I want Destro as my 3rd 90 but....

90 Blood Elf Mage
I really hate how rain of fire is mandatory on single targets and only last 7 secs.....

I heard they may change this. Has anyone confirmed?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I believe GC said they were going to look at Rain of Fire changes for 5.4
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
they said they were going to look into increasing the ember gain from other spells
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
RoF mandatory in single targets? maybe that's what I'm doing wrong...
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
It's not just the ember generation. RoF gives you one more spell going on in the background to potentially proc your trinkets.
Edited by Khyden on 5/27/2013 8:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
05/27/2013 10:26 AMPosted by Paratroopa
If you're playing right, you should have near 100% uptime on RoF.

Now that's just not quite true. At lower levels of gear, you flat out dont have enough haste to even come close. Maintaining a high uptime is pertinent yes, but not so much that you don't cast a single spell in between.

This reply confuses me, since higher haste shortens the length of your RoF. Theoretically, shouldn't it be easier to keep a high RoF uptime at lower gear levels? It certainly felt that way for me.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
05/27/2013 10:51 AMPosted by Suzyq

Now that's just not quite true. At lower levels of gear, you flat out dont have enough haste to even come close. Maintaining a high uptime is pertinent yes, but not so much that you don't cast a single spell in between.

This reply confuses me, since higher haste shortens the length of your RoF. Theoretically, shouldn't it be easier to keep a high RoF uptime at lower gear levels? It certainly felt that way for me.

Haste increases mana regen. If you're not on a multi-target fight the odds of you being able to keep RoF up 100% is basically nil. There will be points where your mana can't handle it, especially when you're waiting for your next Dark Soul and don't want to waste embers trying to regen mana.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I've been trying to keep 100% uptime, and over shorter periods I'm able to do it but when a fight drags on for a while I just can't keep my mana up
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
I think it adds some flavor to the spec to have RoF in the rotation...

If you dont like it...dont use it. You can still put out good damage without it.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
I really hate how rain of fire is mandatory on single targets and only last 7 secs.....

I heard they may change this. Has anyone confirmed?

You are kind of playing it fast and loose with the word mandatory...

L2 play without it...if you know the spec well your damage will not be bad.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
It really isnt mandatory, and should really only be used if you have enough haste. Its very usefull however, on fights such as Lei Shi or Primordius due to all the small adds you might not see, but that your RoF still catches, allowing you to maintain massive ember generation and chaos bolt your face off.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
I think it adds some flavor to the spec to have RoF in the rotation...

If you dont like it...dont use it. You can still put out good damage without it.

This x1000, I actually enjoy weaving RoF in my single target fights, keeps me busy.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Does using RoF return enough burning embers on single target fights to make it a valueable DPS tool?

I never use it on single target fights and still pull around 57-58K sustained, higher if I get better RNG or have CD's popped.

Would I possibly see these numbers changed if I started using my RoF on single target fights?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Does using RoF return enough burning embers on single target fights to make it a valueable DPS tool?

I never use it on single target fights and still pull around 57-58K sustained, higher if I get better RNG or have CD's popped.

Would I possibly see these numbers changed if I started using my RoF on single target fights?

Yes RoF does increase your damage on single target, as long as your not constantly going OOM and can't cast other abilities, but even 50% uptime should be obtainable in most situations. RoF=more embers=more chaos bolts=more damage.

And no offense but 58k sustained is not very good sir. Its actually quite bad buddy
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock

Yes RoF does increase your damage on single target, as long as your not constantly going OOM and can't cast other abilities, but even 50% uptime should be obtainable in most situations. RoF=more embers=more chaos bolts=more damage.

And no offense but 58k sustained is not very good sir. Its actually quite bad buddy

It is all dependent on his gear though. If he is not above 470 then it is terrible.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I'm still breaking 110k or so without the use of RoF on single targets...
I don't find it necessary, though the faster trinket procs are nice on occasion.

I wouldn't worry about it, if you find it to be too much.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
RoF is not mandatory. It is min/maxing. You should be keeping it up as often as you can, but not using RoF in a single target rotation does not make or break the spec.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
It gets really annoying casting RoF every 3-5 seconds. That's all I'll say. I would love 7 seconds.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]