No sound notifications from any addons

90 Human Mage
I use sound notifications from BigWigs and MiksScrollingBattleText to notify me of important events. audibly. Since 5.3, all addons that make any sort of notifying sound have ceased to do so. Was there an API change that would cause this? Have sounds been removed from the game? Is the new functionality of the Barrens (sounds when things spawn) restricting the addons?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
We are having the same problem in our 10m raid with DBM. We have tried changing settings and options, but no luck yet.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
And this issue extends to the addon GTFO, as well. This is definitely noticeable when we see 7 people die to the same ground effect at the same time.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
My GladiatorlosSA works perfectly fine and the clicking that MSBT makes when things are off CD works too.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
It's actually looking like there are certain sounds that do and do not work. In the category of sounds that do not work are all sounds prefixed with the phrase "Big Wigs".
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I am having the same or a similar issue. My sound notifications are not working for DBM, WeakAuras, GTFO, or MSBT. I suspect DBM is the culprit just because WeakAuras sounds do work on a target dummy but do no work in an instance.
Reply Quote
Any time in battle the crappy battle noises take precedence over boss mod sounds and weak aura sounds.. Despite having 64 channels. Tried software, tried an alternate sound card, same issue everywhere.

This is pretty terrible if you depend on sounds so you can watch grid or you know, the screen, which is probably most healers among others.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Mkay, yep doing ToT and sure enough. DBM and MSBT's sounds are not working. *sigh*
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I've also noticed that Blizzard seems to have added their own noises. I noticed a sound when I had Biting Cold on me. Definitely not a familiar sound.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Some sounds are gone completely or bug out. Moving items around my bags with their own sounds, sheathing / unsheathing my weapon, vendoring items, etc they all break and remain silent.

Never even had an issue remotely like this until today with 5.3.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yeah, something with being in combat is at fault. When my LFR group wiped on Horridon the beserk timer came up and it make it's usual sound.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I found a post on the developer's forum hosted at Elitist Jerks. Apparently, it has to do with the priority being given to combat sounds and they recommend turning off sound effects entirely. I experienced the issue while playing with emote sounds as my only sound effect, but I have not yet tested it with no sound effects.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I found a post on the developer's forum hosted at Elitist Jerks. Apparently, it has to do with the priority being given to combat sounds and they recommend turning off sound effects entirely. I experienced the issue while playing with emote sounds as my only sound effect, but I have not yet tested it with no sound effects.

Awh, worked very well. Guess I'll deal with no sounds till it's fix'd thank you!
Edited by Alzar on 5/21/2013 7:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I turned off sounds effects.. DBM and GTFO stilled did not work.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Same here, try the sounds effect off, didnt work.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Turned my sound effects off.. worked like a charm. So does anyone know if they plan to fix this anytime soon? Or is this one of those things that they don't care what we want and they are just going to leave it because they think it is better? Seems to have been an issue all through PTR.
Edited by Mirala on 5/21/2013 8:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Human Warrior
http://elitistjerks.com/f104/t132671-notice_5_3_dbm_sounds_combat/

I revised that post. its key that you turn off sound EFFECts and not sound option, as seen in screen shot.

it's also key that the "master" audio option is turned on (otherwise dbm tries to play sounds through the channel you unfortunately have disabled, thus you still get no sounds).

this will apply to work around with any mod. the mod has to use "master" audio channel to still play sounds with "Sound Effects" turned off.

EDIT, additional confirmation and reasoning:
https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/337333332457185281

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/337302885777944576
Edited by Omegal on 5/22/2013 11:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
To clarify this bug report, the issue only seems to occur while in a raid.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
http://elitistjerks.com/f104/t132671-notice_5_3_dbm_sounds_combat/

I revised that post. its key that you turn off sound EFFECts and not sound option, as seen in screen shot.

it's also key that the "master" audio option is turned on (otherwise dbm tries to play sounds through the channel you unfortunately have disabled, thus you still get no sounds).

this will apply to work around with any mod. the mod has to use "master" audio channel to still play sounds with "Sound Effects" turned off.

That...quite honestly sucks. I like having my sound effects on because they give me audio ques that DBM doesn't give me. Meh. I don't know why they would do that. :-\
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
That's okay, I just had a GM tell me twice in two separate ticket reponses that the problem was with my addons and I got the run around about getting rid of all my add ons. I cancelled my subscription.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]