Hit and Exp cap

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
So I'm told everyone needs to be hit and exp capped, 7.4% doesn't even cut it.

Reason being, I lost agro to a rogue.

On horridon.

As I was moving him.

Is this person completely retarded, or is there some truth behind his words? Because Ask Mr Robot says nothing about hit/exp and as long as you don't have threat problems(which I almost never have, unless something like the above happens) I'm told I don't need it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Rogue didnt trix you to help establish threat. Bad rogue is bad.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Was this during a gate change or during initial pull? If it is during the gate change then WTF was the rogue doing? If you are having some threat problems think about investing in to the DRW glyph. Also if there are any adds up at all and someone is dpsing Horridon with out being told to they should be slapped in the face... and if they continue kicked.

That is why I am not the raid leader for my guild lol.
Reply Quote
It was during initial, as i was moving him.
Edited by Volkov on 5/26/2013 10:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
It was during initial, as i was moving him.

A good way to maintain a massive amount of threat on initial pull is to AotD, HoW, death strike, DRW, outbreak, anything else but make sure you run out of runes then empower before DRW wears off. That should give you enough threat to move him properly. How ever if this is still a problem then just ask the rogue not to pop cds on initial pull. The damage done at the start of the fight is very minimal compared to the dps later on. I mean... 200% increase damage vs none with also the chance for him to be healed (if you mess up an interupt on dino which should never happen).

You don't need crazy dps at the start of the fight. You need crazy dps for the end of the fight. Any mds or trix need to go to you on the initial pull. Your raid leader should understand how minimal early dps is for that fight.
Reply Quote
55 Worgen Mage
Rogue was bein dumb. Damage against Horridon is completely trivial at the start and he/she is probably poppin cds for absolutely no reason.

Tell them to not be bad and not to do that unless they toss you a tricks at the start to give you time to establish aggro.

Edit - Though it isn't bad to hit the caps. Slightly under doesn't really hurt because the chances of missin with even a .1% chance to miss are pretty ridiculously low. The chances of that miss bein that all important one that cause the wipe are even fewer.
Edited by Jabawock on 5/26/2013 10:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@Falrin

Its Horridon.

IE I had to move the boss into his spot quickly so he doesn't double swipe the raid.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
@Falrin

Its Horridon.

IE I had to move the boss into his spot quickly so he doesn't double swipe the raid.

I don't remember saying not to move him... unless you are actually turning around and showing your cute butt to Horridon. If that is the case then I can't facepalm hard enough. Not only that but NO ONE I repeat NO ONE should be in front or behind him except the tank currently tanking him.
Reply Quote
@Falrin

Its Horridon.

I don't remember saying not to move him... unless you are actually turning around and showing your cute butt to Horridon. If that is the case then I can't facepalm hard enough. Not only that but NO ONE I repeat NO ONE should be in front or behind him except the tank currently tanking him.

No, this thread is about how I lost agro to a rogue as I was pulling horridon from his "spawn" to the door.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Tell him to get omen then get off your nuts.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]