Inquisition...

100 Blood Elf Paladin
Dear blizzard, could you make it so that the first skill i use after entering combat give me 10 seconds of inquisition.

An inquisition refresh when you kill something would be a nice alternative 2.

This would make me very happy doing world errands and stuff.

thank you

Sincerely..

Random pally#145425
Edited by Ikai on 5/27/2013 6:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
No.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Dear blizzard, could you make it so that the first skill i use after entering combat give me 10 seconds of inquisition.

Well, the first skill you use in combat would most likely be a damage spell. So you would in turn be granted a Holy Power. So that 1 holy power is 10seconds of Inq. You're asking something that we already have
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/24/2013 06:54 PMPosted by Majintherm

Well, the first skill you use in combat would most likely be a damage spell. So you would in turn be granted a Holy Power. So that 1 holy power is 10seconds of Inq. You're asking something that we already have

One button is hard to press.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
What?

Are you asking for a pre charge for Inquisition at the start of the fight? Like being able to hit it for zero HP for 10 free seconds?

Not really needed since it doesn't take any time to build up the HP to begin with, but I guess it could be nice.

I think Druids have something similar for one of their maintenance buffs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
wouldn't mind 0 hp giving 10s of inquisition simply because it would mean I don't have to waste an exo to get an early 30 sec inq up in pvp
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin

Savage Roar still costs 25 energy, though. A free Inquisition would just be...free.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
http://i.imgur.com/wJb8QXl.jpg
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
05/24/2013 08:22 PMPosted by Keten

Savage Roar still costs 25 energy, though. A free Inquisition would just be...free.

it could cost half my mana bar for all i care, thats not the point. Increasing quality of life in wow is not allowed right?

It wouldnt affect PvE (raid), dont know about PvP (dont think it would since ret isnt near of being a top class), and it would have a really huge and nice impact in quality of life of my dailies farming.

Edited by Ikai on 5/24/2013 9:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
It would affect PvE; we're not balanced around opening with Inq up. I have trouble not stripping aggro off the bat without the Inq or CDs running.

Besides, as pointed out already, 1HoPo = 10s Inq. Judge, Inq; problem solved.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
my 87twinked out(at 85 then xp from bgs) is twice as hard keeping up SnD than inq on my ret. stop crying, Inq is fine, easy to keep up, learn to control your resource system it's tons of fun
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin

That's been discussed before and definitely something I can get behind, since it actually doesn't affect endgame PvE.

Also, half of our mana bar is still essentially free. :U
Edited by Keten on 5/24/2013 9:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Glyph of Inquisition: You judgment gives you 5 seconds of inquisition, can only occur once every 30 seconds.

Maybe? I dunno, I don't have any problem keeping Inquisition up, but even the developers agree the current glyph is absolute trash.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
You people really need to back up off your troll hats, there are bad Inquisition threads that are nothing but whining and then there are ones that actually try to have a discussion.

Guess what? This is one of the latter.

That's still a pittance, it would basically be like having ours cost a large chunk of Mana.

I don't think we really need it and ten seconds would be way too long, five is more like it, but it's not a horrible "I HATE INQUISITION CAUSE IT'S HARD GET RID OF IT!!!!" suggestion.

This has been brought up before. A partial or even full refresh via supplication would be rather nice, it would be a nudge for PVPers without being anything major and a convenience for general questing and the like.

These are the kinds of things we should be talking about in Inquisition threads.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You people really need to back up off your troll hats, there are bad Inquisition threads that are nothing but whining and then there are ones that actually try to have a discussion.

Guess what? This is one of the latter.

That's still a pittance, it would basically be like having ours cost a large chunk of Mana.

I don't think we really need it and ten seconds would be way too long, five is more like it, but it's not a horrible "I HATE INQUISITION CAUSE IT'S HARD GET RID OF IT!!!!" suggestion.

This has been brought up before. A partial or even full refresh via supplication would be rather nice, it would be a nudge for PVPers without being anything major and a convenience for general questing and the like.

These are the kinds of things we should be talking about in Inquisition threads.

These threads are pointless.

They discuss changes we don't actually need when there are plenty of potential changes that I would argue we do need.

Such as Blizzard taking a long hard look at our defensive capability.

The cooldown on Divine Shield could be lowered by two minutes.

Or Ret could receive some form of a physical mitigation cooldown.

Or we could be able to get out of a cyclone without a trinket.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin

All your suggestions are pointless, Ret doesn't need any of those.

You see that?

Subjective.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/24/2013 10:40 PMPosted by Cadenbrie

All your suggestions are pointless, Ret doesn't need any of those.

You see that?

Subjective.

They were suggestions, I'm not saying any of them are good.
My point wasn't to specify these ideas, but to point out the spec has issues outside of convenience while questing.

Should I be more specific?

Before the current buff to our damage I might agree that Inquisition could be tweaked, but now there is really no justification for changing an already easy to maintain buff.
Why fix something that works fine?

Especially when compared to almost any other class/spec combo, we are extremely lacking in defensive capability.

I don't see the point asking for changes to an easy maintenance buff.

As you said however,
Subjective.
Edited by Kathira on 5/24/2013 10:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Exactly, subjective.

If this were another thread whining about Inquisition being bad and that it needs to be taken out or "GIVE INQUISITION AUTO REFRESH ON TV!!!111!" I'd agree with you.

But it's not, it's just talk about some possible minor improvements.

If you made a constructive, non aggressive thread about your suggestions and people came in and told you they were dumb I'd be saying the same thing I've said here.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 5/24/2013 11:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]