Resto Druid Seeking advice.

I just cant seem to find what im looking for.
Right now im running 6652 haste. I would like to know if its better to Run the 3043 soft cap with mastery stacked or 6652 soft in a 25 man raid environment. As well as what is better for ten man raids. Not sure with the 5.3 changes what way to go. I run good numbers with 6652 and my item lvl is only 501 atm. Please help and give me some incite to what other druids are doing.

Thanks Guys/Gals
Garmis
Mal'ganis
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
If you go 6652 haste rating rather than 3043 haste, you gain;

+1 tick of lifebloom.
+1 tick of regrowth's hot, if you havn't glyphed it.
+1 tick of WG.

If you go 6652 haste rating rather than 3043 haste, you lose;
8% or so mastery (Flat buff to ALL of your heals)
A couple thousand spirit which is sustainability on encounters

You're reaching for a higher haste breakpoint and in doing so, you're throwing away a ton of mastery which buffs every single heal you do. Including Wild Growth, which you seem to be seeking to buff. The net result of losing that mastery, but gaining a tick, is essentially a wash for WG. No big difference in actual healing you're doing.

However, for those +1 ticks of WG, you have nerfed every single other spell you have.

I have some general advice for you;
First and foremost, gem and enchant your gear properly. You ignored some socket bonuses (+120 INT!!) just to stack haste gems in your chest etc.. things like that are very bad.

I would recommend doing some research, read some guides.

Other than that, 6652 is terrible. You currently get 9 ticks of Wild Growth and give up a tonnn of mastery/spirit.
Do this;

Drop down to 3043 haste rating.
Drop Incarnation.
Use Soul of the Forest.

Assuming you use Swiftmend right before EVERY WG, which you absolutely should be doing because you have the T14 4set bonus that lines up swiftmend with WG, That Gives you more ticks of WG than you currently have + A flat boost to all healing + spirit. Essentially you have 3600 stat points going to waste.

Edit; Resto Druids aren't all about Haste breakpoints anymore. The mastery scaling is far too high for us to ignore. I'm currently probably about 1000 over the 3043 haste breakpoint. give or take a little.
But I can't drop any more haste. I've already reforged out of all haste I can, and I do not gem/enchant haste.

Honestly, mastery is so far more valuable that reaching that breakpoint will always be a theorhetical loss until we can reach it without giving up any mastery and we simply have no mana issues that we absolutely do not want spirit (and at that point, quite honestly, crit might scale better rofl). Haste breakpoints are simply no longer the go to stat for resto druids.
Edited by Tonydanza on 5/26/2013 5:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
At your gear level, I would recommend dropping back down to 3043 to pick up mastery and spirit to taste. 6652 becomes more viable when your ilvl gets closer to 520 or so and it becomes increasingly difficult to reforge out of haste. After that, I'd say give both builds a shot and see which one you prefer. I've run 6652 haste since Terrace and dislike playing the usual 3043 build, but that's just me.

As a side note: haste boosts RPPM rates, so depending on the trinkets you're running, you can squeeze out a little more regen/throughput from those procs. Since most people don't let their LBs bloom on a regular basis, it's generally safe to assume that, with near-100% uptime, LB's effectiveness scales directly with haste through faster ticks. The extra tick does have some minor impact on ToL LB spamming.
Edited by Gloostick on 5/26/2013 9:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
If you go 6652 haste rating rather than 3043 haste, you gain;

+1 tick of lifebloom.
+1 tick of regrowth's hot, if you havn't glyphed it.
+1 tick of WG.

If you go 6652 haste rating rather than 3043 haste, you lose;
8% or so mastery (Flat buff to ALL of your heals)
A couple thousand spirit which is sustainability on encounters

You're reaching for a higher haste breakpoint and in doing so, you're throwing away a ton of mastery which buffs every single heal you do. Including Wild Growth, which you seem to be seeking to buff. The net result of losing that mastery, but gaining a tick, is essentially a wash for WG. No big difference in actual healing you're doing.

However, for those +1 ticks of WG, you have nerfed every single other spell you have.

I have some general advice for you;
First and foremost, gem and enchant your gear properly. You ignored some socket bonuses (+120 INT!!) just to stack haste gems in your chest etc.. things like that are very bad.

I would recommend doing some research, read some guides.

Other than that, 6652 is terrible. You currently get 9 ticks of Wild Growth and give up a tonnn of mastery/spirit.
Do this;

Drop down to 3043 haste rating.
Drop Incarnation.
Use Soul of the Forest.

Assuming you use Swiftmend right before EVERY WG, which you absolutely should be doing because you have the T14 4set bonus that lines up swiftmend with WG, That Gives you more ticks of WG than you currently have + A flat boost to all healing + spirit. Essentially you have 3600 stat points going to waste.

Edit; Resto Druids aren't all about Haste breakpoints anymore. The mastery scaling is far too high for us to ignore. I'm currently probably about 1000 over the 3043 haste breakpoint. give or take a little.
But I can't drop any more haste. I've already reforged out of all haste I can, and I do not gem/enchant haste.

Honestly, mastery is so far more valuable that reaching that breakpoint will always be a theorhetical loss until we can reach it without giving up any mastery and we simply have no mana issues that we absolutely do not want spirit (and at that point, quite honestly, crit might scale better rofl). Haste breakpoints are simply no longer the go to stat for resto druids.

You forgot that swiftmend also gains a tick. You are also ignoring the significant boost to RPPM enchants/trinkets/meta.

Also, please explain how 6652-3042 =

8% mastery and couple thousand spirit? At most it is 7.49% mastery OR some value less than that and some spirit.

Overall you are generally undervaluing the gain by going to 6652, while I agree that 3043 is stronger right now, especially for the OP, statements like:

and at that point, quite honestly, crit might scale better rofl

will always be a theorhetical loss until we can reach it without giving up any mastery

..are just wrong.

Additionally, you might be surprised to find out that 6652 actually sims higher than mastery builds in treecalcs. While I do not agree with the rotation it uses (specifically how it fits in this tier) it can not be ignored...

I see 6652 as easily being my target next tier, especially with the legendary cloak.
Edited by Fangthorn on 5/26/2013 10:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
Too bad some of us are stuck at 0/12 after six weeks still(0 for 36)! Cloak isn't real.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
Drop Incarnation.

I wouldn't necessarily suggest dropping this for SotF if you raid 10m. That CD is extremely valuable.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
I'm in favor of quicker hot ticks.

Haste all the way buddy!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
Haste vs CD used for instant regrowths (tank healing)/ mana regen = not comparable. It's just that if you 2heal in 10m a lot, this CD is lot more valuable.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Haste vs CD used for instant regrowths (tank healing)/ mana regen = not comparable. It's just that if you 2heal in 10m a lot, this CD is lot more valuable.

It kind of varries from one fight to the other. Currently I'm playing around with force of nature on stack fights.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
05/26/2013 11:04 PMPosted by Stratis

It kind of varries from one fight to the other. Currently I'm playing around with force of nature on stack fights.

Yeah, I haven't had the chance to even try it out because I 2heal every heroic fight 'cept Prim & Council. Of which... Neither you are stacked. And I much prefer Incarnation whilst 2healing.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the reply's.
Ill try some of this out and see how it goes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]