No sound notifications from any addons

MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
I can't imagine blizz will allow this to continue for long. seems like a major breakage.
Edited by Omegal on 5/22/2013 11:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
To clarify this bug report, the issue only seems to occur while in a raid.

Nope. Had it breaking my music addon fighting a Barrens commander.

05/21/2013 11:30 PMPosted by Omegal
Try upping sound channels to 32 or 64 as well. it probably still wont' be enough in 25 man or world bosses or LFR (just too many combat sounds). but you may get by in general play or 10 mans with game sounds on and still having channels left over for mods.

Also nope. Even a 10-man spams enough sound effects to completely shut out any addon sounds.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I too am experiencing sound issue both in/out of raids. Is there any update on a fix for this, or will some work-around be required to hear my addons...?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I too am experiencing sound issue both in/out of raids. Is there any update on a fix for this, or will some work-around be required to hear my addons...?

Read the first page. :-\
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
Please revert this change. I like to play the game with music and sound effects but DBM and Weak Aura audio alerts are too important to go without. The music and sound effects lose every single time and it's wrecking my game immersion! :(.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
05/21/2013 11:33 PMPosted by Sunna
Nope. Had it breaking my music addon fighting a Barrens commander.

Yeah, I just noticed this. Long sounds (eg. channeling a resurrection) sometimes stutter if other players are nearby, also.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
i use weak auras as my boss mod, and same thing happened to me. but what was weird is, i had no sound till i manually ran

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Spells\\PVPFlagTaken.wav", "Master");

this is the same sound dbm uses. after using that, they always worked. i didnt have to alter any settings. and i have no clue why this fixed the issue but it did. the only thing i can think of is it could be a caching issue. but i have no idea if sounds are even cached to begin with.

i play with sound low, music off, and ambience low
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
None of my addon sounds are working either especially in raids or dungeons
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Even at 64 channels addons get overwritten. Having to mute sound for any audio cues is just awful.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
i had no sound till i manually ran

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Spells\\PVPFlagTaken.wav", "Master");

this is the same sound dbm uses. after using that, they always worked. i didnt have to alter any settings. and i have no clue why this fixed the issue but it did. the only thing i can think of is it could be a caching issue.

This is interesting. I'll have to try it out when I get a chance to hop on.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
I too am not happy about this change... audio cues are essential to my performance...
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Blizzard downgraded the priority of addon sound plays relative to SFK, which basically breaks all mods that play encounter-related warnings in raid combat.

This is game-breaking.

Blizzard please roll-back this change to addon sound queuing immediately!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Wow, this is a horrible change. x_x
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Obviously this wasn't intentional. It looks too much like a glitch and there was no mention of it in patch notes. It'll get fixed at some point.
Best bet is to report it to bug forums and include as many details about it as possible. When it works, when it doesn't, what happens, and any workarounds.
Edited by Sedivy on 5/22/2013 9:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Neither DBM nor TellMeWhen was playing sounds in our 10-Man Raid in ToT last night, for anyone on our team.

Very frustrating on a fight like Tortos where everyone is running around like a chicken with thier head cut off and not knowing to drop cooldowns for earthquake.

We finally had about a 75% success rate by having people up their channels to 64, lower sound quality to low, and disable spell sounds (just like described in the EJ thread.)

As a healer it is near impossible to play. We called the night early because we rely heavily on both in game sounds and addons to react quickly to ever changing situations - especially when you are concentrating on little green bars. We made it through most of the night without having any in-game sound, but just too frustrating to have to make the choice between not knowing when things are casting successfully and when to GTFO.

Please fix this Blizzard, top priority!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I don't know that this necessarily has anything to do with addons. Just that they're affected the most.
I just tried with DBM, listening to the truncated sounds. Then I tried the turning off the DBM and was still having truncated sound problems from regular spell sounds. My Prayer of mending for example was stuttering the entire fights.
Then I tried the fix someone posted above, with DBM turned on, but either it didn't work for me or it didn't persist through the logout/login, not sure.
With regular sound off, mods are playing no problem but not the other way around.
Edited by Sedivy on 5/22/2013 12:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
This bug has really made me realize how much I've grown to rely on audio cues. It also makes me wish they were built-in so we wouldn't run into this kind of crap.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Still no fixes for this? Whats gives...? Are they trying to lose subs?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
It's not only addon related.
Also it's apparently a known issue and being looked at so just wait for patch. Which will take more than a day for sure.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8874477627
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]