Orc or Tauren Hunter?

61 Human Priest
I mean... I'm sure the racials generally won't matter endgame, so on a scale of badassery what do you guys think? I'm leaning towards Tauren because my starsign is Taurus (yeah I know I don't care).

On that note I'm also kind of thinking about rolling a shaman rather than a hunter. Since both classes can be both races this doesn't solve anything. So can I get some input on both matters? Orc vs. Tauren? Shaman vs. Hunter? I hear shamans are kinda poopy right now, but I suppose that's an opinion, and kind of subjective to who's behind the keyboard.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
PvP or PvE?

If PvE then Orc.

If PvP then go play a different game. Wow is dead for PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
If you're going Hunter, Orc would be better, as Pets get a boost, and Bloodlust is a nice on-use racial.

If you're going Shammy, either would be good, but Tauren might be a bit better if you're going Melee Shammy (due to having a Stun and a Health Boost).
Reply Quote
61 Human Priest

I've seen alot of this mentality today, people are pretty upset.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage

Ignore those. A huge majority of the 5.3-PvP complaints are by gankers.
Reply Quote
61 Human Priest

Ignore those. A huge majority of the 5.3-PvP complaints are by gankers.
I think it's pretty trivial... People just like to cry about things they don't like
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
I am a tauren hunter
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
05/22/2013 09:26 AMPosted by Aenthemi
I'm sure the racials generally won't matter endgame, so on a scale of badassery what do you guys think?

On that note: Tauren.
Reply Quote
89 Tauren Hunter
I am also a Tauren hunter, and it's fun.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Troll!
But Hunters are getting a big overhaul in 5.4 and not for the better, so that's food for thought.

Edit: Nevermind, 3 month necro. Please don't necro old threads.
Edited by Acro on 8/23/2013 6:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Troll!
But Hunters are getting a big overhaul in 5.4 and not for the better, so that's food for thought.

That's not true.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Are you kidding me? 5.4 has been a terrible patch for hunters.
Reply Quote
68 Undead Warlock
Whichever one you like better. If it were me, I'd pick a Troll hunter. Not for the racial trait or PvE vs PvP blah blah blah - that's all BS. I like Trolls because they are cool.

Play what you enjoy and you will, you guessed it, enjoy it.
Reply Quote
68 Undead Warlock
Troll!

Why not? Who cares when it was written, ideas last a lifetime.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I would suggest Orc regardless of pvp or pve because as a hunter you will likely be targeted mercilessly, and Taurens simply are a bigger target. The worst decision I made was making my shammy Tauren, regardless of what spec he is always the first one targeted in pvp. The extra stun Taurens get hasn't made up for this as far as I've found, and I've done a decent amount of pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Both equally as bad, I mean a hunters a hunters. Its like asking if you want your brain sucked out through you nose vs your ear, does it really matter?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock

I've seen alot of this mentality today, people are whiney little $%^*@#$.

TFTFY
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
ORC

Orcs are the first hunters. Sure, Tauren also love the hunt... but there's something about a cow, riding a ram, taming a lion that makes me feel weird.

IT AIN'T RIGHT!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Also hunters are quite easy in pvp, the easiest imo. Shammy is still REALLY good though not sure who told you they weren't, but wow is a game of gear first and foremost esp at lower levels. Shammys get to heal, and as an ele can cast on the run. I've seen shammys on top of raids and bgs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]