Question about Disc

90 Blood Elf Priest
If I want to get into healing I'm guessing this is the way to go? Also how is questing in Disc? Does it do good dps as well? Will I need all new gear or just reforge? Obviously I'll need lots of spirit I think it's at 602 right now lol. Any advice would be great!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I found Disc to be quite slow while questing on the PTR. Things may have changed though, but I would recommend Shadow at your level.

If you want to get into healing you should try out Normal 5 mans either while you level or at 90. You will want Spirit on every item - so quest for some more Spirit gear. Or hit 90, do dungeons as Shadow and get healing gear that way.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I found Disc to be quite slow while questing on the PTR. Things may have changed though, but I would recommend Shadow at your level.

If you want to get into healing you should try out Normal 5 mans either while you level or at 90. You will want Spirit on every item - so quest for some more Spirit gear. Or hit 90, do dungeons as Shadow and get healing gear that way.

Slow? Not at all.... i use SW:P>PW:S>Penance and 1-2secs later the mob is dead. For multiple enemies, I bubble, and spam Mind Sear. Probably a really lazy way to do things, but it works well, and fast.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Above like i490 or i500, Disc can throw down some pretty good DPS. At i513, I usually fall somewhere in between 50k and 70k dps. Without using Glyph of Smite.

But for like questing on the IoT, you may just want to use Shadow. Honestly, half the time as Disc I'll pull like 8 mobs, bubble/heal myself, and AOE them down using a lot of SW:P dots and Mind Sear. I probably should be going shad for the shadowform anyway, hah, but at least with Disc I can forever heal myself and basically never die.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
From 85-90 it took me about 12-16 hours playtime as disc. Spec into Mindbender for the added dps and make liberal use of Fear/Void Tendrils. You can alternate between VT and Fear to keep 5-6 mobs occupied at all times. If I have 5-6 mobs all clustered up via VT I mind sear them and aoe them all pretty low before switching to Smite spamming.

You can be surprised at how fast you can level given that you are a class that heals themselves when they are killing stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
05/23/2013 11:36 PMPosted by Ryoishï
Slow? Not at all.... i use SW:P>PW:S>Penance and 1-2secs later the mob is dead.

My comment was in reference to level 85-90 questing. I personally found Shadow quicker on the PTR, although since the damage Penance deals was increased, I would guess Disc is a bit faster now.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Disc is pretty quick, take mindbender and you can melt a mob in about 5 seconds. I find it to be only slightly slower than shadow, and survivability is so much higher, so you can pull more at a time, and dps without stopping to heal because of atonement.

Another hint: take reflective shield for large pulls too.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]