -mastery ?

(premise.. you're over geared for the place if people don't stand in crap but if you're in a group making mistakes and need to play "catch" up rather than heal optimally - And even if people don't stand in stuff, i'm often running to avoid stuff when i should be healing and need to catch up. ) The more times people do the fight (including myself especially) the less that happens but it seems like the best players (not me) catch on far quicker than many others.
Edited by Touchyone on 5/23/2013 5:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

I believe 15%
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Any thoughts on when 180 intel is greater than 320 mastery ? Is the extra hit from the intel meaningful in terms of very uneven needs for heals ?)

Obviously, I'm not talking "all or nothing" but.. maybe just going pure intel in the 3 or 4 red gem slots instead of a blended intel - spirit or intel -mastery ?

(premise.. you're over geared for the place if people don't stand in crap but if you're in a group making mistakes and need to play "catch" up rather than heal optimally - And even if people don't stand in stuff, i'm often running to avoid stuff when i should be healing and need to catch up. ) The more times people do the fight (including myself especially) the less that happens but it seems like the best players (not me) catch on far quicker than many others.

In PVE, I've gone Orange gems over red. a 80/160 > 160. Since the only thing we get from Int is spell power, there's just more overall return from the secondaries. Take advantage of the socket bonuses, but gem secondaries before Int.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Crit's worthless unless you wish to pray for crits when you're looking to save your raid.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

In PVE, I've gone Orange gems over red. a 80/160 > 160. Since the only thing we get from Int is spell power, there's just more overall return from the secondaries. Take advantage of the socket bonuses, but gem secondaries before Int.

int gives spell power, crit and mana regen.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Priest
Crit's worthless unless you wish to pray for crits when you're looking to save your raid.

/facedesk

Probability doesn't work like that.

and mana regen.

I must be missing something because it hasn't given regen since Cata.
Edited by Swagninja on 5/24/2013 8:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You definitely don't have to cast as much but I'm still not completely sold on it yet.

Might try a haste-mastery build next for fun.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I've moved over to lower spirit higher haste and crit and started using holy light more because it's the spell that benefits most from either of those stats.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/24/2013 08:02 PMPosted by Swagninja

/facedesk

and mana regen.

intel increases crit, that increases mana regen via illumination.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/25/2013 10:24 AMPosted by Ikai

/facedesk

intel increases crit, that increases mana regen via illumination.

That's longevity, not regen.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]