Killing mistweaver monks

90 Human Warrior
Can someone explain how it's done?

Had 2 cases of 2v2 arena tonight that ended in losses (one was actually a draw - we timed out cause neither team could kill each other) due to me being unable to kill the monk, so I was wondering if anyone has some ideas I could try? Low skill monks aren't an issue, it's the ones who know their class back to front I'm inquiring about.

They seem not to care terribly much about being interrupted, which is usually where my healer kills sprout from.

I'm running warr/shammy if it's any help, I've also tried CCing the monk and hitting the dps, but it never seems to last long enough to get the win.

Thanks in advance
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
i always switch to shock wave for mistweavers, doing a charge stun then waiting 2 seconds and shockwaving seems like a decent way to kill them, if you are runnign with a healer kill their statue.

they are squishy when you connect, but it isnt easy to connect, you might laso want to try hindering strikes, re-applying a slow as soon as it falls it very important.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Have you tried grouping with another dps? You deserve those 20 min losses if you play a healer team.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Have you tried grouping with another dps? You deserve those 20 min losses if you play a healer team.

warriors need a healer. you probably have never played one.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I pretty much have shockwave set in stone, I only rarely switch for !@#$s and giggles, but Hindering strikes may be what I'm missing, thanks for the advice.

Also, I actually play burst teams more frequently than I do dps/healer, I really enjoy teaming with classes that can hold things in place for me to go to town on.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior

they are squishy when you connect, but it isnt easy to connect, you might laso want to try hindering strikes, re-applying a slow as soon as it falls it very important.

Spending a Major Glyph and 30 Rage for a weak !@# blow that snares, isn't exactly a good idea. Hamstring costs 7 Rage and has a 1 sec GCD, and Piercing Howl costs 10 Rage and snares everything within 15 yards, a great anti-kiting tool. The only advantage Hindering Strikes has is that it's off the GCD, but it still takes up a Major Glyph spot and eats up 3x the Rage (when we actually need our Rage now).

But yeah, your best bet is to Charge the MW, wait for his Dematerialize to end, then Shockwave, pop your burst macro, and hope you get lucky with a long string of Crits to kill him (which isn't that likely, since they nerfed Recklessness from +50% Crit to +30% Crit)
Edited by Korbu on 5/25/2013 5:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Undead Warrior
If they're geared correctly and played by a good player it should not be possible for you to 1v1 them. Period. It just won't happen.

You can take out those that are sub-par by just waiting for their stun Bull. Make sure you have Double Time, Shockwave, and Storm Bolt.
Stack sunders, apply debuffs as necessary, and then Charge, back up while their Miss buff is active, then Pop CDs and Charge again. Shockwave immediately and go to town. Storm Bolt when they roll away and just run to them. If they roll again Heroic Leap.

That's pretty much the only way I know of to get them down, and that's if they don't have Bubble, Ring of Peace, or their Shields up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]