DBM Problems Since Patch 5.3

90 Troll Druid
Everyone in our 10m raid tonight is having a problem with DBM where it does not play any sounds or noises. The text alerts still show, but the lack of that familiar "Run away, little girl, run away!" is making me sad. I miss that angry voice yelling at me to move. ):

Is anyone else having issues with the DBM sounds? Has anyone found a cause/solution yet?

Also, as far as I know, everyone in the raid has updated to the latest version of DBM since the patch hit today. :) Maybe the new version is not working well?
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Seems to be a sound bug going around. Check the bug forums.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Did you all update DBM?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Yeah, they just did an upgrade a few hours ago.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Yes, we're running on the 5.3.0 (r9592) version of DBM, which we updated right before starting raid a little over an hour ago. =/
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I am having the same problem with DBM and any other addon that plays a sound like GTFO, Weak Auras or Ingela's Rupture. This seems to happen only when you are in combat though. I do a /gtfo test out of combat and it works fine, however in combat it doesn't. Same with DBM. Also have the latest versions.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
This is definitely an issue with mods getting shaft on sound channel priority

this is at blizzards end and nothing mod authors can do about it.
Edited by Omegal on 5/21/2013 7:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
It seems to be related to the number of sounds playing at once, which is why it seems to happen in combat when the game is playing all sorts of sounds.

I think the addon sounds are being given a lower priority vs. the clanky swords and spell casts. If I mute sound effects (but not the master), sounds in GTFO and DBM and Weak Auras all start working again.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Disabled game sounds, now dbm works fine.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Disabled game sounds, now dbm works fine.

But we shouldn't have to do this, personally I enjoy game sounds.

Hopefully Blizzard will fix it on their end.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
You're absolutely right, but DBM and no game sounds is a better scenario for me than the opposite.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Rogue
I really hope Blizzard changes this. I just don't enjoy raiding as well without game sound. It's making raiding difficult also.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
This is the ongoing thread
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8874847641
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]