It's not as bad as you think... Gundrak.

2 Human Paladin
It's really not!

It's Gundrak, yes it's currently the lowest population for the Oceanic servers but it's the small town feel it has which makes it a good little server.

Please stop ragging on the server - it's not as bad as people think it is.

Want to freely quest or do things in the world without getting ganked repeatedly? Or farm those items or rares? Whether or not I am the only one who thinks being on a low population server is good, idk.

Both factions have the regulars and small communities - it's great and I absolutely love the server.. it's not about population it's about the people who are there that make it a nice place to be.

For anyone who might be thinking of trying out a new server or making an alt etc etc, I can almost guarantee you - you won't be disappointed. Gundrak isn't floating with players and if you enjoy some peace and quiet then it might be a home for you.

I understand it might not be everybody's cup of tea but you don't know until you try it out

(and no I'm not trying to make people play on the server! Just voicing my opinion!)

Throwing my opinion out there to hopefully get players to stop giving Gundrak a hard time and labeling it as a bad server due to population.
Edited by Terriblelol on 5/26/2013 6:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Put a toon on that server in Horde trade last night to check it out, asked if anyone was awake and wanted to talk, 0 response, whereas on most servers even if I ask if anyone nice is online, I will at least get a "no. no log out" lol. Gundrak is completely dead.
Reply Quote
2 Human Paladin
Depends on what time you tried tbh.

I'm Horde there but Alliance is more dominant. Also asking if there is anyone nice online usually triggers some sort of troll response (no matter what server it is ><)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I have alts on Gundrak and I think the other post is missing the point.

People go there BECAUSE it is quiet. Personally, I go there to make gold.

All servers have their value. This idea that only high population servers offer value is short sighted and ridiculous. Especially considering the game is moving away from server based play.

If people want a place to get away from nagging guildies, to hunt for pets or to track down mounts and pets etc, then Gundrak is the place to do it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Doesn't CRZ pretty much negate all the productivity and efficiency points?
Reply Quote
2 Human Paladin
I have alts on Gundrak and I think the other post is missing the point.

People go there BECAUSE it is quiet. Personally, I go there to make gold.

All servers have their value. This idea that only high population servers offer value is short sighted and ridiculous. Especially considering the game is moving away from server based play.

If people want a place to get away from nagging guildies, to hunt for pets or to track down mounts and pets etc, then Gundrak is the place to do it.

Hi Aislinge :) I'll pretty much say you have it spot on. I haven't had any issues with CRZ if I am hunting for a particular pet, rare etc etc. Gundrak has a great little community and I'm glad I am apart of it!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Doesn't CRZ pretty much negate all the productivity and efficiency points?

Actually, no because CRZ only kicks in in particular zones and at particular times. When pets are sometimes spread across levels from 1-25, if you're more interested in chasing a rare and a particular combo rather than the level, this can be of advantage.

Other advantages are a higher rate of return on AH items, access to a non-competitive BMAH, apparent reduced competition for rare spawns (I seem to have far better luck on Gundrak than on Dath tbh) plus just overall less noise.

Don't get me wrong, Dath is hardly a head case server, but I've also got toons on the high pop servers and sometimes, you just want to do your own thing, still be productive, still be able to contribute to those other toons on the other servers without people nattering in trade or in say all day :)
Reply Quote
2 Human Paladin
Other advantages are a higher rate of return on AH items, access to a non-competitive BMAH, apparent reduced competition for rare spawns (I seem to have far better luck on Gundrak than on Dath tbh) plus just overall less noise.

This. Exactly this.
Reply Quote
2 Human Paladin
STAY up there!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Gundrak use to have so many trolls.... I feel so lonely =(
Reply Quote
2 Human Paladin
Despite my name which has no relation whatsoever lol

I haven't seen many trolls around tbh that or I just don't pay much attention to trade chat when I'm actually in trade.

There's the good, the bad and the ugly with every server :P

The usual Renigade even he has settled down a bit lol.

All in all it's a nice place to be and I'll never move from it unless Blizzard actually decide to do a server merge (then I just hope we don't end up with a heap of trolls..)
Edited by Terriblelol on 6/9/2013 8:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
2 Human Paladin
Was fun out in Durotar earlier Shamknight :P

With the upcoming feature of "Virtual Realms" hopefully the lower population PvP servers get put together. I assume this will be the case since the lowest population for Oceanic are in fact PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yeah I just popped a post in the Virtual Realm thread in the Oceanic Forum. I'm sure many will disagree with me but done correctly, it may be the saving grace for servers like Gundrak, Dath, Saurfang.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I wish i had a friend on gundrak so they can invite me to a group and phase to their realm., just so i can exploit this tiny little place for rares and ores.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Haha! I would but I'd not be of much use to you :( All mine aren't high enough to pull a 90 over :(
Reply Quote
1 Orc Monk
from the point of this thread.. is to make it known that its not a bad server? dont think they are looking for people to ninja their rares and ores. should stay on that pitiful server you call Frostmourne.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
shamknight ! ure the guy keep coming horde shrine ! damn u !
Reply Quote
36 Pandaren Monk
Judging a server based on trolling general chat is such a good way to determine it's liveliness.

Having said that Gundrak is quiet, yes. It is the library of the oceanic selections.

If you want to RBG then don't come to Gundrak is my only advice.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Gundrak IS bad, it always has been, but I wouldn't have it any other way. <3

It's the back alley of servers where I get my regular hit of WoW.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I remember the days of gundrak. The streets of stormwind Empty auction house silent.

I remember picking herbs and mining ore and making the profit margin like 160% higher than what the average is

stuff sold... but there were not even enough people to buy all of it. kept having to put it back in the ah for 48 hours
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]