Sweet. finally ret paladin are "on par"

90 Tauren Paladin
Yesterday was my first raid where I finally enjoy my paladin to the maximum. I was competitive in the dps while using many of my abilities to support the raid(hands, shield....). This was a long waited buff. And a few >700k crits was awesome.

This will help a lot to give paladin a spot back in many high end raiding guild!!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I want more buffs though.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I want more buffs though.

Don't we all.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It is certainly a good start, but it is a band-aid fix until the likely reworking of Ret in 6.0.

I am certainly enjoying the boost, though.

:D
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Yah, the buff is pretty nice. Was wrecking adds on Horridon last night.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Was actually coming to paladin forums to ask this. Glad I didn't have to.
Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
It is certainly a good start, but it is a band-aid fix until the likely reworking of Ret in 6.0.

I am certainly enjoying the boost, though.

:D

There isn't really anything structurally wrong with ret though. The mop changes were amazing for the feel of ret, even if they didn't get the initial numbers right.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Yah, I do like where retribution is right now. It feels really good. The only thing I would like is woltk Consecration back.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
We don't really need another button, though; especially not one that doesn't build HoPo. Our AoE is already really strong - borderline insane with the buff.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
but it is a band-aid fix until the likely reworking of Ret in 6.0.

We didn't need a band-aid and considering Blizzard used Mists to fine tune what they started in Cata I don't see them reworking Ret again.

Nor do we need a rework.

We don't really need another button, though; especially not one that doesn't build HoPo. Our AoE is already really strong - borderline insane with the buff.

I still want an AoE that doesn't require a target or HP to use.

We really don't need another button, best solution would be to make HoTR not require a target, but I do miss Consecration.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
05/23/2013 05:52 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
but it is a band-aid fix until the likely reworking of Ret in 6.0.

We didn't need a band-aid and considering Blizzard used Mists to fine tune what they started in Cata I don't see them reworking Ret again.

Nor do we need a rework.

Agreed. I still don't think we really needed it, but I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been uch visible QQ over it.

05/23/2013 05:52 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
I still want an AoE that doesn't require a target or HP to use.

Agreed. Lei Shi was a load of crap for Ret - especially since, from what I've heard, Blizz was warned about that issue with Ret during testing. And LH/HP are well and good, but they're CDs make them useless for that fight.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
It's really annoying not having Consecration. It was one of my favorite paladin abilities.

In current pvp, if you see a rogue stealth you say "Hurray, I'm going to be sapped in a couple seconds without any recourse...".

In pve it's nice to tag groups of mobs and Ret does have gaps in our rotation. It doesn't need to do insane damage but it didn't in Wotlk anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You misunderstand when I say "rework." I simply mean that we will likely have something change for Retribution at some point in the relatively near future. The change will likely not be a simple tweak of one of our passives. This is in reference, in particular, to the PvP aspect of Ret:

https://twitter.com/holinka/status/324393512063864833

@Holinka: I think it requires something new and not a subtle tweak. Which means it could have impact on the rest of the game.

We are certainly in a much better place and I too am happy with the extra push we've received from the SoL buff. Ret feels very competitive now in PvE.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm wondering if they will do a 5.2 and make our last tiers set bonus a passive because unless they make the tier set in 5.4 relatively good 4p t15 will be sticking for a good while.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I'm wondering if they will do a 5.2 and make our last tiers set bonus a passive because unless they make the tier set in 5.4 relatively good 4p t15 will be sticking for a good while.

Or they'll just nerf the Tier 15 bonuses once the next Tier comes out.

They've done that quite often in the past to make people change.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I thought it was in a good place in 5.2 -- provided you had gear, and you knew how to push your buttons correctly.

The 5.3 buff we got is profound. And I'm only running a 2-set at the moment.

I used to never see my name on the front page of Recount ("front page" for me means top 8 slots, which is the window size I use) until I got the 2-set. Since 5.3, it's rare I'm not in the top five -- and I don't consider myself a great player at all.

Ret has always been hard to play great, and easy to play below average. If people are still struggling with it NOW, they either aren't geared enough yet or the problem is operator error.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]