Nerfs incoming?

100 Human Warlock
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/
" Warlock
Warlocks do great damage in most situations, mitigate a lot of damage, and provide a lot of utility, making them almost too attractive in raids. Damage mitigation may be the thing to be nerfed, but we will know more when Patch 5.4 hits the PTR.
"
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Kil jaeden's cunning too, GC mentioned in one of the fansite interviews that it was "too good".
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Kil jaeden's cunning too, GC mentioned in one of the fansite interviews that it was "too good".

Must've been one of those secret fansite interviews that nobody can find on the web. I really dont see KJC getting nerfed this xpac.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
hes talking about pve in that interview so they'll likely nerf the talents that raiders take like soul leech in the first tier, they might also nerf the hp bonus of soul link/sacrifice which im 100% ok with because sacrificial pact shield is 100x better in pvp
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
05/27/2013 04:21 AMPosted by Zeedrate

Must've been one of those secret fansite interviews that nobody can find on the web. I really dont see KJC getting nerfed this xpac.

The gist of the quote is that traditionally, melee have been standout classes on movement heavy fights, with range being standout on fights with anti-melee mechanics (shockwaves, cleaves etc). Currently with all the changes, many ranged classes have next to no disadvantage on movement heavy fights. Melee are either going to be buffed, or ranged movement is going to be nerfed
Edited by Malfos on 5/27/2013 5:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
incoming nerfs seem to be a state of perpetual being for us locks, each xpac we bet buffed to high hell and then we slowly get chipped away at till the next xpac and the cycle repeats
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
they might also nerf the hp bonus of soul link/sacrifice which im 100% ok with because sacrificial pact shield is 100x better in pvp

Sacrificial Pact is also 100x better in PvE, and is the largest contributor to our OP mitigation after Soul Leech.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
05/27/2013 04:21 AMPosted by Zeedrate

From http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/2178-patch-53-interview-with-the-wow-design-team/
There is also a continuum here: casting Lightning Bolt while moving isn’t a big balance problem, but something like passive Kil’jaeden’s Cunning might be.

Yeah well the quote isn't what I originally stated, but it's pretty similar.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock

From http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/2178-patch-53-interview-with-the-wow-design-team/
[quote]There is also a continuum here: casting Lightning Bolt while moving isn’t a big balance problem, but something like passive Kil’jaeden’s Cunning might be.

"Rather than making casters terrible at moving, we’d rather develop a niche that melee are really good at. For example, we could emphasize that melee are really good at cleaving multiple targets, or they could be more survivable, or both. We are going to explore these ideas more."

You could've finished the quote... in no way does this imply a nerf to KJC.
Edited by Zeedrate on 5/27/2013 6:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock

[quote]There is also a continuum here: casting Lightning Bolt while moving isn’t a big balance problem, but something like passive Kil’jaeden’s Cunning might be.

"Rather than making casters terrible at moving, we’d rather develop a niche that melee are really good at. For example, we could emphasize that melee are really good at cleaving multiple targets, or they could be more survivable, or both. We are going to explore these ideas more."

It does if they can't find a niche. I can't see ranged players sitting there getting smashed in meters in multitarget fights, and survivability is frankly pointless in a raid.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
Soul Leech could probably use a nerf if anything has to be nerfed. That talent makes me not take any damage at all in several fights.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock

I'm not going to lie, seeing the end of the quote made me chuckle. Dialogue can be so easily manipulated.

That being said, Soul Leech seems to be overperforming for Destruction and underperforming for Affliction (not sure how it is for Demo). I'm sure a tweaking of the formula could fix whatever survivability problems we seem to be having.

Keep in mind that Soul Leech used to be a heal, and was changed to an absorb shield. It was a move designed to give us more survivability. It can always be changed again if we have too much, without touching KJC.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Soul Leech is OP for destro. I think it is actually perfect for Demonology, and relatively weak for affliction. If they wanted to balance it, they'd have to remove Chaos Bolt from the list of spells that contribute to it, or nerf how much it contributes.

With Demo I very rarely if at all have a large shield and it provides in my estimate fair mitigation over the fight.

For destro however, hitting 400k chaos bolts means you get an instant 40k shield, over the course of DS that means you can have 200k in mitigation or more. I really like this talent though not just because it is good but because, well... it's warlocky and a cool concept.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You need to get hit with the biggest nerfbat that's ever been created.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You need PvP nerfs. It's so sad how OP you are. Even the village idiot could play your class and win.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Better throw up your immunity shield and run off before more warlocks come in here
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
You need PvP nerfs. It's so sad how OP you are. Even the village idiot could play your class and win.

How about we get to the point where locks actually have average arena representation for once before saying they need nerfs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
That's coming from a Pally that no longer needs a Trinket for anything? "I'm stunned? JK Devo Aura. I'm CC'd? JK Bubble. I'm Silenced? JK Devotion Aura.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
use suc or imp,let the aggro go for you, use hand of guldan [the right way of using it] , but yeah it will be slower than a warrior.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
88904008180:
It does if they can't find a niche. I can't see ranged players sitting there getting smashed in meters in multitarget fights, and survivability is frankly pointless in a raid.

Maybe in the LFR.

88907499532:
With Demo I very rarely if at all have a large shield and it provides in my estimate fair mitigation over the fight.

Meta Soulfires get the job done for me, *especially* during Dark Soul, ermahgerd!
Edited by Xythin on 5/30/2013 12:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]