squishy in pvp?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Since 5.3 came out it seems I dropping within a global cool down. I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong. People I used to duel and eventually win against are now crushing me. I'm not having this issue on my alt. What am I doing wrong? My positioning and game play are the same.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Be more specific.. what kind of pvp? Against what classes/specs? A number of specs got damage buffs, some of them quite significant and IIRC, holy paladins got nerfs. You may also get hit significantly harder from some classes that didn't get nerfed due to some of the 5.3 gear changes that makes it very advisable to wear certain 2/4 piece tier bonuses in pvp, such as the 2t14 warrior set which gives a flat 25% bonus damage to mortal strike.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Welcome to world of pve wins pvp.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Welcome to world of pve wins pvp.

Yup, everyone is running around in 2/2 upgraded Heroic Thunderforged gear.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Welcome to world of pve wins world pvp.

ftfy
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
ALSO with 5.3 came the uselessness of PvP Pow. and Res. You need to stack on Stam gems for survival.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Pvp power is still an extremely good stat, that it's no longer what you want to primarily gem does absolutely not make it useless or garbage. It's a ton of free itemization on gear, and an incredible amount of added throughput.

Stam gem is what Noxxic recommends, which is pretty much the joke of the game. You will never see anyone at any kind of respectable rating gemming stamina.
Edited by Cayse on 5/25/2013 7:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I stack in Stam/Mastery gems and I do a lot of !@#$%^- damage and I don't die very easily. I'm happy with my set-up.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
For blue sockets try strength/PvP power purple gems. I think these are Tense cuts?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I stack in Stam/Mastery gems and I do a lot of !@#$%^- damage and I don't die very easily. I'm happy with my set-up.

Worst advice ever. You should never, ever gem for stam in pvp. With the pvp power nerfs, gem strength. Idk why, we actually got our heals buffed. All dps specs with heals pretty much got big healing buffs while healer specs got nerfed. So at this time, your ret should be pretty hard to kill. You gotta sacrifice that holy power for dem offheals though.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
05/26/2013 03:28 PMPosted by Digitalimage

Worst advice ever. You should never, ever gem for stam in pvp.

You'd be surprised.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I am holy. I am able to stay up in arena by humping the snot out of those pillars, but I cant heal my partners through the damage anymore. During RBGs, I'd immediately taken out. The GCD on bubble is dumb.

I decided pvp is far too gimped this season. I am going to attempt pve on my mage. PVE got a lot of love, maybe its worth playing?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Play both, it's possible.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]