WW Monk or rogue 5.3 arena /rbgs

90 Undead Mage
I have a 85 rogue and 85 monk and I'm debating which one to focus on, can anyone give me some more insight on each class and what they bring to the table in 5.3 also in your opinion which is more fun to play, and more valuable to the "team"
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I personally love my rogue. I love the fact that we can choose who to open on but the down side is that I find myself being the one who sits there making sure the healer (or chosen target) is stunned. I mean it's great and all being the person that helps the team down something fast. With monk though i cannot talk much about. My highest monk is 54 but from what I have seen in arenas and duels is the fact they can survive so damm well. They have so much utility against many classes. Monks can counteract burst very well, say a warrior pops one shot macro you can ring of piece or choose to use Touch of Karma and redirect the damage to him. It just depends on if you want to be on the squishy side but down people fast or be harder to kill and still do big hits.
Edited by Tilez on 7/7/2013 7:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
It really depends on your playing style and the class your partner has ( arena ) . Rogues are awsome and I prefer doing arenas with him than my monk . I think that a rogue would bring more to the table but then again , it's up to you really . Experience them at 90 and get a feel for them
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
In both arenas and RBGs you'll get more done with a Rogue. Most players just aren't open to taking Windwalkers, especially not in RBGs.

But hell, I gotta say, Windwalker is SUPER fun to play. Feels good.

Pretty much this one very point.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Can't talk much about RBG's haven't played them since cata, but in arena as a rogue you have to work 10 times harder than every other class to get results still not as good as every other class. They are pretty fun though, just not that great atm.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
I find the biggest problem on my Monk is as mentioned, nobody really wants us for anything. Whenever I'm on my partners tell me to log over and play something like my Lock or Hunter, however WW is very fun and can be just as effective if played well.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
ele sham
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
WW monks are amazing if played right, and faceroll with disc in 2s, if you're not too serious about arena.

They have tons of utility, ranged cc thats undispellable, tons of disarms, silences, stuns, amazing mobility, survivability, if you can press touch of karma, and diffuse magic fast enough(LOL).

The problem with monk community(ww) is that most people who rerolled and qq, are players who thought monks would be a hero/god class, most of them are just typical average players who think, they're stuck in lower brackets because they have it harder than everyone else.

The truth is, monks are great if played right.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
ele sham
fer lyfe
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
WW monks are amazing if played right, and faceroll with disc in 2s, if you're not too serious about arena.

They have tons of utility, ranged cc thats undispellable, tons of disarms, silences, stuns, amazing mobility, survivability, if you can press touch of karma, and diffuse magic fast enough(LOL).

The problem with monk community(ww) is that most people who rerolled and qq, are players who thought monks would be a hero/god class, most of them are just typical average players who think, they're stuck in lower brackets because they have it harder than everyone else.

The truth is, monks are great if played right.

Any of the community that thought we'd be godly didn't listen to the beta monks' discussions, and are long gone playing elemental/bm right now.

WW is a moderately well rounded spec with a few chinks in our armor that can get us demolished quickly, but most specs are like that.

There is a reason though that WW monks were among the lowest in rep, though we seem to be slowly climbing with rogue/feral rerolls I imagine in preparations for next patch.

tl;dr WW isn't the best, but we aren't the worst.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Any of the community that thought we'd be godly didn't listen to the beta monks' discussions, and are long gone playing elemental/bm right now.

WW is a moderately well rounded spec with a few chinks in our armor that can get us demolished quickly, but most specs are like that.

There is a reason though that WW monks were among the lowest in rep, though we seem to be slowly climbing with rogue/feral rerolls I imagine in preparations for next patch.

tl;dr WW isn't the best, but we aren't the worst.

Never said ww was the best, they but they arent as bad as people think, they perfectly capable of r1, hunter/disc/ww is really strong.

WW doesnt get demolished quickly either, double trinket, with touch of karma, which lasts 12 seconds I believe, is enough to laugh at enemy cd's, among with port, and best mobility in game...

Not to mention the reason why 2,2k+ monk rep isnt high, is because there arent thay many monks to begin with, people didnt reroll because it wasnt a strong spec before, until the rop change, and then with res change, they became a lot more godly, just like ferals did.

For example, look at fire mages, very strong spec, 2.8% global rep, capable of r1, tier 1 comps, yet only 0.6% of all players above 2.2k are fire mages, where ww monks, same global rep, yet more than twice as many above 2.2k, yet fire is better.

Statistics dont mean anything, spec wise, everything lies within viable comps, and ww, sadly, only has one, but a very strong one. Which makes it viable, also ww/sp/rshaman is also really strong.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I main a rogue and have been gearing up my monk the past couple weeks in BGs. The biggest differences I've found are:

No vanish on monk (obviously) means that your "gotta get away" choices are transcendence or flying crane kick (or whatever it's called). If you're rooted/gripped, you don't have the same outs that a rogue does.

Fists of Fury. gawd I hate/love it.

Many fewer keybinds for my monk. That may be because I'm much more familiar with my rogue, but it makes it easier to get into PvP.

I feel more useful as a rogue, but I having as much, if not more, fun on my monk currently.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
I personally prefer my monk over my rogue. The class feels great and once you learn how to play it you can do some pretty amazing things on a monk. Flying around arenas and battlegrounds never gets old
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]