Inquisition...

90 Dwarf Paladin
05/25/2013 06:40 PMPosted by Reikoshea
add execution sentence as baseline, but with a much shorter CD

If this were done, it were made to cost HoPo, and Inq was kept in the rotation, then we might have a valid argument for a refresh mechanic. Apply at 1~3 HoPo, 5s CD, 10s duration, increasing in power with HoPo spent on it.

It's a very interesting idea, considering Ret is really the only spec that uses ES to any serious degree as far as I'm aware. But we would still need an eff-up mechanic if Inq were removed for a HoPoES, so losing or clipping ES should be plenty punishing - preferably about as much as mismanaging Inq. The simple fact that it would make numbers, though, would probably silence a lot of the QQ of being forced to spend HoPo on something other than TV.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
ಠ_ಠ
Reply Quote
21 Night Elf Rogue
I honestly think a good way to approach this would be to give Retribution paladins access to an ability like Rogues' Deadly Momentum, which refreshes Inquisition to its original duration when you kill a target that grants experience or Honor. That way Inquisition is still a required management tool in multiplayer content where you're not guaranteed to get a killing blow, but it improves the quality of life for questing Paladins so that they don't have to refresh Inquisition on an enemy-by-enemy basis.

Just my possibly stupid two cents
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Just my possibly stupid two cents

That's been brought up and discussed before, and that's probably the best, least intrusive idea so far.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You people really need to back up off your troll hats, there are bad Inquisition threads that are nothing but whining and then there are ones that actually try to have a discussion.

Guess what? This is one of the latter.

That's still a pittance, it would basically be like having ours cost a large chunk of Mana.

I don't think we really need it and ten seconds would be way too long, five is more like it, but it's not a horrible "I HATE INQUISITION CAUSE IT'S HARD GET RID OF IT!!!!" suggestion.

This has been brought up before. A partial or even full refresh via supplication would be rather nice, it would be a nudge for PVPers without being anything major and a convenience for general questing and the like.

These are the kinds of things we should be talking about in Inquisition threads.

These threads are pointless.

They discuss changes we don't actually need when there are plenty of potential changes that I would argue we do need.

Such as Blizzard taking a long hard look at our defensive capability.

The cooldown on Divine Shield could be lowered by two minutes.

Or Ret could receive some form of a physical mitigation cooldown.

Or we could be able to get out of a cyclone without a trinket.

Why do we need more look into Defensive CDs? Our off-heals are insanely good right now and at least a minute or so after using Divine shield can we use Lay on hands.

Now a way to get out of cyclone without a trinket would be godly though, since an instant cast Cyclone is annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
05/25/2013 01:30 PMPosted by Alterran
I hate inq.

Coming from a level 1 Warrior with no achievements....

It's a character... Sure he has others.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
It's a character... Sure he has others.

Inconceivable!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Why are you using Inq to level and quest ? Its a waste of HoPo.

It's a pretty noticeable boost in kill speed, which increases questing speed, at least assuming you're not standing around long enough between fights for it to fall off all the time. I mean, like I said earlier, you can just Judgment > Inquisition > reach target > have Inquisition up the whole fight. And if you get a full 30 second one off (maybe you reach 3 HP just as you kill an enemy) it will last for several fights.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
I don't think I've undergeared any of the daily zones for a long time. :P But I easily notice if I let Inquisition drop off. It's all a matter of preference, though.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Why do we need more look into Defensive CDs? Our off-heals are insanely good right now and at least a minute or so after using Divine shield can we use Lay on hands.

Now a way to get out of cyclone without a trinket would be godly though, since an instant cast Cyclone is annoying.

In random BGs or "Wpvp" maybe but in arenas every team will rush the ret paladin. LoH isn't usable in rated PvP and while our off heals are excellent for our teammates its not as effective when used on yourself.

Cyclone nerf should not have been reverted.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
05/26/2013 11:51 AMPosted by Covahredro
Epeeners buff

You keep spouting that in every thread as if it means something. I'm all for warranted changes; but making Inq a useless button, or taking Ret back to the mindless faceroll of Wrath, are not a warranted changes.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
05/26/2013 11:51 AMPosted by Covahredro
Epeeners buff, that's why you're ppl in every thread, spouting how good you are.

wait, so, being able to watch a buff duration and refresh it before it drops is epeening?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
You ppl haven't done squat to help this class, were was your support for ideas like Devotion Aura removing silence or Divine Protection usable while stunned?

I don't post just to say "I agree". I supported being able to use Divine Protection while stunned, but I had nothing else to say on the matter, so I didn't post in those threads. I don't think I ever saw a thread here suggesting that Devotion Aura break silences.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well considering so many changes have been made to make WoW more enjoyable I don't see why not change inquisition. That isn't to say I'm not thankful for the MoP changes. Protection paladin inquisition was a nightmare in Cata... we had what 9 secs to maintain and keep it refreshed and the change to not being able to refresh to a lower duration as well.

On another front I remember constantly having to refresh lightning shield as a shaman but now it lasts an hour..
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
On another front I remember constantly having to refresh lightning shield as a shaman but now it lasts an hour..

I only stared playing a Shaman in Cata, but my wife has played one since Wrath; pretty sure they were an hour when she started, too. Now, though, Lightning Shield has no charges that get consumed and drop the shield.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
05/26/2013 12:24 PMPosted by Majintherm
Epeeners buff, that's why you're ppl in every thread, spouting how good you are.

wait, so, being able to watch a buff duration and refresh it before it drops is epeening?

When you start saying it takes skill to do so, yes. Not that I want to feed the troll, but I have read some of the Pallies on this forum spout this off when in defense of Inq, and then turn around and tell people who show a dissenting opinion about Inq that they just can't handle maintaining an easy buff. It's a little contradictory.

But, hey, I guess that's how it is here sometimes. You're either with the majority's opinion, or you don't know how to play Paladin.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
05/26/2013 03:44 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
I only stared playing a Shaman in Cata, but my wife has played one since Wrath; pretty sure they were an hour when she started, too.

No, they were 10 minutes until MoP, but in Cataclysm one of Elemental's talents would constantly extend Lightning Shield's duration.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]