Why resto shamans got no buff 5.3

90 Pandaren Shaman
Why Did Resto shamans get no Buff in 5.3 ? Yet resto druids get a buff what seem like almost every patch Shamans can be strong in 25man but very weak in 10m esp with half the mechanics in Throne of thunder. Im a little pissed that we were not even looked at for a buff please explain your stupidity blizz entertain me please. Its been a issue since the start of pandaria that resto shamans are not par with other healers i guess all shamans should just reroll there class at this point.
Edited by Teliah on 5/21/2013 5:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So far, one change that was not documented is that CH now jumps to full HP targets. Not exactly a super buff, but it helps prevent situations where a CH is cut short due to injured targets being too far and it not jumping to full health people in the middle to extend the chain.

Additionally, some people report that HR's cap is not acting properly (resembling the change they had tried about keeping full HP targets from counting towards the heal cap). However, I am yet to check if this is actually true; if it is, it would be a small buff to HR's output in some scenarios. I'd consider it to be unintended, however.

Other than that, I'd not expect anything else until 5.4 or maybe even 6.0.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Also Healing tide totem is bugged it isn't healing worth a !@#$.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC

Really? The only bug/change I noticed was HTT was following LoS rules while others don't.
Reply Quote

Not seeing that on my HTT. What numbers are you seeing now?

Really? The only bug/change I noticed was HTT was following LoS rules while others don't.

It also seems to heal people out of your party/raid now, too. Helps to fill the Shrine with pretty green numbers while waiting on a queue.
Edited by Korghal on 5/21/2013 6:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I was in a heroic scenario and with people at 10-20% health it ticked for 45k and im 526 ilvl with 50% mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I have heal with a Shammy in 10m raid, I feel that Shammy really need buff esp when need spread AOE healing. Shammy is too strong in stack healing, but really weak in spread healing. They really need some buff. My HPS > 20k above of that Shammy.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I play all classes of healers...well my monk/Hpally aren't there yet, but working on it.

I support that Shamans need buffs. I hate totems/range on totems. They make it hard on fights you spread.

Keep in mind - I am only 1/12 on this character, mostly LFR experience. But I did play on a Shaman in heroic DS and even back then - they were low.

In 25 man we're great for healing rain and bringing mana tide.

I know I can heal enough on a Shaman to keep a raid up, but I don't want to be way behind other healers in HPS.

I am glad Druid got more buffs(My main is my Rdruid that's 1/13H). I have a Disc priest that's 3/13H and with the nerfs they got - they seem "equal" now. But show Shamans some love!
Reply Quote
I can assure you the pally nerfs effectively buffed resto shaman healing in 25m.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
There is a known bug affecting the behavior of HTT and HST regarding haste. It appears that HTT and HST will gain or lose a tick near their haste breakpoints due to latency issues and might randomly award another tick at arbitrary haste levels. The second part has led the resto community to believe that the haste breakpoints are wrong which is not the case. For all intent and purposes the Haste section and its theorycrafting will reflect the intended behavior of both of these abilities.

Personal observations (special thanks to Mimu for his valuable help) have proved the following. For more detailed information and the observed results refer to the discussion at #69. In short :

1. HST and HTT breakpoints are correct however if you have above 50 world latency chances are that you are going to lose a tick if you are very close to your haste breakpoint more often than not.
2. HTT breakpoints in practice will, to some extent, follow Healing Rains breakpoints. Note that both totems will not follow spell haste breakpoint calculation methods due to their fixed duration so there is no need for time adjustment in the formula (special thanks to Binkestein for his help on that). This means that even though HTT appears to almost coincide with HR breakpoints, by no means their formulas are the same.

[b]As a final note. With the latency issues all of HTT and HST breakpoints are fluid and very unreliable. Just because you hit a haste breakpoint you are not guaranteed an extra tick. It is not therefore recommended to aim for these soft haste caps. For more information on how to reforge do read on. For in-depth explanation refer to

this is a direct section linked from ej going in to the topic of the bugged totems
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
05/22/2013 06:46 PMPosted by Teliah
It appears that HTT and HST will gain or lose a tick near their haste breakpoints due to latency issues and might randomly award another tick at arbitrary haste levels.

This makes no sense. Is the client sending out packets when HTT/HST is supposed to tick? The ticks should be handled entirely by the server, ticks included.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Idk what some of you do in raids but I can't tocuh that kind of throughput on aoe scale...(edit: without blowing most of my mana)

Also if they buffed ur spread healing wouldn't that effectively make you the best healer in every situation? YA RIGHT LOL

Rshamans are fine and very strong healers(fights on normal cant show how strong shamans can be).

25man: PoV
Edited by Requital on 5/23/2013 6:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Idk what some of you do in raids but I can't tocuh that kind of throughput on aoe scale...(edit: without blowing most of my mana)

Also if they buffed ur spread healing wouldn't that effectively make you the best healer in every situation? YA RIGHT LOL

Rshamans are fine and very strong healers(fights on normal cant show how strong shamans can be).

A holy paladin giving their perspective on whether another class' healing output is balanced.

>.>

Stayed tuned for an interview with Ron Jeremy about how size doesn't matter.
Edited by Luvbacon on 5/23/2013 9:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Not at all. Other healers can sustain their output to a bigger or lesser extent while spread, and most still get more benefits when stacked (Holy Radiance, PW:Barrier, Shrooms, etc). Shaman output is not any close to other's while spread, and while stacked we're just breaking even. We're not any close to OP during stacked situations, if that is what you're thinking.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
05/23/2013 04:16 AMPosted by Nahuul
It appears that HTT and HST will gain or lose a tick near their haste breakpoints due to latency issues and might randomly award another tick at arbitrary haste levels.

This makes no sense. Is the client sending out packets when HTT/HST is supposed to tick? The ticks should be handled entirely by the server, ticks included.

Agreed that it makes no sense, but it *is* happening. iirc, shamans who raided DS in Cata said that Haste + totems broke in the pre-MoP patch. Prior to that, they worked properly and ever since then, we've been experiencing *this*. I only hit lvl 90 on my shaman in January; prior to that I was a Mistweaver, and prior to that I was a Disc priest... so I'm the new kid on the block and have no experience with totems that interact properly with Haste >.<
Reply Quote
Totems did not work with Haste before 5.0. In Cata, Healing Stream only inherited our Mastery benefit. Regardless, whether it makes sense or not that totems do not work well with haste, it is something that has been reported and verified by many through the entire expansion and heavily depends on your latency.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
It really irritates me when people say that we are the best at stacked healing. It simply is just not true. We get better, but so does every other class. I can show you graph's of heroic Madera fights where you see paladins, disc priests, and expecially monks spiking higher throughput on the stacked healing.

Shaman healing is broken and a smart raid would not include them on most heroic fights.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

Says the paladin. Paladins have been broken since Wotlk so yea anyway.
P.s. Dont believe me go look at WoL and see how many shamans you see in the top 100 or even top 50 on current content. Dont worry Ill wait.
Edited by Teliah on 5/24/2013 3:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
05/23/2013 04:16 AMPosted by Nahuul

I agree it is weird in nature but it has been a issue for a while now this is not from me it is from elitist jerks im sure on the forums there are other posts and complaints about this issue.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]