Why is WSB called an empire...

91 Orc Warrior
...When it's clearly a battalion?
Reply Quote
Some of their members just have a little too much fun with it and get carried away in their forum posts. I wouldn't give it too much thought.
Reply Quote
Truth be told, I started it just to have some stupid fun but then it actually became something more. It's starting to be worked into the guild's structure at this point as well. I'd throw some money at a name change but WSB is a bit to memorable.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock
Battalion implies been part of something, Empire conceives itself an independent growing structure.

Also... sounds awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
((

NEW MONIKER:

Warsong Battalion Empire of the Kingship of Warbringers!

))
Reply Quote
91 Orc Warrior
Battalion implies been part of something, Empire conceives itself an independent growing structure.Also... sounds awesome.

Then change the name >.>
Reply Quote
<Warsong Empire>

<Warsong Battalion>

Hmmmm...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Empire sounds too Alliance/Human-y to me. Warsong Legion imo
Reply Quote
91 Orc Warrior

Espicially HOLY empire.

WSB is a bunch of male human paladins in disguise.
Reply Quote

Warsong Legion is very catchy imo. Also matches our whole God-Emperor-Empire thing
Reply Quote
7 Gnome Warrior
Battalion implies been part of something, Empire conceives itself an independent growing structure.

Also... sounds awesome.
Well, it is a Horde battalion, so the implication is accurate.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock

That's you feeling in the blanks there has never been a Human Empire. In fact the closest thing to our Holy Empire has been the fel orcs and the Burning Legion. Who happen to revere their leaders as Gods too :O
Edited by Frinkls on 5/25/2013 2:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Lordaeron was an Empire
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock
Lordaeron was an Empire

Ok let's define an Empire, it is a super organization (Comprised of many little and different polities/nations) under a strong central government (No alliance, Confederacy or Parliament), that is in constant expansion.

First problem, were the kingdoms under Lordaeron different enough as to be called different Nations/Cultures?(If you count the Dwarfs, and Elfs as part of the "Empire" yea.)

Did the seat of government exert overruling power on all the subject nations? Well... They themselves called it an "alliance", and didn't Greymane openly refused a call to arms?

Lastly was it an expansionistic organization? Not really... Therefore I would consider Lordaeron more a Feudal State/Kingdom than a proper Empire.
Reply Quote
I don't think any human groups have been called an empire. Arathor was in the non canon rpg books but those don't count. When I think WoW and Empire two things come to mind right away. The troll empires, and the insect race empires. (The mantid, nerubians etc.) The Darkspear and Revantusk were once part of the Gurubashi and Amani empires I guess but that's the closest thing really.

The next things to come to mind are the Mogu and Pandaren empires, both of which are now defunct.

You could make the arguement that Arathor was an empire, but I don't know of any canon lore that refers to it as such. If you use a broad enough definition, you can call a lot of nations in WoW an empire, but if they're not called an empire, I don't think that it causes a thematic clashing by calling a guild an empire. It's not like you're calling an orc a king, or a human warchief, or a gnome high priestess or a goblin archdruid.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Truth be told, I started it just to have some stupid fun but then it actually became something more. It's starting to be worked into the guild's structure at this point as well. I'd throw some money at a name change but WSB is a bit to memorable.

I started it to have some stupid fun

have some stupid fun

stupid fun

stupid
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]