Glyph of Resilient Grip isn't working.

90 Orc Death Knight
My Glyph of resilient Grip isn't resetting its CD when the target is immune to my Death Grip. Anyone know why this is happening? I do alot of battlegrounds so this glyph could be helpful if I can get it to work.
Edited by Äntïchrist on 5/23/2013 7:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
being rooted isn't immune
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
The target has to have an active immunity to "external movement effects" such as knockbacks, and there are very few player abilities that grand this; Pillar of Frost is the only one that easily comes to mind. If you spam Death Grip on a Death Knight with Pillar up, the cooldown will reset per the glyph.

TL;DR: The glyph is pretty much useless in 95% of situations.
Edited by Galishavi on 5/23/2013 11:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
TL;DR: The glyph is pretty much useless in 95% of situations.

This
It'd be better to reset the cd if it fails to move the player, not if is immune.
Edited by Fäbre on 5/24/2013 6:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
It's a minor glyph. It doesn't need a buff.

Honestly, what do you want from it? Wealth, fame, and free skull-shaped cookies?

If anything, this class needs a whole lot less gameplay-influencing minors, and more cosmetic ones. That's supposed to be the point of them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Honestly, what do you want from it? Wealth, fame, and free skull-shaped cookies?
Wealth and fame? Hardly necessary.

Glyph of Resilient Grip has been been renamed to Glyph of Dark Confection. This glyph grants a new ability which summons a plate of delicious skull-shaped cookies for the death knight and her allies to enjoy. The cookies do not restore health or mana, but the imbiber receives a spooky new visual effect for 1 hour, which differs slightly depending on the color of cookie. This ability may only be used at night.

If this were to ever happen, it might help facilitate my dream to play on Moon Guard as a sad and morose individual who, ever since losing her family to the scourge, has turned their anger at the world and cares only for inflicting as much cruelty and destruction as possible-- all the while concealing a secret fondness for fashioning artisan-quality baked treats and delivering them anonymously to their friends (who know, but pretend not to).

Would be *amazing* at Hallow's End parties, too.
Edited by Rabdragon on 5/25/2013 1:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]