Issues with connection, latency in 5.3

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ever since i downloaded patch 5.3, Ive either not been able to log in, or once i manage to get logged in to wow, my world latency is around 5-6k. I tried retarting my router, and updating my addons, even starting w/out addons, but i am still having major issues, any suggestions?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I'm having the same problem and, I'm also pretty sure its not on my side as I've tried everything. My internet is fine though otherwise I ran a speedtest and was ~80ms but in game I'm much, much higher
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Same issue for 48 hours now. Can't even interact with NPC's...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Same problem although mine is just below 1k and my speed test is fine about 40ms. tried without addons as well still the same problem. Hopefully this restart fixes it
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm having issues too. 5.2 I was running at a constant 55-60 fps, on ultra, after 5.3 hit, I've been sitting at 7fps constantly (5-6 in LFR), I've tried lowering down to good, and it makes no real change. Other games that have higher system requirements are still running completely fluidly, so I'm fairly certain that it's not my system. Though my world/home lat stays 30/46 respectively.
Edited by Akribos on 5/23/2013 5:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Orc Warrior
Same here, just retiring from game, since i almost broke my hand hiting my router, thinking he was the problem, 72h and still cant play, thats enough for me.
Reply Quote
91 Orc Warrior
May "WowBrowserProxy" be the problem? I've seen this running on windows process during the lag.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
5.2 wow runs perfectly fine....The day of 5.3 lag spikes at random...will click a spell and have a 10 second delay, was at 50 lat both home and world almost 24/7 Now it stays at 100 for both home and world and spikes up around 1000-1500

Giving it a few more days before I quit this game
Reply Quote
90 Orc Mage
I'm having a similar problem. Dropped all addons and my ms still spikes and d/cs me constantly.

The strange thing about it is that everyone around me doesn't appear as the standard lagged out, i can see them jump and move normally, but my spells either take 5 seconds to go off or they don't at all. Then i crash.

Its so frustrating, please some blue tell us whats going on cause this is not the game i am paying for.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
WoWBrowserProxy.exe is the problem for me it starts when I start WoW. I end process, then it starts every time I try to group and Multiple times when running LFR. Makes the game completely unplayable in LFRs and annoying having to kill it with every group :( And I can't seem to block it, I think it is the new in game feature for going to the site but it sucks and is killing my fun! If they don't fix it or allow it to be blocked I will never be able to do a lfr again, and if that's the case why play if you can't ever raid?
Edited by Delona on 5/23/2013 11:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
97 Draenei Mage
05/23/2013 10:57 PMPosted by Delona
WoWBrowserProxy.exe

This is the internal support browser.

It has a set of URLs its allowed to connect to , a black and a whitelist. Mainly connects to the support website.

But if can't start up it should just revert to the old system.

You could just delete it from the Utils folder in the Wow folder and see if it improves things.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
i have been having the same problem, login in is no problem for me, but ive constantly been facing a major decrease in my FPS. im lagging almost everywhere i go. and my button inputs arent responding as fast as they should. eg. i cast something and its takes like 2 sec for it to respond or sometimes never. the funny thing is this NEVER happend to me in 5.2. only in 5.3 im facing these problems
Edited by Sashaviche on 5/24/2013 5:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I'm having a similar problem. Dropped all addons and my ms still spikes and d/cs me constantly.

The strange thing about it is that everyone around me doesn't appear as the standard lagged out, i can see them jump and move normally, but my spells either take 5 seconds to go off or they don't at all. Then i crash.

Its so frustrating, please some blue tell us whats going on cause this is not the game i am paying for.

i feel you man.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yea im having the same problem, logged out for dinner having no problems and when i came back and downloaded 5.3 i started having latency issues. Should of afked like usual lol.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Hey freezepops just saw you in game, anyways yeh i am having same issues its awful......cant go into a city or raid or anything since tuesday fps goes from 48 to 5
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
that's cool :) what a small world it is.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
=D I'll say
Reply Quote
After the first patch fix download I have been experiencing these similar issues with my Internet connection with wow. I have tried resetting my router and modem and it doesn't change. Everything else connected to my Internet works really well so I am sure that this issue has nothing to do with my ISP or anything on my end.

My game latency says around 60-70 latency locally, but realm(?) latency will jump from 70-1200. I have strong lag with NPC interactions and in random dungeons I will be able to watch everyone else carry out there actions and my toon just stands there casting for long periods of time. It's pretty annoying to play the game like this :(
Edited by Skorim on 5/24/2013 9:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
seems clearly a Blizzard side issue since who knows how long, I too have this issue. My question is is Blizzard gonna ever step up to the plate and say "Yes we messed it up we know (or aren't sure) what happened but we are going to work on fixing it"? doubtful considering they prefer just to collect money and laugh at all of us fools that continue to pay for this poor quality game connection. a good example is I can stream movies fine before I log into the game but once I have entered the game my internet connection goes from great to a disaster. I reset modem/routr combo after I am done playing and connection returns to pristine. My question is this if it is peoples ISP's why does it only happen to us when we play the game and only until we reset our equipment to me this suggests server/game client issues but it seems no one at Blizzard cares enough to admit their mistakes and take the steps to actually fix this. Although these are probably the same people who seem absolutely clueless as to why subscriptions are dropping. all I can say to that is ROFLMAO!!!!
Edited by Chrisfool on 5/31/2013 10:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Same problem here, game becomes unplayable for periods of time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]