A couple paladin questions

90 Human Paladin
For ret, I was wondering about seal of truth vs seal of justice dps.

Is there an established test done that has determined which has more dps?

For holy, How much better is eternal flame than word of glory? Is selfless healer a viable alternative?

- This is all relating to PvP -

Thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
---snip that out :p

and as a healer don't take Selfless healer, either take EF or SS
Edited by Varexion on 5/25/2013 5:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Seal of justice does 20% extra not 9% though..
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
He was thinking of Righteousness.

Truth does do more damage than Justice. I don't know what the exact difference is, but Censure does enough damage by itself to outdo the increased weapon damage of Justice. It's basically a tradeoff between doing more damage or slowing your opponent.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Oops, yeah I was. lol sorry about that. :P

^^ keten, up here has it right.
Reply Quote
95 Tauren Paladin

Truth does do more damage than Justice. I don't know what the exact difference is, but Censure does enough damage by itself to outdo the increased weapon damage of Justice. It's basically a tradeoff between doing more damage or slowing your opponent.

Take into consideration your uptime on the target aswell. High uptime - Truth. Low uptime -Justice.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Glyph of Immediate Truth (15.6% weapon damage, half-damage Censure) is a DPS loss after approximately five seconds on the target, which means it takes ~5 seconds for half of your Censure damage to outweigh ~4% extra weapon damage. So it should also take only ~5 seconds for full Censure damage from SoT to outweigh 8% extra weapon damage from SoJ.
05/25/2013 10:17 PMPosted by Jackßauer
Take into consideration your uptime on the target aswell. High uptime - Truth. Low uptime -Justice.

You can build and maintain Censure stacks with Judgment, so Truth still does more damage even if you spend a lot of time not in melee range.

It really does just come down to deciding between the extra damage and the snare, as Keten says.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ret pallies don't really have "uptime" issues if you use our abilities right.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]