why was DI removed?

90 Human Warrior
Seriously, I don't get why DI was taken out of the game. It's not a very good griefing tool, and honestly, outside of a long run, who really cares about wipe prevention? I just thought it was funny to randomly DI people back in the day (on my palleh, of course, not this toon).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You think this is a game?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It got removed in 4.0
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
WHY WAS THIS REMOVED MANY MOONS AGO!?!?
Reply Quote
Best pally spell imo. I loved that thing.

WTB DI!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
05/25/2013 09:49 AMPosted by Williame
It's not a very good griefing tool, and honestly

I just thought it was funny to randomly DI people back in the day (on my palleh, of course, not this toon).

Right...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's not a very good griefing tool, and honestly

I just thought it was funny to randomly DI people back in the day (on my palleh, of course, not this toon).

Right...

Right, which part? This toon. And yes it was removed long ago, I get that. Not the point. The point being that I still scratch my head at why it was removed.

Look, I just don't understand why something that was fun (even for just some people) was taken out of a GAME who's entire purpose is to entertain us.

Edited to add: The reason I'm posting this just now is that I haven't played my pally in a while and I just started doing so again. I enjoy hpallying (except for question - which, no way am I questing as holy).
Edited by Renford on 5/25/2013 1:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Druid
Was buggy in raids.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
People were using it to game some raid encounters, Blizzard said they were tired of designing around it and poof it's gone.

I think they were exaggerating and I too miss it.

Along with other abilities that there wasn't even the most far fetched excuse for removing, like Sense Undead.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 5/25/2013 3:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Was buggy in raids.

So the response is to get rid of it? blah.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I really miss that spell. Sure its basically worthless but damn if it could save a run back when we wipe. :/
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Was buggy in raids.

I really don't see why. How is it any different than a hunter using Feign Death, Rogue using Vanish or a Mage using Invisibility?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
As much as I miss it as well, was there really any use for it? I know that all I used it for was to mess around with friends.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
05/25/2013 01:35 PMPosted by Renford

Right...

Right, which part? This toon. And yes it was removed long ago, I get that. Not the point. The point being that I still scratch my head at why it was removed.

Look, I just don't understand why something that was fun (even for just some people) was taken out of a GAME who's entire purpose is to entertain us.

Edited to add: The reason I'm posting this just now is that I haven't played my pally in a while and I just started doing so again. I enjoy hpallying (except for question - which, no way am I questing as holy).

"Its not a very good griefing tool yet you were able to randomly DI people. Not only did you basically incapacitate them, you killed yourself."

Its a good griefing tool. That wasn't the reason they removed it but its the reason why I quoted it is because you made a hypocrite out of yourself
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Look, I just don't understand why something that was fun (even for just some people) was taken out of a GAME who's entire purpose is to entertain us

While it seemed like fun for griefing, as an actual game mechanic it just wasn't that good compared to some wipe recovery abilities (such as the ones that let rezzers stay alive) and far too good compared to others (such as the ones that didn't).
Edited by Ganthen on 5/26/2013 11:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Personally, I miss it. It was a mechanic that forced you to sacrifice yourself to potentially save the group, a mechanic that worked better if people paid attention and set themselves up to receive it when in an emergency situation. It wasn't a perfect mechanic, but it served a purpose and was pretty fun to use. They probably just got rid of it because they don't want the paladin class to have that functionality, not that the ability did or didn't do what they intended. I do miss it though.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It could bug out certain encounters and people were always finding new and inventive ways to cheese mechanics with it. I just used it to save repair bills.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Used to use it to cheese mechanics.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
i think it got removed because aliance now has shamans. In van, horde only had shamans, and aliance had pallys. shaman had anak, pally had DI, and of corse locs had ss. 2 let you die, and self rez, 1 saved you from dieing.
I figured DI would eventualy get removed when rogues vanish stoped working on boss encounters unless you were the last 1 standing, and even then, it didint always work. This was the change they made were every1 in the instance was put into combat once the boss encounter was started. That 1 simple change, was drastic, and had a lot of effects on the game, including paving the path to get rid of DI

and also fyi, back in the day, you had a 2 minutes to accept a rez. it wasnt uncommon for a druid to toss a battle rez to a healer or some one that could rez right befor they died, and the healer/rezer would accept it after the boss reset.
Edited by Knockerz on 5/28/2013 1:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
88903497342:
I just thought it was funny to randomly DI people back in the day

Hahaha yeah, if you got into a bad group with a cocky tank.. I'd DI him in a fight then bubble hearth out and let them wipe lol..

Maybe that's why it was removed....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]