Friends List Bugged Since 5.3

90 Human Hunter
Since the patch, I've been having really obnoxious problems with my friends list.

To start with, when I first log in, my friends list will appear completely blank. If I try to scroll through the blank list, I get the following LUA error:

Message: Interface\FrameXML\HybridScrollFrame.lua:53: bad argument #1 to 'min' (number expected, got nil)
Time: 05/26/13 02:49:55
Count: 21
Stack: [C]: ?
[C]: in function `min'
Interface\FrameXML\HybridScrollFrame.lua:53: in function `HybridScrollFrame_OnMouseWheel'
[string "*:OnMouseWheel"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnMouseWheel"]:1>

Locals:

If I move to a different social tab (Who/Chat/Raid) and then back, it shows my friends. However, it's still quite buggy. Sometimes it will show friends that I have seen log off in chat. Sometimes tooltips won't quite match up -- I'll hover over a name only to see the tooltip showing the person above the one I'm hovering over, and when I right-click it will act as though I've clicked on the wrong person. It also shows people who are offline in the section for online character friends (still showing them offline, they're just in the wrong spot on my list).

All of these issues seem to be overlapping, so sometimes I'll see someone offline listed as though they're online, and they'll show the wrong person's tooltip. This happens now basically every time I log on.

I've tried completely resetting my UI, deleting my cache folder, everything. Not really sure what to do to fix it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
When you reset the UI did you move/delete the Cache, Interface and WTF folders?

Edit:

You could also try running the repair utility via the Launcher. Exit the game first.

If none of that works it would be best to ask on the Technical Support forum; or maybe the UI & Macro forum.
Edited by Mericca on 5/26/2013 1:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Yep. Deleted my cache, renamed the others. Still doing it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Update: Running the repair utility through the launcher did indeed fix it, at least from what I can tell so far.

So if anyone else is having the same problem, that should work.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
If it happens again, change your bnet status to away and then back to available. This is how I get past this Blizzard fail.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Well, it is happening again. :| Changing my status isn't seeming to do anything.

I really hope I don't end up having to repair my client every day or two because of this.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
88908794610:
Since the patch, I've been having really obnoxious problems with my friends list.

To start with, when I first log in, my friends list will appear completely blank. If I try to scroll through the blank list, I get the following LUA error:

Message: Interface\FrameXML\HybridScrollFrame.lua:53: bad argument #1 to 'min' (number expected, got nil)
Time: 05/26/13 02:49:55
Count: 21
Stack: [C]: ?
[C]: in function `min'
Interface\FrameXML\HybridScrollFrame.lua:53: in function `HybridScrollFrame_OnMouseWheel'
[string "*:OnMouseWheel"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnMouseWheel"]:1>

Locals:

If I move to a different social tab (Who/Chat/Raid) and then back, it shows my friends. However, it's still quite buggy. Sometimes it will show friends that I have seen log off in chat. Sometimes tooltips won't quite match up -- I'll hover over a name only to see the tooltip showing the person above the one I'm hovering over, and when I right-click it will act as though I've clicked on the wrong person. It also shows people who are offline in the section for online character friends (still showing them offline, they're just in the wrong spot on my list).

All of these issues seem to be overlapping, so sometimes I'll see someone offline listed as though they're online, and they'll show the wrong person's tooltip. This happens now basically every time I log on.

I've tried completely resetting my UI, deleting my cache folder, everything. Not really sure what to do to fix it.

I've been having this problem since the patch too. =(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
88907996861:
If it happens again, change your bnet status to away and then back to available. This is how I get past this Blizzard fail.

Thank you! I've been having the same issue and was looking around to find out what mod was causing the problem -- but toggling the b.net status to away and back works great. (Especially since this particular issue seems to only be affecting one character; all my others can get their friends list with no problem, and all have the same add-ons.) Thanks again :D
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I'm having same problem. It happens on all toons. Same addons. I've tried disabling all addons but still happens. Toggling away/available does nothing. I'm afraid to the Repair utility will wipe out my addon settings. if it stop when addons were disabled then I could slowly start the process of elimination but that did nothing. So frustrating. Any other suggestions welcomed. Also, will running the Repair wipe out my addon settings?
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
The repair tool doesn't touch your addon settings, fortunately.

I can say this because I've been having to run it before I play to get my friendslist to behave. :|

I've also noticed it seems to be displaying my non-btag/realid and offline friends in a random order. One of my friends' alts is almost always shown at what should be the top of my online character friends list, even if he's offline or on a different character. Going down my list, it's not even in alphabetical order or organized in any way anymore.

And again, running the repair tool fixes this, but only for one session. If I close the client I have to run the repair tool again or else the bugs come back. REALLY annoying, here.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Same problem as OP, in addition, doesn't seem to do sorting....It's not the addons. Must be another 'feature.' Hope it gets fixed soon.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Same problem here
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Raises hand, same here
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I took some screenshots in case it helps Blizzard determine what is happening.

http://imageshack.us/a/img11/1126/friendbug1.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img10/7389/friendbug2.jpg

It seems to only affect my non-realid, non-battletag friends from what I can tell. Random friends from my server that I've added on a per-character basis are always the ones that get mixed up, while my RealID and BattleTag friends always appear in the proper place (in the online section if they're online, or in the offline section if they're offline) and in the proper order (alphabetical).

What the screenshots above show is the result of whenever my friends list appears completely blank when I open it -- as in it shows I have ZERO friends total: none online, none offline, just totally empty -- and click over to the Who tab and back again to populate the list.

Relogging rarely helps, and when it does it's only temporary anyways. As others have said, I have tried with no addons enabled, WTF/Cache/Interface folders cleared, and the issue still persists.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Having the exact same issue - please fix whatever this bug is.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I am also have the same issue, including the fact that my screen says that 7 of my friends are logged into the game, but only 4 show up. Trying repair option now as suggested above. Issue seems to be slowly getting worse, and up until today, there was no problem with the number of friends showing as logged in, and the number of actual toons showing on list!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Just chiming in that the only way to get updated info is to refresh the "Who" tab then go back to the friends tab. Even then, the active friends don't push to the top. Hope there is a fix soon.
Reply Quote
60 Blood Elf Hunter
Patch has been out for awhile now. Can we please get a fix or at least acknowledgement on this bug? Subscription fee and everything and they can't even fix a friend's list error?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Yeah this bug is really annoying to me, anyway to permanently fix it?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Having the same problem as well.

Not sure it's related, but I have had friends online message me that did not show up in my titanbar friends addon. That's when I went into the social window and realized all friends were missing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]