Paladin Ret Rotation concern

90 Tauren Paladin
Hi community,
I use CLCRet to keep track of my rotation. It's a decent addon and generally, all the move proposed is the one to maximise your dps (the deafult one)

However, I was wondering, with the t15 4pc bonus, should I change the rotation pathern. I couldn't find the best rotation "string" to put in CLCRet config to maximise my dps on the forum. Or should I stick to the default one. (which I think I should not)

Ty
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
with the 4p should look something like this

inq tv4_4t15 tv3_4t15 tv5 howaw tv4aw exoaw tvaw how exo cs jaw jhow j tv3 inqes inqlh
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
...You really shouldn't need that many conditionals in the sequence. "jaw" and "jhow" could all be dropped for "j", since it should remain bottom of the list with 4pT15, for example. Also, wouldn't "tv3_4t15" essentially be the same as "tv4_4t15"?

Something like

inq tv5 how exo cs_n4t15 jhow tv3_4t15 cs j

should be fine.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
hey man, gotta make the easy spec look complex D:

also, grog, the new look, midlife crisis? :p
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I used "inq tvdp tv5 how exo cs j tv3 ss" for a while now.

Also, does anyone know if you can change the inq refresh time from 5 secs to 2?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
T-shirt. Try and get a picture of the shirt up some time. Basically, Disney's Grumpy (which, incidentally, is what my name loosely translates to from French) brandishing a pickaxe with the tagline, "To save time...let's just assume I know everything."

Yes, the option is in there somewhere.
Edited by Grôgnárd on 5/24/2013 11:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
In other news, Grognard has finally changed his mog.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
...You really shouldn't need that many conditionals in the sequence. "jaw" and "jhow" could all be dropped for "j", since it should remain bottom of the list with 4pT15, for example. Also, wouldn't "tv3_4t15" essentially be the same as "tv4_4t15"?

Something like

inq tv5 how exo cs_n4t15 jhow tv3_4t15 cs j

should be fine.

Perfect, I dind't know you could put so much condition in the string. Ill try it tonight as soon I get home.

Not that the default was a bad dps output, but I knew there was place for improvement because of the T15 bonuses.
Edited by Évo on 5/24/2013 11:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

The tab you put the rotation commands, theres another tab called setting, click that change what settings you want
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
In other news, Grognard has finally changed his mog.

Hey, I do have other 'mogs I use.

...On rare occasions. >_>
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I disagree with putting 3hopo tv with 4pc over CS/Judge/exo because it leads to empty globals. TV fills a global for us. You essentially will be generating less hopo over the fight and potentially losing a global's worth of damage to try to make use of a 4pc that more than likely won't matter anyway. The next CS is more than likely not going to give you another proc.

Don't have any math to support my conclusion, but creating empty globals for a 40% chance at a new proc doesn't sit well in my stomach.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
The way I game the 4pT15 buff is to build HoPo with anything but CS until 5HoPo when possible, but there are times where CS is the only thing off CD and I have 3+HoPo with the buff and burning it is the only viable choice. Usually procs again on the very next CS, too.

Though your point made me look back at the priority I posted earlier, I think it could be simplified further to:

inq tv5 how exo cs_n4t15 j tv3_4t15
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The math was done on ej and it clearly states that altering your single target rotation for the t15 proc is not a dps gain. The only time the rotation should be altered is during CDs where you will now prioritize CS over judgment.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]