Certain sounds cutting out

55 Gnome Death Knight
I'm in Northern Barrens right now, working on the weekly, and I noticed that some sounds seem to be cutting out.

Specifically, the sound any item makes when you "pick" it up. Like when you click on something and you're to move it, it makes a sound normally (like the clink of metal, the rustle of stone, etc). Or when you loot it, same thing.

But the noise ceases for me now. I logged out and back in, and it worked, for a moment.

I also noticed music getting all garbled in places, such as the Shrine. And some noises being way too loud (i.e. dragons I can hear from far away, seemingly. And the skinners at the Kor'kron meat camp).

Some noise ceases, I should specify. Sounds like my mount's movements, spells casting, those work.
Edited by Cirno on 5/21/2013 4:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I immediately noticed this too. Just made a thread about it in the general forums; wasn't sure if it was a bug or not. I can't handle this change (I mean, I will have to, because WoW is my life) but, I surely hope this was NOT intended and is only a bug. I need my loot noises back, both the currency and loot (item) noises are gone. It's what I seriously enjoy when I solo heroic dungeons. I miss it immensely already :(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Some are having problems, while others are not; from what's being said on the topic I made on the general forums a few minutes ago. I think I'll make an in-game ticket, see if I can get an answer about it that way.
Reply Quote
55 Gnome Death Knight
I'm fairly certain its a bug. Its coming back for me sporadically. I think it may have something amount of ambient noise around the kor'kron camps (though i'll try later to see if I hear it in non-barrens zones).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Well, if it's anything I'm soloing Heroic mode Magister's Terrace (TBC). That's where I'm at right now, and no sounds of coins or item pick-ups.
Reply Quote
55 Gnome Death Knight
So it is elsewhere then, good to know. Hopefully this gets fixed.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
I think it's a general bug with sound this patch, though I'm not sure what's causing it. I thought it was certain addons at first because my sound was going all wonky, but it seems it's an issue prevalent even without them.

Either way, some sounds randomly cut out on me too. Things like looting, the cast sound of some spells (the sound of them casting, not the sound of them "releasing"), mounting up, addon effects, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Oddly, just now, I'm finally hearing the coin sounds (albeit delayed) when I loot - however NOT the items though.
Edited by ßöòtßóöt on 5/21/2013 5:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Happening as well, some sounds begin, stutter halfway through their playback, and then finish normally. It is affecting both sounds from the game, and addons.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
All addon sounds are being truncated by spell sounds now as well. Annoying during raids if you use bossmods.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I'm having the same issue. Sounds that BigWigs and WeakAuras try to play cut out randomly.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
After the 5.3 patch, I have noticed that addon generated sounds (perhaps others) are being cut off mid playback in raid combat.

Before and after the patch, my sound settings were at 64 channels, so is there something different as to new spell effects pushing out addon sounds? If so, are there any fix for this I can do? I even manually changed the config.wtf to increase channels, but it's still happening.

My post in the Tech Support section, though I guess it's a bug since everybody else has it happening now too. It has to do with priority assignment of Sound Channels as well as I can tell.
Edited by Nagabasher on 5/21/2013 6:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Also seeing this issue, mostly with the mobs yelling when they aggro to you and with sounds from addons, such as Deadly Boss Mods.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Blizzard downgraded the priority of addon sound plays relative to SFK, which basically breaks all mods that play encounter-related warnings in raid combat.

This is game-breaking.

Blizzard please roll-back this change to addon sound queuing immediately!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I saw on EJ someone posting "I wonder if they set their channels higher"... just to clarify, I manually set the config.wtf to 96 channels.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Confirming same issue, not just addon sounds but some base game SFX getting cut out or choppy playback. Done all the usual problem solving steps with wtf/inferface and repairing. Also installed new sound drivers. I have heard they are working on a fix, an option to disable the new priority system would be awesome as I have heard this is what is causing the issues.
Edited by Greyfox on 5/22/2013 7:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Same here. I'm having sounds cutting in and out. It's very jarring, and makes the game hard to get into again when there's audio issues like this. This happen as soon as 5.3 went up.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Could this be Why DMB is not working too? i'm not getting any alerts sounds :X
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Could this be Why DMB is not working too? i'm not getting any alerts sounds :X

Yes. This issue is directly causing DBM sounds to not play when triggered.

In order to get your DBM alerts to go off, you need to go into the in-game system sound options and turn Sound Effects off.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]